Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what channel are you watching the Olympics on?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Folks yee shouldn't be complaining watchin here stateside in california on NBC and coz we are on the west coast we dont get to see any coverage live its all on a two hour delay its a pain in the hole you cant even risk a net surf :(

Is phelps getting the mad coverage he is getting here??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

BBC
    I watch on RTE if possible, i will flick to BBC to see what they're showing (far too much boxing on RTE...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Eurosport
    And thats because its the one sport we have lots of competitors in. We had 5....and we might squeeze a medal out of one of them even though there is only 3 left now.

Point is, we are just as bad as the BBC in plugging our own. It's only natural. Interest and ratings come from watching a fellow country man.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

BBC
    I think that RTE should show more swimming just so I can hear more from Gary O' Toole. He really knows his stuff and he also has a personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

janeybabe wrote: »
    I think that RTE should show more swimming just so I can hear more from Gary O' Toole. He really knows his stuff and he also has a personality.

Show more !
    They cant possibly show anymore because they show every bloody event in the swimming.Its ridiculous.
    I've had my fill of swimming at this stage.
    Lots of events arent getting a look in because of the wall to wall swimming coverage.

• Advertisement

BBC
    Show more !
    They cant possibly show anymore because they show every bloody event in the swimming.Its ridiculous.
    I've had my fill of swimming at this stage.
    Lots of events arent getting a look in because of the wall to wall swimming coverage.

I meant after the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Eurosport
    Enjoying the BBC coverage of track and field especially100m Sue Barker with Michael Johnson and Colin Jackson in the Birds Nest building the atmosphere. RTE is doing well with Kiernan and Coughlan but that garish blue set is very off putting. I know we are not comparing like with like, but if find Today at the Olympics round up on RTE2 quite good especially if one can't watch the events live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

i for one very much enjoy the bbc swimming coverage , in particular the poolside reports of the still smokin hot at nearly 50 sharon davies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Enjoyed the BBC's interactive coverage which is a Godsend.
    Gabby Logan on the other hand,cant stand her.
    She is an insufferable bore,full of her own self importance and boy does she like the sound of her own voice.
    She seems to think that 'Team GB' is the only topic for discussion,painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Enjoyed the BBC's interactive coverage which is a Godsend.
    She is an insufferable bore,full of her own self importance and boy does she like the sound of her own voice.
    She seems to think that 'Team GB' is the only topic for discussion,painful.

Gabby by name - gabby by nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Eurosport
    boy does she like the sound of her own voice.

Have to say I love her voice also and the rest of her :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

gabby logan is terrific and she actually knows a little about sport unlike the LOVELY GIRL that is joanne cantwell

BBC
    Someone tell George to stfu during the closing ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

BBC
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Someone tell George to stfu during the closing ceremony.

Really? Imagine if there was no commentary, it'd be an utter bore-fest...

BBC
    dulpit wrote: »
    Really? Imagine if there was no commentary, it'd be an utter bore-fest...

Yeah, obviously, but not all this 'flame of joy lingers in the hearts of blah blah blah blah....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Use multiscreen with BBC interactive but for HD i watch Eurosport HD, picture is stunning.

Advertisement