Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wankery way people act when they get new stuff

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Fantastic post op. I too am aware of this! Let's be friends! Maybe?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Neesa wrote: »
    I am getting an MP3 Player, a deck (I already have the other one), a gaming console, new headphones and jewellery tomorrow.

How long does that entitle me to, wanker-wise?

You're also getting me a pint over the whole mcsavage thing remember?
    YOu can act like a wanker forever over that!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 holylucifer

I Would get exicted if i got a new pc for gaming really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

boneless wrote: »
    Every time I get a stiffy... at my age it's a great boost, pun intended :D!!

Being a bird watching Mod I thought you'd have a permanent horn on ya!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Degsy wrote: »
    You're also getting me a pint over the whole mcsavage thing remember?
    YOu can act like a wanker forever over that!;)

What??! A pint! I don't recall agreeing to that!

I said I'd go as high as 5 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hate people who wear white... especially fat people, because it makes them look so much fatter.

But i get what you're saying OP, specifically when it comes to new toys like a camera or an mp3 player etc..

I bought a watch on eBay and i can't wait to get it!!! Although there will most likely be a bit of an anti climax when i do.. Because then it's over and i've nothing to look forward to anymore:( Until i buy another one:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Neesa wrote: »
    What??! A pint! I don't recall agreeing to that!

I said I'd go as high as 5 ;)

Five it is.
    I'll buy you a bottle of gin when the first shovelfull of earth hits his coffin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

togster wrote: »
    With you there OP. Not so sure i'd get excited about a by-pass :pac:

You should probably avoid getting excited so soon after a bypass. Bad for the ticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

boneless wrote: »
    Every time I get a stiffy... at my age it's a great boost, pun intended :D!!

Is that how you came up with your name?:D

Is that how you came up with your name?:D

From his post I reckon he has trouble coming up with anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Going to the shops today now that they're open. Hoping to share stories of the new utopia here. More than likely in a new thread due to the mods fear of zombies in any form :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Going to the shops today now that they're open. Hoping to share stories of the new utopia here. More than likely in a new thread due to the mods fear of zombies in any form :pac:
    I need to ask. How did you find a thread that is nearly 13 years old?!!

Oh and I like shiny new things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

oooooh fancy new thread

oh

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

Im guilty of this myself, but does anyone else notice how different people act when they get new stuff - be it new clothes, new mates, new shoooes etc etc.

For about 24 hours after gaining something new/experiencing something new/meeting someone new, I have this brilliant (albeit invisible) glow about me. Its hard to explain, but it does change your behavior for a bit

Yet a while later i think to myself -"God! You get excited over stupid things".

A few examples...

New white hoodie with ample pocket room
    Moate Bypass
    Any new mobile
    Making new friends that you instantly click with

You get cocky for a short while and then move on.

Hope this suits the theme of AH. Perhaps more suited to BGRH/mid life crisis forums ha! :pac:

Your thoughts people? Positive and negative (I fear a backlash!)

I have never been like that and make a point of not surrounding myself with people like that.

The reason you are like this is because you have not worked on your spiritual path and believe the educated mentally ill who say you do not have a soul. So you fill what should be your soul with material and social bull**** of no meaning.

The good news is you are waking to the sense of loss in you. Now you can properly address it. Burn your Brian Cox DVDs and come to see the likes of Prof Luke O'Neil as the lunatic creep show he is and find a sunset or a forest. Stay away from religion too. Especially Christianity. That's pure evil.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

13 years old this thread. August 2008. Just one month before the world melted down in the banking crisis. If only I could warn the posters from back then about the iceberg they were approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭sporina

i don't think there's anything wrong with people being excited about new stuff or what ever..

what I do have a problem with though is begrudgery.. eg: a guy I know was mocking his neighbours for doing up their drives etc last year during the summer.. they obv had more cash what with the restrictions etc.. but he was like "oh I bet they are all getting loans".. miserable so and so..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I found it strange people were talking about buying white hoodies and mp3 players until I realised the thread is from 13 year ago.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

KTRIC wrote: »
    I would, its by-passing Moate FFS :D

Its like video games, sex and drinking all rolled into one ;)

I felt elated last week walking over the Moate bypass with my new leopard print thong on me. I was mad for the ol ride but sure I’ll have to wait til the jiving starts up again in the Well to get me a sex starved oul wan.

All of the new stuff people bought in this thread is now obsolete and in a landfill or charity shop somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I felt elated last week walking over the Moate bypass with my new leopard print thong on me. I was mad for the ol ride but sure I’ll have to wait til the jiving starts up again in the Well to get me a sex starved oul wan.

You’re more likely to get bummed if you’re walking around in a leopard print thong.

Advertisement