Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Hmmm... Would it be wise for me to buy a steel Kalash AKS-74U from Ebairsoft or do you think they'll mess up and not downgrade it even if I ask them and somehow send me the metal one? :D

Or would getting one from RSOV be more safe?

They're great prices that I really don't want to miss... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Hmmm... Would it be wise for me to buy a steel Kalash AKS-74U from Ebairsoft or do you think they'll mess up and not downgrade it even if I ask them and somehow send me the metal one? :D

Or would getting one from RSOV be more safe?

They're great prices that I really don't want to miss... :eek:

RSOV don't downgrade so it will be over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Leftyflip wrote: »
    RSOV don't downgrade so it will be over the limit.

So Ebairsoft would be the way to go, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    So Ebairsoft would be the way to go, then?

I don't think EBaybanned do down grades either. Why not ask one of the Irish retailers to import one or try uncompany, ehobbyasia or redwolf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You'll have to calculate it with shipping included, and then add 25% of that again to get an idea of the final price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Blay wrote: »
    As Masada said in another thread smaller orders seem to be ok with them, though in Doc's case that wasnt true.

But I've made big orders with them 3 times now, each one €170+ in total and every one has had a problem, other smaller orders have gone array too but I won't go into that.

Well just recently I got a €150 order in with no problems. Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

I'm afraid I'd be on the "tried them once, won't be doing it again in a hurry" group... I ordered an Army SOCOM MEU from them, and nearly got into a bit of bother with customs as the entire box had been wrapped in tinfoil!!

(Customs take that to mean that someones trying to pull a fast one..)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

over on arnies the azimuth piston tested for strenght

What a load of bull., they've tested it in conditions its never going to experience. Why not run the cr@p out of it in a gearbox all day at high speed? theres loads of pistons out there that would survive what they did.,

It Might be a decent piston, but that test is nothing other than a PR stunt.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Masada wrote: »
    What a load of bull., they've tested it in conditions its never going to experience. Why not run the cr@p out of it in a gearbox all day at high speed? theres loads of pistons out there that would survive what they did.,

It Might be a decent piston, but that test is nothing other than a PR stunt.,

Well the main thing that that piston is going to be going under is impact stress around the front and back where the piston head and spring are placed. So if they had to smacked that with a hammer then they might have had a better test but their version of "impact testing" with the hammer did show something but as u said running it in a gearbox on a high speed motor would be better...odds are a gear or the gearbox shell would fail first :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

as masada said the test is just for show and pritty pointless, the piston is never under that type of force within the gearbox, slap it in a gearbox with a 11.1 and tourture test it :) would like to see some more information beacuse for the price could be a good buy
    er...odds are a gear or the gearbox shell would fail first

to be honest i set my gearbox up so if somthing is going to do it the nice cheapish piston and not those expensive gears :)

The front isn't really under as much stress as you would think though, theres a huge cushion of air there that has to be forced out and in turn gives you the muzzle velocity so the piston has to push through that first. the most comming failure is the first tooth and the pistons shell around this area.
    That piston they compared it to is a cheapo clone type piston and its a used one aswell, you can see in the vidio on high quality that the front tooth is all chewed up.,

I'd like to see them do the comparison with a promethius Hard piston or something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Blay wrote: »

I've had a OD stock sent to me instead of a FG one,
    you should be able to order and know what will arrive at your door not wonders tha"what'll be missing this time?"

Whats the difference between FG and OD?

And I've honestly never expected something wrong... or had it, though if i did get something wrong, like you and a few (it seems most dont bother) i'd get it sorted. And they are good with that. My ratio of good to bad is all good atm, it wouldnt stop me using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Firekitten wrote: »
    Whats the difference between FG and OD?

OD is a darker shade of green than FG. I ordered a few OD and FG Pmags for my L85, the OD mags match the shade of green of the L85 almost exactly, the FG is noticably lighter. FG can almost look grey is some lighting conditions.

OD is standard green
    FG is suppost to be like sage green ala acu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Gatling wrote: »
    OD is standard green
    FG is suppost to be like sage green ala acu

Foliage Green is a light green with a tint of grey, it's the standard colour for velcro on ACU. Sage green, Sewer green and Ranger green are all darker. This page has some good colour comparison photos about 1/2 way down.

Of course, FG could also mean Feldgrau.

OzCam wrote: »
    Foliage Green is a light green with a tint of grey, it's the standard colour for velcro on ACU. Sage green, Sewer green and Ranger green are all darker. This page has some good colour comparison photos about 1/2 way down.

Of course, FG could also mean Feldgrau.
    nice link Oz
    airsoft wise you generaly only get od or so call sage green just look at the new TM G17S with sage green Pistol grips ,
    ask the average joe they will say its grey

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

The rumoured licensed A&K Masada is up on ehobby,:eek:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/a-k/aandk-masada-aeg-tan-licensed.html

Madbull Airsoft: Ultimate HopUp
    Ultimate HopUp chamber from Madbull, expect more news shorty:

Gents,

This Hopup unit is your only choice for your M4/AR style AEG.

3 Functions in 1:

(1) Tracer unit: You can attach a MadBull LED tracer unit on this Hopup unit. This is an optional accessory and will be available soon.

(2) Chamber lock: With this new hop up design you will not have to worry about losing and dropping several bb’s with a magazine change. This new design provides you with a way to keep bb’s in your AEG and ready to use and not on the floor and even better it stabilizes the top of the magazine to ensure a secure and flawless feed of bb’s into the AEG.
    You can take out the oring if you don’t like this function. This function is designed by Brian Holt.

(3) Easy adjust Hopup: Compared to traditional Hopup, our Hopup can be adjust easily.

More information and price will be released in 2 days.

Thanks

MadBull

madbull_hopup_0411.jpg

Well thats certainly something...
    Whats the price though?

• Advertisement

have not seen a price yet, the adjustment mech is like the ics hop up units which perform rather well from my experience

Puding wrote: »
    have not seen a price yet, the adjustment mech is like the ics hop up units which perform rather well from my experience

To be honest though, it is just a glorified hop chamber, with a hefty price tag by my reckoning.

yes maybe, i for one thought do swap hop up units in and out and coupled with a good quality bucking can make a big difference, anything over 20-25usd would make it prohibitively expensive for the performance increase you would get,

the bb retaining fetcher is not that use full and can see it being a pain if you need to clear your action without firing shots

the tracer sounds interesting and would like to see more

Edit: Nevermind, point was a bit silly...

I may get one just to see the differencein performance if there is any.

from what there saying the tracer unit attaches to the hop unit so mags stay the same

but yes i would see the silencer unit as being a little more user friendly :)

ISM-V
    1367-4.jpg
    1367-5.jpg
    1367-6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Probably been posted already but just wondering...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=MB-KIT-M470&search=special&rs=New Release

mb_kit_m470_m.jpg

Anyone order one yet?

Looks interesting and I'm sure changing the co2 in the middle of a skirmish might be fun... (or not) but I'd like to see one all the same

Haven't seen that before, looks interesting, would be nice to be able to get a GBB and AEG platform in the one reciever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Probably been posted already but just wondering...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=MB-KIT-M470&search=special&rs=New Release

mb_kit_m470_m.jpg

Anyone order one yet?

Looks interesting and I'm sure changing the co2 in the middle of a skirmish might be fun... (or not) but I'd like to see one all the same

very different only thing with it is its only semi only not really a problem though im sure theres a way around it good find aidian

been around for a few years, unfortunately universally paned as being bad, looked int one myself but did not go for it, your far better investing in a agm or we

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    been around for a few years, unfortunately universally paned as being bad, looked int one myself but did not go for it, your far better investing in a agm or we

Ooh:(

Advertisement