Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Olympics

Options
  • 04-08-2008 10:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Well?

Bread & Circuses?

any theories, significance of numbers, shutting down large areas of production in China, Global recession imminent? what do ye think, theories please :)

or if anyone has waded through all that hippy numerology stuff,whats the significance of 08.08.08?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Well?

Bread & Circuses?

any theories, significance of numbers, shutting down large areas of production in China, Global recession imminent? what do ye think, theories please :)

or if anyone has waded through all that hippy numerology stuff,whats the significance of 08.08.08?

Have you read all the falaffle about zionism and the olympics? The logo spelling ZION etc... Either way, the olympics thing doesn't really interest me or have any significance outside of a sporting event. H5N1 and China is more intriguing in relation to the NWO agenda of population reduction, but that would be for another thread my friend! :)

EDIT here are some links if you're interested:
    http://justinstephens.blogspot.com/2008/07/beijing-olympics-2008-zion-fifth-world.html

oops, the 2012 London olympics blog was removed...
    http://thecosmicmind.blogspot.com/2008/04/london-olympics-2012-zion-new-jerusalem.html
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread356226/pg1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I wouldn't mind another Michele Smith performance from an Irish athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sherifu wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind another Michele Smith performance from an Irish athlete.

You mean another cheating Irish performance? Just what we need...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Glad you agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Well?

or if anyone has waded through all that hippy numerology stuff,whats the significance of 08.08.08?[

Er it's hippy numerology crap?
    Bread & Circuses?

We've had the olympics every four years for the previous century or so (barring WW1 and WW2) Suggesting that this particular olympics is being staged for "bread and circuses" exposes a blatant ignorance of the historical significance and regular repetition.

But please go on and explain how this olympics is different.

/QUOTE]

They're shutting down industry around the olympics because of air pollution, anyone whose been to china can tell you about this.

Do you have a point here Mahatma?
    Kernel wrote:
    Have you read all the falaffle about zionism and the olympics?

Whats more plausible that a Zionist conspiracy theory would "advertise" themselves in a logo for the worlds largest sporting event? Or a paranoid racist reads something into a piece of bad graphic design.

This is honestly pathetic.

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    Whats more plausible that a Zionist conspiracy theory would "advertise" themselves in a logo for the worlds largest sporting event? Or a paranoid racist reads something into a piece of bad graphic design.

This is honestly pathetic.

Yup, not saying I buy into it.. just contributing to the spirit of the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

The hippies have corrupted the basics of numerology, but there is still some form of significance attached to the numbers.

did I say it was being staged as Bread and circusses, no, but it maybe used as a convenient distraction, good point to pull the plug on the economy when everyone is watchin this.

what sort of knock on effect will the shutting down of Chinese manufacturing industries have on the rest of the global economy tho, how many factorys will have to shut down globaly when they start to run short of supplies?

have a look at your own answer to Kernel, the very fact that you jumped on the Racist card imediatley says that yes it is quite plausible that the Zionist movement would have the nads to do something like that.

they count on the incredulity of Sheeple like yerself, people who are absolutely convinced that they are the ones who know the truth cos they read it in the papers/saw some 'expert' rolled out on telly to reassure them that they're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Well?

Bread & Circuses?

My 20th birthday, my date of birth is 8/8/88, I'm obviously way deeper into this than I ever thought I would be.

amacachi wrote: »
    My 20th birthday, my date of birth is 8/8/88, I'm obviously way deeper into this than I ever thought I would be.

LIZZARD!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Shut up, don't you realise how powerful I apparently must be?

• Advertisement

The hippies have corrupted the basics of numerology, but there is still some form of significance attached to the numbers.

By which you mean, you have no idea what you are on about yes?
    did I say it was being staged as Bread and circusses, no, but it maybe used as a convenient distraction, good point to pull the plug on the economy when everyone is watchin this.

I think we've proved by your "year zero" ideals on the economics thread that you are the last person to be making suggestions as to whats plausible economic theory.
    what sort of knock on effect will the shutting down of Chinese manufacturing industries have on the rest of the global economy tho, how many factorys will have to shut down globaly when they start to run short of supplies?

You do understand that it's the Beijing Olympics and not the entirety of China? Right? The entire country isn't shutting down for two weeks? 1 Billion people aren't downing tools for a couple of weeks.
    have a look at your own answer to Kernel, the very fact that you jumped on the Racist card imediatley says that yes it is quite plausible that the Zionist movement would have the nads to do something like that.

Do something like "that"? What are they trying to do? "I know we're a giant secret Zionist society, I know lets advertise ourselves subliminally in the Olympics logo". Why?

they count on the incredulity of Sheeple like yerself, people who are absolutely convinced that they are the ones who know the truth cos they read it in the papers/saw some 'expert' rolled out on telly to reassure them that they're right.

No it's more I laugh at the inanity of the arguments presented here.

How's that suitcase nuke theory working out for you again?

I think we've proved by your "year zero" ideals on the economics thread that you are the last person to be making suggestions as to whats plausible economic theory.

You do understand that it's the Beijing Olympics and not the entirety of China? Right? The entire country isn't shutting down for two weeks? 1 Billion people aren't downing tools for a couple of weeks.

Trolling & insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

amacachi wrote: »
    Shut up, don't you realise how powerful I apparently must be?

Don't mind them Oh Mighty One :p
    kneel.gif
    Forgive them for they know what they do:rolleyes:

Hence the askin of questions, that too difficult a concept for you?
    Really what have we managed to prove, the Economics 'Experts' here on boards cant really explain anything, your a Troll, the entire economy is built on some rather shakey foundations, if you cant make your point clearly just be condescending and patronisin till the asker of the difficult question gets bored and buggers off?

no not just Beijing, the four provinces around Beijing, which is a very large industrial area, so maybe not all 1 Billion people, but a fair chunk of em are downing tools, you dont think this is gonna effect the global economy, have a look around you, how many of the devices you see in whatever room you are in have ben made in China or have component parts made in China?
    Do something like "that"? What are they trying to do? "I know we're a giant secret Zionist society, I know lets advertise ourselves subliminally in the Olympics logo". Why?
    WHY??

Because they can, if you consider the mentality of these organisations then something like this makes perfect sense

Typical 'Debunker' tactic -I cant add anything to this debate so I'll derail it-

how many times do we have to ASK

Stop Trolling

please

Hence the askin of questions, that too difficult a concept for you?

I think you are proving that the concept of "there are no stupid questions" as faulty.
    Really what have we managed to prove, the Economics 'Experts' here on boards cant really explain anything, your a Troll, the entire economy is built on some rather shakey foundations, if you cant make your point clearly just be condescending and patronisin till the asker of the difficult question gets bored and buggers off?

No several posters asked some questions, got some polite and well informed answers from several posters. You kept asking the question "But why?" over and over again, and your alternative system that "we should, like grow all our own food man" got laughed out of it.

Not my fault you are willfully obtuse.
    no not just Beijing, the four provinces around Beijing, which is a very large industrial area, so maybe not all 1 Billion people, but a fair chunk of em are downing tools, you dont think this is gonna effect the global economy, have a look around you, how many of the devices you see in whatever room you are in have ben made in China or have component parts made in China?

Even if you could provide evidence to support this claim, surely it's obvious that they would up capacity in the previous months to ensure a stockpile that there was no crisis during this alleged downtools?
    WHY??

Because they can, if you consider the mentality of these organisations then something like this makes perfect sense

I'm sorry, Mahatma are you taking a worldview of a GI Joe cartoon from the 80s. If, if, a big IF, if there was a giant international Zionist conspiracy theory, why for advertise it.

Please explain their mentality, in light of your dazzling insight.

Typical 'Debunker' tactic -I cant add anything to this debate so I'll derail it-

how many times do we have to ASK

Stop Trolling

please

What exactly have you added to this "debate" aside from purile speculation, racist assertions, and uninformed and ignorant nonsense?

To clarify some points for you.

1) Why would a global Zionist conspiracy theory advertise themselves at the 2012 Olympics?

2) Why would China cripple their industrial sector during the Olympics they have been stage managing for over a decade?

3) What kind of bull**** nonsense in numerology?

whoa, back up a second, where did I make 'Racist Assertions'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

mahatma your giving as good as your getting as far as I can see across a few of those threads.

may I suggest your both try and coolo down a bit :)

Miju, I am being baited here, tis requirin large amounts of restraint to not call Diogeness a tirrade of apt names.

Diogeness has dragged all of those threads off topic, presumably because the Holocaust is an emotive enough issue that people will call for my banning at some point.

I have no problem with debate, but this sort of childishness has to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

It seems the number 8 is "lucky" in China. Haven't you seen the HSBC (I think) ad? I think they're just using this "luck" in a symbolic way.

miju wrote: »
    mahatma your giving as good as your getting as far as I can see across a few of those threads.

may I suggest your both try and coolo down a bit :)

i will as part of us try to both "your" and "coolo" a bit.

Just to clarify.

For those of just joining us

Kenrel said
    Have you read all the falaffle about zionism and the olympics? The logo spelling ZION etc...

Inset laughable contempt from several posters here.

Que, MC

Notice no explanation, no context, just, "if you are as crazy as me, their actions make sense"

Mahatma, you are digging a deep hole of pathetic bullcrepe here. I'd just stop.

• Advertisement

there is no point tying to put context on things for you, you just dont get it, you would rather willfully misrepresent what I say than actualy consider things from my perspective.

Stop being a
    TROLL

there is no point tying to put context on things for you, you just dont get it, you would rather willfully misrepresent what I say than actualy consider things from my perspective.

I'm sorry what?
    you wrote:
    yes it is quite plausible that the Zionist movement would have the nads to do something like that.

Why would the "zionist movement" do this? Explain.

You don't seem to have a perspective, unless it's a racist one, suspicious of "the Jews". You get outraged when people point out you are being racist. You demand people try and see things from your perspective, but refuse to elaborate your rational when asked to do.

Why do you think there is a global Zionist conspiracy, and why would they advertise on the 2012 Olympics logo.

And are you going to admit your error if somehow the Olympics are a success, while the world doesn't go into economic meltdown during the games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

mahatma for the last time , please cool it

bumpin this again

readin through the papers there for the last few days
    couple of interestin points

3 things happend last thursday

this is what was in fridays paper

Sonny Bill Williams (Ausie Rugby league player) gave an interview explainin why he quit
    articles on 41 pages, covering world news, sport and editorial

Olympic games started

articles on 58 pages, one whole section lift out also

Russia invades Georgia, 5 items 2 pages, towards the centre of the paper between the Harvey Norman ads and the property section

this trend has not changed over the 5 days of the 'war'

what do people make of that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The olympics is more interesting than a "war"?

People might rather read about elite sporting achievements than people blowing each others' heads off?

have we really gone that far down the road of 'feel good' media and politics that its acceptable to gloss over something like that

have we really gone that far down the road of 'feel good' media and politics that its acceptable to gloss over something like that

They're not glossing over it. My paper leads with the story, has four pages of coverage minimum with several pages of comment and editorial. Yesterdays paper had a four page background piece from a reporter who had just finished a book on the region.

Hey don't get me wrong, Georgia invaded South Ossetia confident of US backing, the Russians picked the start of the Olympics as smoke screen.

But hey Mahatma, why don't you get back to the world resource crisis that would be caused by the industrial shut down from the olympics.

How's that working out for you?

the full repercussions of the Chinese shutdown wont be felt for a few weeks yet,

what I was commenting on is the australian newspapers that I read.

also I found it funny that GWB gave out to russia for

Invading a soverign contry with intentions of toppling the government and bringing about regieme change :D

• Advertisement

So you don't think that America should pressure Russia to withdraw? Or only if they withdraw from Iraq?

Advertisement