Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird abandoned house on the road to Hook Head

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jessae86

Sully wrote: »
    Btw, how easy is this place to access if this caretaker chap watches it and apparently so do a lot of locals. People talk about the interior etc. but seems a bit odd.
    can you tell me the link that the photos are on ??? i did see a few the other day - of the kitchen and bedrooms and hall etc, there were bulbs on the beds ..... them pictures didnt even look like they were pictures of Loftus inside... maybe im wrong..!!?? Dose any1 know how recent them pics are ??? im going there this sat - travelling down from dublin (cant wait) i reckon if your carefull and sleek enuf it can be done....

loftus hall is cool, so creepy looking, me andsome friends were inside it years ago, didn't see or hear anythin out of the ordinary there. have been trying to locate the grave of the priest that did the exorcism but to no avail.
    if anyone can shed some light on it i'd be much obliged:D
    how many years ago was it when u were inside ????? was it boarded up at the time ?? like how did you get in ?? was it at nite or during the day ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

jessae86 wrote: »
    how many years ago was it when u were inside ????? was it boarded up at the time ?? like how did you get in ?? was it at nite or during the day ??

was a bunch of years ago, was still open back then, but even when it closed at first you could still walk around outside it.

so far as i remember you can access it by boat, bizarre and extreme as it sounds, but it does back out onto the sea.....

just such a shame that something so legendary in the area is off limits :(

was a bunch of years ago, was still open back then, but even when it closed at first you could still walk around outside it.

so far as i remember you can access it by boat, bizarre and extreme as it sounds, but it does back out onto the sea.....

just such a shame that something so legendary in the area is off limits :(
    Ye but im sure you can get in thru the fields !!?? i heard there is a farm people cut thru?? and down along be the hedges ?? thats how most others did it, and even reciently.... im going this down to it this sat ... where you from yourself ??? <snip>

Please, for the love of God, don't go about saying you intend to tresspass.

• Advertisement

Zaraba,, why what will happen ???? if the caretaker is around i will see if i can talk to him... has he ever let anyone in??? were all not vandals ok !!! like the other ***t's that just wana spray their names everywhere and wreck it !!!!!! i have a genuine interest in the place and i do not inteend to touch or damage a thing, i have full respect for the place and the owners !!!!

Ye but im sure you can get in thru the fields !!?? i heard there is a farm people cut thru?? and down along be the hedges ?? thats how most others did it, and even reciently.... im going this down to it this sat ... where you from yourself ??? <snip>

i'm from Rosslare, headin home to Wexico this evening (living in Dublin at the moment) will probably take a drive that far myself over the weekend just for somethin to do really lol, while you are in the area, if spooky architecture is ur thing, go to tintern abbey near by, the abbey is nice to look at, but go to the woods at the right of it, turn right when you get into them and there is a cool old mill house on the left hand side down there that you can walk around.

also, check out slade castle, not too far from there either, and if you can get to templetown, there's a church there opposite the pub that you can walk around and an old tower you can go up, don't do it alone, it's steep!!and mind it's not wet cos you'll slip

hope you enjoy the trip though :D

Please, for the love of God, don't go about saying you intend to tresspass.

bless ya for looking out for us all and keepin our noses clean ;)

i'm from Rosslare, headin home to Wexico this evening (living in Dublin at the moment) will probably take a drive that far myself over the weekend just for somethin to do really lol, while you are in the area, if spooky architecture is ur thing, go to tintern abbey near by, the abbey is nice to look at, but go to the woods at the right of it, turn right when you get into them and there is a cool old mill house on the left hand side down there that you can walk around.

also, check out slade castle, not too far from there either, and if you can get to templetown, there's a church there opposite the pub that you can walk around and an old tower you can go up, don't do it alone, it's steep!!and mind it's not wet cos you'll slip

hope you enjoy the trip though :D
    savage !!! thanks for that !!! ye i love all that kind of stuff, im just drawn to this place in particular !!! im itching to get in... im from leixlip in kildare myself..... are u going to loftus 2moro ?? whats your name ?? would you go up around the house to date ? or not anymore ??

savage !!! thanks for that !!! ye i love all that kind of stuff, im just drawn to this place in particular !!! im itching to get in... im from leixlip in kildare myself..... are u going to loftus 2moro ?? whats your name ?? would you go up around the house to date ? or not anymore ??

Yeah, it's a cool spot, just eerie to look at it. 'Most anytime i'm home i go for a drive down that way but don't think i'll be there tomorrow as I don't have afull licence and don't know if i can get anyone to come with me:(

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a cool spot, just eerie to look at it. 'Most anytime i'm home i go for a drive down that way but don't think i'll be there tomorrow as I don't have afull licence and don't know if i can get anyone to come with me:(
    Ah thats a pity !! im defo going 2mro, im really looking forward to it !! im going to try get up to the house, see what happens. if ya do get a lift might see ye there ha

Advertisement