Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Pokerfest 2008 ***Note change of date and events***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Ive just checked and they are there. sort alphabetically

Smurph I have already discussed this with Fitzwilliam staff. I flagged it many many months ago to Denise that they would clash.

Okay no problem,
    cheers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Smurph I have already discussed this with Fitzwilliam staff. I flagged it many many months ago to Denise that they would clash.

Why not change your then?!

I tried to play in this last night and couldn't find it in the lobby anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Why not change your then?!

I tried to play in this last night and couldn't find it in the lobby anywhere.

Thats because it wasnt on last night Joe.

Also, you were in the fitz - u must not have tried too hard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Tempted to play the scalps game.
    One or two questions though.
    Is is planned to finish in one night? 8pm start sounds late.
    How good is the standard Omaha donk in the Fitz considering its where the bigger PLO games are?
    Is Monday a bank Holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Tempted to play the scalps game.
    One or two questions though.
    Is is planned to finish in one night? 8pm start sounds late. It is planned to be a 1 day event, it runs fairly fast later on... I would say that with the unlimited re-buys there will be some serious big stacks around putting pressure on hte shorter stacks.

How good is the standard Omaha donk in the Fitz considering its where the bigger PLO games are? The Omaha big game, gets the same pool of players playing it on a regular basis. The Fitz is probably the only club that gets a regular €50 omaha going with a feeder table aswell. The Omaha tournament game will attract the "better" players from around the Dublin Circuit, but that is also dependent on who is playing in the Macau

Is Monday a bank Holiday?No Monday is not a bank holiday. It is really dependent on the numbers whether the main event will be a 3 day event. The schalps game could turn a bit mental though....

Hope the stuff above helps a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Thanks Collette
    I was talking about the PLO scalps though as late starting for a 1 day 10k stack game

Sunday 30th November: €250+50+20 Omaha Scalps Freezeout 8pm

Thats because it wasnt on last night Joe.

Also, you were in the fitz - u must not have tried too hard :pac:

I left after an hour, so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

would anyone know roughly how many players the main event is going to get?? it's down as a 3 day event so i'm guessing pretty decent?

i won a ticket the other night and there's a strong chance i won't be able to play (anyone know what the craic is with trying to sell it?)

thanks for the help

would anyone know roughly how many players the main event is going to get?? it's down as a 3 day event so i'm guessing pretty decent?

i won a ticket the other night and there's a strong chance i won't be able to play (anyone know what the craic is with trying to sell it?)

thanks for the help

let me know if u want to sell it - i reckon we could work something out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

Can anyone tell me the name of hotel beside the fitz? I was told it was about 2 or 3 doors down and was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Plenty of hotels within 5 mins walk such as the Davenport, but none a few doors down from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

5starpool wrote: »
    Plenty of hotels within 5 mins walk such as the Davenport, but none a few doors down from it.

is there not a fancy hotel on the corner?

Which corner? If there is it is a fairly low key one in one of those georgian houses that I have never noticed. Not saying it is impossible, but I have never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

yea there is one near the corner - around 10 doors up from the fitz...
    found their website: http://www.longfields.ie/

Fitzwilliam

Grand Final: Wednesday 26th – 9pm, $100 + $10, 2,500 stack, 15 minute levels, Rebuys available $60 for 2500 chips. Addon available at break $60 for 3,500 chips. Minimum 6 players

Feeders: Thursday 20th – Tuesday 25th, 9pm, $14 + $1 Rebuy feeders, 1,500 stack, 12 minute levels, 3,000 add on available after 4 levels. Minimum 5 players

Just a reminder that the feeders continue tonight and tomorrow night on PPP at 9pm. Grand final on wednesday already has 10 players registered so id guess we are well on our way to having 2 tickets in Wednesday nights final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Thought I would let you all know that I will be the Tournament Director for the Main Event. I will be around for some of the other events also. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Marq wrote: »
    Thought I would let you all know that I will be the Tournament Director for the Main Event. I will be around for some of the other events also. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Ugh. guess the macau it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

smoothcall wrote: »

ugh beardy is back. i'll buzz you later and we'll sort the train and the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

smoothcall wrote: »

Wouldn't have taken a lot more then that to prise me a way from the Macau.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

mettez des niveaux plus haut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

thechamp87 wrote: »
    ugh beardy is back. i'll buzz you later and we'll sort the train and the hotel.

Ugh I ll fly 3 of us down to Cork for free

Jayminator wrote: »
    Ugh I ll fly 4 of us down to Cork for free

shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

An example of how this works in practice: Registration closes at 5:45 pm. There are 123 registered players. At 6pm these 123 players will start on 15 tables: 12 tables of 8 and 3 tables of 9. Registration continues and another 45 players register. The first 27 of these are put into the free seats at the tables, with no chip penalty. The next 18 will be alternates. As players bust out, these players will take their seats. If an alternate is put into a table 1 hour and 45 minutes after the tournament begins, he will be given the starting stack less five rounds of blinds (3x75 and 2x150, 525 chips). These chips are put into play at the rate of one small blind (50) per hand.

I must bring this into practice in my own tournaments too.

Looks like a great festival, are there any sats on Thursday for the main event, I would even make my way in for a well structured €200 STT with two tickets on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Great to see you back Marq. I qualified on Irish Eyes last week so I'll see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Might play the EOM if I feel up to speed with study. What sort of numbers expected?

carfax wrote: »
    I must bring this into practice in my own tournaments too.

Looks like a great festival, are there any sats on Thursday for the main event, I would even make my way in for a well structured €200 STT with two tickets on offer?

Last super sat is on Wednesday this week, but if there are enough to have an STT at any time then as long as there is a dealer and a table I'm sure they will accommodate when the demand is there.

shotgun?

you really gotta check out the rules for shotgun - you gotta be able to see the vehicle...

5starpool wrote: »
    Last super sat is on Wednesday this week, but if there are enough to have an STT at any time then as long as there is a dealer and a table I'm sure they will accommodate when the demand is there.

O yea forgot about that... might give it a spin -
    was planning on playin the EOM obv and giving the omaha 250 game on sunday a spin... the likes of dermot reckons it could be a good tourney - and theres a 50 quid scaple

The way things are looking now for me I might play Weds and maybe Friday only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

YULETIRED wrote: »
    mettez des niveaux plus haut
    That was clever, but would 'Déplacer des niveaux' not be better?

Advertisement