Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Pokerfest 2008 ***Note change of date and events***

Options
  • 03-08-2008 5:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭

Wednesday 26th November: Super Satellite to Main Event. €50+5 unlimited rebuys and add-on @ €50. 8:30pm Single Table Satellites running all night.

Thursday 27th November: Fitz End of Month Tournament. €250+20 Freezeout 8:30pm

Friday 28th November: Scalps €45+10+5, Unlimited Rebuys & Add-on @ €50 8:30pm

Saturday 29th November: Main Event €1000+75 Freezeout. 5pm

Sunday 30th November: €250+50+20 Omaha Scalps Freezeout 8pm
    Day Two Main Event 4pm

Monday 1st December: €75+5 Hold’em, 1 Rebuy/Add-on.
    Day Three Main Event 6pm (if needed)

After much though and discussion, we have decided to change the dates and the format of this year’s festival. There are three reasons for the change of date. One is that we don’t want to clash with the IPO, which clashed directly with our original main event. Secondly, there are two other festivals in October with large buy-in main events, including the Irish Winter Festival which we wish to support with a satellite ourselves. Finally, the change of date gives us an extra six weeks to run satellites for the Main Event, which we hope will be fully subscribed.

As you can see there are some major changes to the format of the festival. We have cut the number of events, in the hope that more people will play the Main Event, and the supporting events are either much cheaper or vastly different to the Main Event. In my opinion running a €540 tournament within a few days of a €1075 event dilutes the player pool for both. The Fitz 500 is extremely popular though, and we will look at running another one early in the New Year. As you can see, two of the supporting events (Monday and Friday) are based on our regular weekly tournaments, with extra or unlimited rebuys. Both of these tournaments are very popular, regularly getting over 70 players. It is my hope that the structure of these events will mean that their cost is not prohibitive to the regular punters while attracting extra numbers and much bigger prize-pools. The End of Month tournament attracted 106 players in July with a first prize of €10,000. I didn’t see any reason to change it!

There are also some changes in approach to how we run the tournaments. We have been legitimately criticised in the past for having a ramshackle approach to our big events.

Previously due to a lack of staff there could be 3 or 4 different people running the tournament throughout the weekend, making it difficult for players to know who was in charge. For the Main Event this year there will be one dedicated Tournament Director, who will always be on the floor to make announcements and rulings.
    There will also be one person responsible for registration, and tournament registration will be entirely separate from the main poker desk. Payouts will also be handled separately.

New Alternates System: The capacity of the Fitzwilliam’s Card room is currently 150 players. Another criticism levelled at us is that tournaments do not start on time, or that when they do, players arriving late are put onto the table without any chip penalty. Obviously this is not best practice in a freezeout tournament.

With a view to making the whole system run smoother and with greater transparency, REGISTRATION WILL NOW CLOSE 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS. Player names and seat numbers will be projected onto the big screen, and then play will then begin on eight-handed or nine-handed tables. Late registrants will join the tournament after it has begun, filling up the empty seats at the table, with a chip penalty of one round of blinds per completed 20 minutes. Late registration will be open for one hour after the tournament begins. If the tournament is fully subscribed at 150 players, there will be an alternates list. Again these players will be put into free seats as players bust out with a chip penalty of one round of blinds per completed 20 minutes.

An example of how this works in practice: Registration closes at 5:45 pm. There are 123 registered players. At 6pm these 123 players will start on 15 tables: 12 tables of 8 and 3 tables of 9. Registration continues and another 45 players register. The first 27 of these are put into the free seats at the tables, with no chip penalty. The next 18 will be alternates. As players bust out, these players will take their seats. If an alternate is put into a table 1 hour and 45 minutes after the tournament begins, he will be given the starting stack less five rounds of blinds (3x75 and 2x150, 525 chips). These chips are put into play at the rate of one small blind (50) per hand.

Alternates will be able to get into the tournament up to two hours afters it has begun (ie until the first dinner break). Late registration will still close one hour after the tournament has begun. Any alternate who does not get into their seat before the first break will receive their full buy-in back.

I do not expect there to be many alternates, if any at all. However it is much better to have a system in place should the need for them arise, and I think everyone playing the tournament will hope that it does!

For the first time, there will be a printed set of rules that players can consult at any time.

We will be running satellites for the Main Event from the first week in September. These will be €50+5 tournaments with one rebuy or add-on available in the first hour. As of yet we have not decided what day these will be on but I will post a new thread to let everyone know as soon as we do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.)
    Fitzwiliam Card Club

Date and Location of event
    Wednesday 26th November to Monday 1st of December 2008

Registration and Start time of event.
    Registration from Now until 15 minutes before each event. Starting times above.

Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc)
    Club membership required.

How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)
    Tickets available in advance from the poker desk

Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.)
    See below for all formats, structures and entry fee details

Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc.
    See below

Cost of registration
    See below

% of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    100%

13. Starting Chips
    see below

15. Blind levels
    See below.

Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill
    There will be dealers. Their level of skill will be high.

Event 1: Super Satellite.
    Entry: €50, registration €5
    Unlimited Rebuys @ €50
    Add-on @ €50
    Initial Chips: 2000
    Rebuy Chips: 2000
    Add-on Chips: 4000
    Clock: 20 minutes for the first 3 levels, 25 minutes thereafter.
    One Main event ticket for every €1075 in the prizepool. Excess prizemoney paid out in Credit.

Event 2: Fitz End of Month Freezeout
    Entry: €250, registration: €20
    Initial Chips 7500
    Clock: 30 minutes.

Event 3: Scalps
    Entry: €55, registration €5 (€45 to prizepool, €10 scalp)
    Unlimited Rebuys @ €50
    Initial Chips: 3000
    Rebuy Chips: 4000
    Add-on Chips: 5000
    Clock: 25 minutes

Event 4: Main Event
    Entry: €1000, registration €75
    Initial Chips: 15,000
    Clock: 1 hour

Event 5: Omaha Scalps
    Entry: €300, registration €20 (€250 to prizepool, €50 scalp)
    Initial Chips: 10,000
    Clock: 30 minutes

Event 6: Get-Out-Of-It-For-The-Festival
    Entry: €75, registration €5
    One rebuy or add-on @ €75
    Initial chips: 6000
    Rebuy chips: 6000
    Add-on chips: 6000
    Clock: 30 minutes

Structure Sheet for Main Event:

25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    Dinner Break
    150/300
    150/300/25
    200/400/25
    300/600/50
    400/800/75
    Race 25 chips
    500/1000/100
    End of Day 1

600/1200/100
    800/1600/200
    1000/2000/200
    1200/2400/300
    1500/3000/300
    2000/4000/400
    Race 100 chips
    Dinner Break
    2500/5000/500
    3000/6000/500
    4000/8000/500
    4000/8000/1000
    End of Day 2

5000/10000/1000
    6000/12000/1000
    8000/16000/1500
    10000/20000/2000
    12000/24000/2500
    Race 500 chips
    15000/30000/3000
    20000/40000/4000
    25000/50000/5000

I’ve based this structure on that of the last Fitz 500. There are some notable differences. The only complaint I had about the last one was that the structure was too slow towards the end. Previously there were 4 or 5 levels where only the ante changed, and I feel that the structure is gradual enough as things stand to skip those levels now. I have retained two repeat levels: the first time antes are introduced there will be a repeat of the 150/300 level. Also 4000/8000 level will repeat as the ante jumps to 1000. I felt it was too great an increase at this point to go from 16,500 to 24,000 per level.

There will 10 levels per day, with 10 minute breaks after every two levels. I believe we will definitely reach the final table before day three, and the players will then have the choice as to whether they want to play on or come back on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,220 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Goodm stff Marq. u

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Good work Mark, Im looking forward to playing some of these.

As with the last few big games in the Fitz, PPP will be running satellites to the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

looks very nice cant wait, nice job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

nice work. looks gr8

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good work Mark, Im looking forward to playing some of these.

As with the last few big games in the Fitz, PPP will be running satellites to the main event.

Afaik Noel, they have an agreement with Full Tilt for the festival, so might not want PPP running sats for it. Best to discuss with Denise/Marq.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

main event day 3 is my birthday................................. hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Sparky1808

Looks very impressive. The EOM game will fall on my 19th birthday - so hopefully I'll have time to plan a trip for the EOM game followed by the €1k main event (fantastic structure btw)

Will there be any online satellites for the Main Event? - somebody mentioned Full Tilt - that would be a blessing in disguise as that's where I play the majority of my online poker these days.

Regardless of that i'll be hoping to play in a few of these events.

Best of luck with it :)

I'm sure they will post online sat details when they are available. I know they have a freeroll thing with full tilt for new signups, but that prob won't be much good to most of us here.

I'll ask Denise if the sats are finalised and post if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i wont unpack my fulltilt setup just yet so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

looks very good. Great to see customer feedback coming through too, wp all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

WOW !!!

Tournaments that start on time ???? do this and you can consider me as, in

sign me up immediately please for the main event

is there anywhere to pre register?

looks like a shake up for the better, well done

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Can someone someone tell me are sats running for this on thursday nights? Also is the date for the events correct as it states on the website that its 1st week in Nov?

http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/upcomingpoker.html

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Can someone someone tell me are sats running for this on thursday nights? Also is the date for the events correct as it states on the website that its 1st week in Nov?

Thanks

that is actually last novembers festival where they had the
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055178870&highlight=World+Face-Up+Hold-Em+Championship&page=4
    world face up championship... shudder shudder.

I will check with Denise over the weekend about getting the Festival details up online asap, but the dates are the same. I don't know how many numbers they are getting for the Satellites, but I would say it will increase over the next couples of weeks, with the IPO and IWF out of the way

From talking to Denise the Thursday 95+5 DC is being replaced by a same buyin sat for the main festival event.

It is just a pity that this is the same weekend as the Macau main event. It was actually Kevin Fitzpatrick who mentioned this to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

SOUNDS LIKE BEING A WELL OILED MACHINE, SHOULD BE GREAT

LOTS OF PLANNING AND FORETHOUGH, ITS GREAT TO SEE MORE AND MORE TOURNEY ORGANISORS GETTING TO GRIPS WITH RUNNING A MORE PROFESSIONAL SETUP, NOT ONLY IS IT BETTER FOR THE PLAYERS, BUT ALSO BETTER FOR THE PEOPLE MANAGING IT, EVERYONE KNOWS WHATS EXPECTED OF THEM AND GET ON WITH IT

LOOKING FORWARD TO TAKING THIS ONE DOWN, I USUALLY DO WELL IN THAT CLUB, FOR SOME ODD REASON

DEREK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Agree with the above poster, shame this clashes with the Macau Christmas festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

5starpool wrote: »

It is just a pity that this is the same weekend as the Macau main event..
    kakak1 wrote: »
    Agree with the above poster, shame this clashes with the Macau Christmas festival

Well tbh one announced it's dates at the start of august and the other about 10 days ago. So whom is clashing with whom?:confused:

Watch this space for interesting developments with more "competition" between the two organizations in the offing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Thanks

the above is last years festival. i'll get the the new schedule put online asap.

there are sats running every thursday. it was to be running along side the regular 95+5 double chance. tomorrow is the first day the double chance will not be on and it will just be the satelite. it is going to be a 75 euro sat with one rebuy or addon at 75.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Is there any online sats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

CHD wrote: »
    Is there any online sats?

there is satelites on irish eyes poker on wednesday night at 9pm.50 euro buyin with one ticket guaranteed.
    also as far as i know paddy power poker will be running sats for it closer the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭pete1234

Disappointing its same time as macau, both excellent touraments. I take it there is no way any of them will alter the dates??

Fitzwilliam

Grand Final: Wednesday 26th – 9pm, $100 + $10, 2,500 stack, 14 minute levels, Rebuys available $60 for 2500 chips. Addon available at break $60 for 3,500 chips. Minimum 6 players

Feeders: Thursday 20th – Tuesday 25th, 9pm, $14 + $1 Rebuy feeders, 1,500 stack, 12 minute levels, 3,000 add on available after 4 levels. Minimum 5 players

Fitzwilliam

Grand Final: Wednesday 26th – 9pm, $100 + $10, 2,500 stack, 14 minute levels, Rebuys available $60 for 2500 chips. Addon available at break $60 for 3,500 chips. Minimum 6 players

Feeders: Thursday 20th – Tuesday 25th, 9pm, $14 + $1 Rebuy feeders, 1,500 stack, 12 minute levels, 3,000 add on available after 4 levels. Minimum 5 players

How many $$$ per seat Noel?

5starpool wrote: »
    How many $$$ per seat Noel?

oh yeah, i knew i forgot something - we will be setting them up in the lobby on Tuesday 18th so whatever the rate is on that day will be the applicable rate.

right now that would be $1,400 per seat so this can be used as a rough guide.

b
    u
    m
    p

Festival details now up on the Fitzwilliam website
    http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dilldappe

Fitzwilliam

Hello,

i can't find it today in the tournament section.
    Is the first Feeder this evening?

Fitzwilliam

Hi Noel,
    Just a small question. Does the Grand final have to be on a Wednesday. could it be put back until the tuesday, the reason Im asking is that it clashes with the Main Satellite night in the Fitzwilliam itself

festival_nov.jpg

dilldappe wrote: »
    Hello,

i can't find it today in the tournament section.
    Is the first Feeder this evening?

Ive just checked and they are there. sort alphabetically
    smurph wrote: »
    Hi Noel,
    Just a small question. Does the Grand final have to be on a Wednesday. could it be put back until the tuesday, the reason Im asking is that it clashes with the Main Satellite night in the Fitzwilliam itself

Smurph I have already discussed this with Fitzwilliam staff. I flagged it many many months ago to Denise that they would clash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dilldappe

Ive just checked and they are there. sort alphabetically

Now i see them, too :), thanks a lot.

Advertisement