Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sept Start Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Yup, i agree. If you can get 1 & 3 then the rest are easier.
    By the way, who told you that you had to know 10 defs by the Sunday? there is no way you would be able to do that guys. get the first 4 done and you will be fine.
    Again, dont build up a picture of life in Garny. If you do peeps watching this will use it for the wrong reason......

Best of luck to those coming up on Sunday.

And what ever you do, dont pack it in lol by week 4 you will all be fine. I was told the same but found it hard to believe, but trust me, im fine now and so are all the guys. Its all a big game.

Wanalaugh

Ps I look forward to seeing you all later next week. Enjoy it guys, its a great challenge in life and its a job to be proud of. And remember when your under pressure and feel a little down, 'your not alone' we all go through those feelins, but were all there to help each other.. Chin or chins up men/ladies. Squad, Squad SHUN lol get used to it.....left wheel left wheel and out those gates lol luv it (you'll understand what I mean soon enough),

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

stop bobbing about !
    to the left in 3's.......leff turn.................by the leff quick march......leff right left right left right leff
    monkeys could do this better than you lot...........if i bring nuts in next time will ya all do better

LOL im scarred for life with those comments.

Good crack though......

Best of luck chaps.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

stop bobbing about !
    to the left in 3's.......leff turn.................by the leff quick march......leff right left right left right leff
    monkeys could do this better than you lot...........if i bring nuts in next time will ya all do better

sounds like 'the hill'

As a famous man once told us on here.....

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK........not long now lol

Where is mr PSNI, i havent heard from him in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Fiacmar

Can't sleep. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

GOOD LUCK!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Hi all, this is new recuits wife. Would like to wish my hubby and all who are starting training today the best of luck. Work hard, listen well and always keep smiling no matter what. ENJOY!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

just wanna wish all the september recruits the best of luck, hpefully theyll get on the board and let us know how they're geting on:)!

Best of luck guys......
    You probably wont hear from them until next weekend. They will be very busy little peeps all week, especially today. Sunday is usually a longggggg day. Its an emotional shell shock. Going from good old civi life, to a disciplined way of life can be strange feelin. However, trust me, we all adapt and so will they and so will the rest of you guys due to join us....

Goodluck all!!!!!

Wanalaugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Best of luck guys......
    You probably wont hear from them until next weekend. They will be very busy little peeps all week, especially today. Sunday is usually a longggggg day. Its an emotional shell shock. Going from good old civi life, to a disciplined way of life can be strange feelin. However, trust me, we all adapt and so will they and so will the rest of you guys due to join us....

Goodluck all!!!!!

Wanalaugh
    What are you doing on here when you're supposed to learning the next lot of defs ???:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

just thought I'd echo my distinguished colleagues well wishes for those starting both today and in Oct. Head down and mouth shut is the best advice to get you through those first few weeks !!

But remember, try to enjoy it :)

PAR.

I am so smart that I am up to date with all my defs. What a guy lol
    Only kiddin, my car is up the left again, so im on the net searching for an answer. Canny afford to pay some guy to sit scratching his head while the bill gets bigger and bigger. So I think i have the issue pin pointed.....well i hope. If not you'll find me stuck on the hard shoulder tomorrow morning, stop and give me a lift lol.

wanalaugh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'm right here buddy. You'll find out next year just how busy July and August really are in this job. There's nothing the DI's like more than fresh blood. Right about now, they're in PE gear bulling boots, with a lot of them wondering: "What the hell have I got myself into?"
    As a famous man once told us on here.....

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK........not long now lol

Where is mr PSNI, i havent heard from him in a while.

Good to hear from you psni. It was getting lonely in here not havin the boss about lol
    Im sure it is busy at this time of year. But think about the overtime :D

You hit the nail on the head, 9 - 9.30 they should have been in the assemly hall bullin boots. And yup, I think we all said "what the hell am i doing in here" lol
    Sometimes I still say it, just not as often. The course is intense, but its interesting and good crack. And the guys and gals are a good bunch of peeps.

wanalaugh

Phew, What a long week....Absolutly loved every second of it, even Drill at 7.30am this morning:eek: Double marching is such an art:D

Will write more later when I get myself sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Phew, What a long week....Absolutly loved every second of it, even Drill at 7.30am this morning:eek: Double marching is such an art:D

Glad you're loving it, even though you must be knackered!:D
    It was a long hard haul to get there!!!

New recruit....get those knees up lol, and I thought our squad where terrible at drill lol

Its good to see that one of the boardies has came on, i bet the rest of them went to bed lol

Luved every minute - - - your nuts man lol
    Were in week 7 now, and its all fell into place. So things are better now.

Any crack pal, how you findin it.

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Well we're waiting!!! Dying to know what happened in your first week? Spill the beans!!! Please:cool:

New recruit....get those knees up lol, and I thought our squad where terrible at drill lol

We may be terrible at Drill but at least we know how to say good morning to high ranking officers;):P

1st week really wasn't bad at all, I really did enjoy it. Except yesterdays Health and Safety Lecture, 4 hours of trying to stay awake, some of the squad didn't manage it and nodded off!

Ooops got to go out here...Will continue this later...Honestly your time is not your own in the PSNI.

• Advertisement

Back now...

Ok Last Sunday was a long day, lots of forms to fill in, loads of kit to check off, tour of the complex, meet the staff etc. Oh and yes a marathon Boot Bulling session in the assembly hall...We got to our rooms at about 10pm from a 9am start...Long Day, not hard, but long.

The next 3 days where the Diversity training at another location, great way to get to know everyone and a few beers and a sing-song (first in the history of Diversity training we believe) in the evenings...Again long days in lectures and group discussions..9am-9pm Mon and Tues 9am-4.30pm Wed...Then 5.45pm Wed Drill had us back bulling boots in the canteen for another couple of hours.

Thursday we had our Hep Jabs first thing after watching the morning Parade (we take part in next weeks:eek:, and then PE after break. They start off with a Beep Test, so if you are coming in with the October intake, I suggest you get out running because they expect at least level 7..I was level 8 and was training hard before coming in. Some of our squad where only running at level 3-4...Most people who fail the course do so on fitness, they will not hesitate in showing you the door and tell you on a regular basis! After that we had an introduction to PSP, a subject that I am really going to enjoy.

Friday our Drill Staff had us out at 7.30am to show us the delights of marching...Needless to say we are back out on Monday morning again!

The rest of the day was spent in Lectures in the Lecture Theatre, but we did get to watch a wee bit of the Blues passing out parade during our afternoon break...Makes you want this even more when you watch that!

Anyhow, thats how the first week panned out...I'm away to get bulling my boots, Monday Morning aint that far away!!

Oh that was such a low blow Mr New Recruit....it has been noted :rolleyes:
    Im sure we will forget about it though, when you guys come knocking on on doors for help and assistance...and help and assistance that you will need to survive lol
    Keeper lit.
    I luv it!!!!!!!!!!!
    wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 duckster

After a weekend of 'relaxing' my return to GV is not long away.
    Just completed my pre reads and about to commence the 'kiwi circles' - will my index finger ever be the same again? Shirts have been nicely starched and pressed, definitions still not sticking in the grey matter but I will persevere. looking forward to meeting SB at 8am monday morning for what will be an intimate moment as I double around the square. OK got to go as these boots will not shine themselves. Might be on again later depends whether my index finger is capable of typing?!!!?!!?!!!:eek:

duckster wrote: »
    After a weekend of 'relaxing' my return to GV is not long away.
    Just completed my pre reads and about to commence the 'kiwi circles' - will my index finger ever be the same again? Shirts have been nicely starched and pressed, definitions still not sticking in the grey matter but I will persevere. looking forward to meeting SB at 8am monday morning for what will be an intimate moment as I double around the square. OK got to go as these boots will not shine themselves. Might be on again later depends whether my index finger is capable of typing?!!!?!!?!!!:eek:

Just think of us lot wishing we were in your place!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

heres a question. Do they show you how they want things ironed, presses and polished etc. I can just about iron a t -shirt and even then it dont look much better. Dont want to be out on the first day with the uniform looking like a dogs dinner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

just about a month until we get to experience all this ourselves goodcop. just the thought of it scares the crap out of me but also has me more excited than ive ever been about anything. CANT WAIT!!! :D

heres a question. Do they show you how they want things ironed, presses and polished etc. I can just about iron a t -shirt and even then it dont look much better. Dont want to be out on the first day with the uniform looking like a dogs dinner :D

Best get practicing then!!!!!:D
    Less time lifting the barbell and more time lifting the iron!!!!!:eek:

Mrsgenehunt you cant expect me to be an expert with the iron, Im a man and men dont iron things, that a rule that everyone knows..

Mrsgenehunt you cant expect me to be an expert with the iron, Im a man and men dont iron things, that a rule that everyone knows..

LOL

Methinks you're in for a bit of a shock at Hotel GV :p

• Advertisement

I will get kicked out for having too many creases I can see it now :D

Advertisement