Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - August 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Quite dull here but mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

After yesterday's miserable drizzle all day we had thunder and lightning last night at around midnight. It lasted for about half an hour and was in the distance.

This morning woke early to fog and more drizzle, drove to Ennis which is about 22 miles away and it was mild with the sun trying to break through. Returned home to similar weather I woke up to. The sun has come out once or twice but the fog and mist rolling in from the sea soon gets paid to any sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Warm in the bit of sunshine, above 22C now, heading for 23C, highest temp of month, sun disappearing again but may see 24C if there can be a prolonged sunny spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very warm now

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The sun is playing hide & go seek...still warm under this blanket of cloud though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow, turning into a lovely afternoon, whats this bright thing doing in the sky..and why is some of the sky coloured blue today?
    Current temp 21.1°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I see it's 24 in Cork at 16:00 - but it's also got a dew point of 18:eek: - very sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Very humid all day here. Partly sunny skies. 22C

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nice mild evening.

Was sunny before the sun disappeared behind some mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

Really warm today in Cork.

• Advertisement

Overcast this morning, cloud looks thin though so have high hopes of a repeat performance of yesterday with a nice sunny afternoon and evening.
    Currently 13.7°C from an overnight low of 11.9°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Yesterday evening was horrible. Heavy mist and fog.
    Cloudy again this morning. Don't think we'll be seeing any sun here today either.
    15.2C

Appallingly sultry - clammy dampish.

Makes me long for a crsip January morning - well maybe not. ;)

Mike.

Was some drizzle here at one point , now some patches of blue showing in the sky, should be nice this afternoon hopefully. Currently 16.3°C

Down near Stradbally (Electric Picnic land) at the moment (not actually at Electric Picnic) and there are no breaks in the cloud, yet. There was blue sky earlier in Dublin but it was more cloudy and drizzly at times heading this direction. Was about 16 all the way and I doubt it's changed much in the last couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overcast here. Odd break in the cloud to give a few minutes of sun now and again in the last hour. Currently 20c. High of 20.4c in a sunny spell around an hour ago. If that cloud shifted we'd have highs of 25 or 26c today. :mad:

Still overcast and calm (hence the overcast I think)

Mike

Repeat performace of yesterday here. Sun came out a couple of hours later but its a beautiful evening again with broken cloud. Current temp 20.2°C

Was overcast dull and misty up until half an hour ago and now the sun has appeared!

Very boaring weather atm!

Sun gone! Back to the dull overcast misty $hitty weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

More sea fog and drizzle today but not as bad as yesterday. Bit brighter this evening but still no sun.

Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Down near Stradbally (Electric Picnic land) at the moment (not actually at Electric Picnic) and there are no breaks in the cloud, yet. There was blue sky earlier in Dublin but it was more cloudy and drizzly at times heading this direction. Was about 16 all the way and I doubt it's changed much in the last couple of hours.

Nice and sunny coming home past PortLaoise about 3:30pm. Car thermo recording 22. However to the East and West looked dull and grey. In Dublin cloud has only broken in the last hour or so. Max recorded today only 19.1 after a min last night of 14.0 and a max of 22.1 yesterday.

I thought there were supposed to be better breaks in the cloud today

Same as yesterday - I mean exactly the same

Mike

Me too. Just some very light fine drizzle thrown in for good measure.

Duller than yesterday with light drizzle most of the morning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mostly overcast with the odd glimpse of sun now and again.

16.8C
    Wind SE
    1013.6mb and falling

Same here - sun occasionally pops out but not for long - 18.5 now. Just noticed there's a much clearer patch moving into the south of England and the south of Wales, presumably because of drier air from France - don't suppose there's much chance of that reaching here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nope, that is the fuel for the severe rain/thunder due for there tomorrow. The front across the west of Ireland will cross this evening and tonight, clashing with the warm dry air over possibly the east of Ireland, but more likely east Wales and Central England delivering embedded thunderstorms with flash flooding likely.

I'd say the south east may see a couple of hours sunshine if that clearer air keeps moving at the pace it is. I'd guess maybe 16:30 here or so could be nice.

• Advertisement

I doubt if that clearer air will make it over here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement