Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - August 2008

Options
  • 01-08-2008 7:50am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start this one (in the interests of proper order!). Can't believe it's August!

______

Calm with very clear blue sky atm.

Quite chilly. Currently 12.5c. Min. overnight 10.9c.

Total rain yesterday (midnight to midnight) 14.1mm

Comments

Dull down here and spilling rain again.

Over 2 inches since wenesday.
    An academic 13.7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Just remember taptips.ie: water is precious

Don't use your garden hose to water the lawn.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D They make a mockery of water preservation with that ad right now. Not raining but it could any time.

Mike.

Still lashing rain here...
    5.3mm since my last post-peaking at over 18mm/hr at 916am

1st of august... 12.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Blue sky and fluffy clouds here in central dublin. Useful for anyone keeping an eye on the eclipse at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Showers missing here until now, just had a brief sharp one with a rain rate of 28mm/hr, only 0.5mm so far today with mostly overcast conditions, about 7 octas coverage.

Charts dont really look promising for the forseeable future, not that i mind tbh.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Cleared up. Sunny, a bit of wind allright

Mike.

Supercell wrote: »
    Showers missing here until now, just had a brief sharp one with a rain rate of 28mm/hr, only 0.5mm so far today with mostly overcast conditions, about 7 octas coverage.

Charts dont really look promising for the forseeable future, not that i mind tbh.
    Rain has been non stop here 20 miles or so to your south.
    9.7mm now since it started at 8am and it's still coming down at a rate of 4.3mm/hr.

You can see the slow Godforsaken thing on the radar.
    On the satelite image,you can probably if you use a microscope see me with a paddle waving angrily at the sky...thats if you could see through the clouds.
    The sky is leaden here all morning-no sign of blue and the hills are under unviewable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

It's clouding over here now too in dublin city center. Maybe that rain is figuring we've had it too good for the morning and is fixing to rectify things...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain has been non stop here 20 miles or so to your south.
    9.7mm now since it started at 8am and it's still coming down at a rate of 4.3mm/hr.

You can see the slow Godforsaken thing on the radar.
    On the satelite image,you can probably if you use a microscope see me with a paddle waving angrily at the sky...thats if you could see through the clouds.
    The sky is leaden here all morning-no sign of blue and the hills are under unviewable.

Lol, seems to have reached here now, VP saying that its raining cats and dogs !. Only 2.8mm so far though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Blazing sun, warm and breezy the ground is drying out quickly on the flat.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Weather BOFH

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Lashing!

Certainly is! 10.9mm in the past hour here.

Still sunny!

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

6.3mm from that. Looks like the sun might try to come out. 16.1c

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sun is shining here. Good few clouds around but not enough to spoil the warm sun. 17c

Never a drop of rain or even much cloud all day, was fully expecting a rash of afternoon showers. Hopefully more tomorrow so I can finish of the hedges.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's bucketing down right now.

wow this is torrential rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sun showers at the moment, sun is setting also which reflects off the rain drops looks good anyway. Worth a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Some intresting skies alright, been out messing with the camera all evening :)

12mm of rain here today, with 11mm in the hour to 2pm alone. Now 14.6C after a high of 17.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

High of 21.0c at half four this evening. 10.9mm of rain today if it stays dry for another 35 minutes! :D

I am rather surprised at the high temperature today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was just thinking the same heh, unusual. There was some sunny spells though in between the showers.

Jebus Dub1 that sig must break a few rules!

Fine morning here, light breeze keeping it pleasent under a warm sun.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Unmercifully heavy thunder shower in Dundalk about 20 min ago...passed off to the east now but more gathering to the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Two heavy showers here in the last hour.
    Max 21.7C
    17.9C atm

Filled in after a fine morning.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Some nice sunny spells here but being ruined by winds gusting to 35mph.:mad:

Temp 18.3

Cleared up and nice and summery :eek:

Mike.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nice calm summers evening. Not much cloud about. Very mild and humid.

• Advertisement

Dry, fairly overcast after a bright start.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement