Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous non-drinkers?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

hupyago wrote: »
    to be one of us as well

I like that quote!! :):):):):):):):cool::):D

Will Smith doesnt drink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Elvis Presley didn't drink. He also hated people drinking around him, and couldn't abide how it made people act.

He was fond of the aul' cigars though, and was known to take the odd pill here and there.. all legal of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

saddam hussain and hitler did not drink both were taureeans who normally drink out of a boot

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

hupyago wrote: »
    dylan moran being one despite apperances
    also the irish guy from prison break said on tubridy that he wasn't drinking n e more
    that bill cullen (I'm terrific) gazillionare seems to be one of us as well
    I remember saying something like you can do what hes done (have money comin out your ears) by not doin the drinkin and the smokin and the drugs

are you serious or takin z piss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Dylan Moran has guzzled more wine than some small French towns. Also the reason Des Bishop doesn't drink is because he was among other things an alcoholic teenager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brandmantra

informative thread. thanks for sharing your ideas. I've not seen this kind of thread at any forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

any non drinking stuff over XMAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

CDfm wrote: »
    any non drinking stuff over XMAS

Christmas ain't the time for non-drinking! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

good thread. as mentioned lots of good comedians dinna drink..Peter Kaye, Des Bishop and not mentioned yet is PJ Gallagher - him of Naked Camera fame.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Johnny Delaney, former drummer with The Saw Doctors.

When the band used to tour he'd drink tea with the driver instead of going drinking with the rest of them and get up at the crack of dawn the next morning for a run. These days he's running about 100 marathons in 4 years to raise money for charity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's a Jim Fixx waiting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

If your into rock music there's quite a few musicians who don't but some of those probably just gave up after overdoing it before..
    There was also a whole early punk movement that revolved around not drinking or doing drugs..

The Dalai Lama

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

Lead singer...Serious man altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Michael Collins quit drinking (after he signed the treaty and returned to Ireland, I think!). But there is documentation that he did quit at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Tableman wrote: »
    Michael Collins quit drinking (after he signed the treaty and returned to Ireland, I think!). But there is documentation that he did quit at some stage!

The last day of his life he had downed a few, and why not! :P There had been a few stops along the journey for 'refreshments', some 'Clonakilty Wrestler'. May have contributed to his death in some way, ie not having clear judgement due to alchohol consumed (combined of course with a kidney infection and heavy cold).

So I think we can remove Collins from the list.

Just as an interesting sidenote, I heard once that in 1916, when stationed in the GPO he took a number of barrells of alchohol and poured them down the drain out of fear that the men would be drunk and thus not be able to perform their duties.

How ironic eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Trained Monkey

DJ Carey

Mick O'Dwyer

Probably some more famous Irish sports people but cant think of them at the minute

Fr Matthew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Judge Roberto Mendoza from The West Wing didn't drink :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

George Galloway and now Alistair Campbell after being heavy into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Aidan O'Brien, probably one of our most successful horse trainers doesn't drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 txomin

Football managers Tony Mowbray and Owen Coyle are teetotallers.

Coyle was asked after Burnley's play-off win last month, would he be cracking open the bubbly, to which he replied, "No, i'll be attacking a crate of Irn-Bru instead" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Plenty of sports people....Micheal O'Muircheartaigh, Mickey Harte & Kenny Cunningham. Sean Og O'Hailpin as well I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

Roy Keane does not drink anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Ian McKaye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

i didnt no all those ppl didnt drink esp peter kay lol
    gud stuff we need a bit more celebs i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 finnerz1

christy moore doesnt anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

As far as I know Thierry Henry does not drink. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Hitler drank for the first time as a younglad, woke up the next morning in a ditch and some youngwan who passed by had to help him home. He said that he never wanted to go through that again! Sober 4 life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Michael Schumacher. There was a story a few years ago that he got sick all over the place at a dinner reception held by Ferrari for him after taking over the world yet again. Apparently someone was pouring him alcoholic instead of non-alco champagne.

Advertisement