Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MATCH THREAD** TUES JULY 29th @ 20:30 - CLMBS : Inter yerauldone V Boardeaux

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've been in Coppers once and I'd never go back. Cannot see what the attraction is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I've been in Coppers once and I'd never go back. Cannot see what the attraction is.

Simon has said the same thing before, yet we saw him with our own eyes on Friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I will not be going to Coppers.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Simon's there twice a week, don't listen to that cobblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I hide under the stairs and look at the womanziz i does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

If I thought there were any women in there I'd probably join you Simon, but on the one time I ever frequented that sweat box all I saw was men and what generally seemed to resemble your average wilderbeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Des wrote: »
    I will not be going to Coppers.

Again.

theres pics around somewhere of you in coppers, with John Delaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Worked out well that the Benedictine Monks in the next game were short players. I played 20 minutes up front then came off for Eddie as I was well pushing my luck at that stage. Still, I enjoyed that run out cos we were 3 up after those 20 and I'd set one up and nicked another by that stage so no better time to cut my losses....

Eddie's brother James played on the right wing for them and was involved in at least 2 of those goals and looks a very handy footballer and is the exact type of player we need to add. Wonder what score it finished and how many the brothers managed to bag between them.

Final score was 6-0, I think? I grabbed the first goal of the 2nd half...James set up another 2 goals aswell.
    I thought yourself and James were the best 2 players on the pitch, always doing the correct thing on and off the ball. Christ Jules hurry up and get back to full fitness!:p

Regarding our own match....everyone was game as usual. It was tough to come out losers again.

I'm reluctant to post a few thoughts I have on matters on the pitch but i think it's constructive so I will...This is not criticism just an observation over the last couple of months - Personally I don't think one up front works at all for us no matter who is available, whether it be myself, Art or anyone else. We are just too toothless going forward. I'm usually one who says never mind tactics or formations it's about performance, but I definitely think we're better with two up front....we could still flood the midfield and go three at the back maybe? Currently the opposition find it too easy to defend against us. Also, just thinking about any headers I win for knockdowns when I play up front(mostly from our goal kicks), nothing ever materialises from them...again maybe because we only play one up but we got to start gambling and making forceful runs in to the box from right across the midfield, especially when we're playing 3 in the middle and the cover is there. Lets be braver and get other teams on their back foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'd agree with that Eddie except if we're brutally honest, with Ed and Dan missing and myself playing out of position, we have no pace at the back. Not that any of us is particularly pacy but anyway. The reason for the 4-5-1 is to protect our defence more than anything. Art has done the best he can playing up front alone and we're missing two of our wingers, Dave and Larry who always provided a big threat last season.

Advertisement