Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MATCH THREAD** TUES JULY 29th @ 20:30 - CLMBS : Inter yerauldone V Boardeaux

Options
  • 28-07-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

so its the second last league game of the season. we have been doing ok of late, with last week being our best performance of the season and the week before being very good also. with a little bit of luck, we could have gained a draw and a win in those 2 games. so, on to this game, another tough one, but we should be aiming to win it. im missing this one unfortunately, im in sweden with work for 2 weeks.

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - No (Away)
    Dan - No (injured)
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay -
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Jules – No (injured)
    Art -
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) -
    Owen -

Others -

Ben.
    Al.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh I'll be there. These can still win the league so will be a tough game I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh I'll be there. These can still win the league so will be a tough game I'd say.

well, we have a habit of doing well against the teams at the top, time to spoil another party i think:D

Yeh, definitely. I missed the last game against these cause of holidays. We lost didn't we?

4-2. eddie hit the bar at 3-2 and they scored next attack. i remember coming off the pitch thinking there the best team in it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

me2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I wont be there. Have to work late again

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I'm out for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mrgavo

i'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be down to watch and will bring my gear just in case we're drastically short. I plan on kicking a ball round and doing a bit of light running while yous are playing just to see where the leg is at, reckon I could go in goal if it comes to it but reckless as I am I'll probably leave it at that for the moment.

Yeh think it's best to wait til you're fully fit Jules!! We'll need you next season for the title push ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No (Away)
    Dan - No (injured)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Shay - No
    Colm -
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – No (injured)
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - Yes
    Iain (j_o_c) - No
    Owen -

Others -

Ben.
    Al. - Yes

There are a few other usernames that I don't know, feel free to update more.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh think it's best to wait til you're fully fit Jules!! We'll need you next season for the title push ;)

Thing is I go in for the other leg on 26th August and realistically it looks at this stage like it takes at least 7 weeks to even get back running after it, so not sure how much of next season I'll be fit for unfortunately. Dying for a game though but don't want to set it back further either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Carl - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No (Away)
    Dan - No (injured)
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yes
    Cathal - Yes
    Shay - No
    Colm -
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – No (injured)
    Art - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - Yes
    Iain (j_o_c) - No
    Owen -

Others -

Ben.
    Al. - Yes

Lost 2-1.

Art Scored.

Decent performance. SS Rovers won the league tonight as well.

Yeh, that was a close enough game and a draw looked the fair result to me...pity Gav's shot at the end smacked Al in the face cos it was heading straight for the top corner, but we were literally one final pass away from scoring a few times and though they had a few chances too on balance we could have shaded the second half. Pity not to get the points but a decent performance nonetheless. I enjoyed my 2 minute cameo at the end too. It will be a while before I can play a full game but looking forward to being able to play a part again.

Worked out well that the Benedictine Monks in the next game were short players. I played 20 minutes up front then came off for Eddie as I was well pushing my luck at that stage. Still, I enjoyed that run out cos we were 3 up after those 20 and I'd set one up and nicked another by that stage so no better time to cut my losses....

Eddie's brother James played on the right wing for them and was involved in at least 2 of those goals and looks a very handy footballer and is the exact type of player we need to add. Wonder what score it finished and how many the brothers managed to bag between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

It was good to see you back on the pitch Jules. I was gutted that I couldn't stick around for the second game but I had to collect herself from the airport.

• Advertisement

sounds like a good performance....

what was the team?

Karl
    Simon Cathal Geoff Lepo
    Martin
    Al Sav Eddie Gav
    Art

well done lads, good battlin performance.

Well ive just got a call that im to start in templemore next tuesday so I'm out for the foreseeable future unfortunately. All the best with the last game, and the start of next season :)

Yeh, good luck with your training Shay.

We all know where to go in case we ever get in trouble.

I'll keep your number on file :)

Cheers lads, I'll hopefully be back in 4 or 5 months and will be going all out to break my scoring duck. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Did ya break that duck in coppers the other night? Wheh wheh

Gileadi wrote: »
    Did ya break that duck in coppers the other night? Wheh wheh

yeah wtf was that about, i thought you don't go there! Got a bit of a shock to see a respectable lad like yourself there :D

pvt.joker wrote: »
    yeah wtf was that about, i thought you don't go there! Got a bit of a shock to see a respectable lad like yourself there :D

yes, you werent seeing things, i can confirm, i was talking to simon too in coppers. what next, martin? :D

i reckon every member on the team is a closet coppers fan. when we get around to having our team p*ss up, then coppers is a must.

ps. if i was to select one member of the team to be a guard, it would not be you sir.....god bless this country :) .

• Advertisement

what next, martin? :D

Des ? :eek::D I hear he's a big fan :pac:

Advertisement