Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emo/Goth girls-Oddly attractive?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

DenMan wrote: »
    Battlelore11.jpg

Are they (her ears) real? :eek:

It's cute and pixie-ish!
    108045247_acd7b67269_b.jpg

I love his/her boots <3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭DenMan

I don't find Emos or Goths attractive.

Maybe it's the fact that they try so hard to be different but they just end up all the same, or maybe it's just me.

Isn't it the trying and self belief that in the end makes it all worthwhile. It is a choice you know, and despite other peoples dereratory comments doesn't a Gothic person show real strength of character to continue to look the way they do despite what others feel about them. It got my respect that's for sure, and I know quite a good deal of Goths (mostly in the UK though) Great writers, gig goers and poets, and damn nice people as well. Open your eyes a little a take a look around you. Just my 2c!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Isn't it the trying and self belief that in the end makes it all worthwhile. It is a choice you know, and despite other peoples dereratory comments doesn't a Gothic person show real strength of character to continue to look the way they do despite what others feel about them. It got my respect that's for sure, and I know quite a good deal of Goths (mostly in the UK though) Great writers, gig goers and poets, and damn nice people as well. Open your eyes a little a take a look around you. Just my 2c!

Well put mate.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Are they (her ears) real? :eek:

It's cute and pixie-ish!

I love his/her boots <3

Well methinks she's getting a lil bit Tolkieny and wearing elf ears. Available at all good newsagents. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

All I'm saying is that it's funny, and if you will, ironic, that they put so much effort into trying to be unique and look different, but in the end they all look the same.

• Advertisement

Lots of people say that, but to be honest it's a total misrepresentation of the position.

They're dressing like that to differentiate themselves from some of the other social groups. Jocks are jocks, gackers are gackers, goths are goths. Of course they look a like, they're judging from the same influences, and are effected by shopping in the same places from similar brands. Not much of a shocker really.

Besides, simplistic labelling's pointless. I know 'jocks' who play guitar, love metal and are bigger nerds than anyone. Sure it's all relative as they say.

But dark clothes and pale skin is just bloody hot. :pac:

All I'm saying is that it's funny, and if you will, ironic, that they put so much effort into trying to be unique and look different, but in the end they all look the same.

That's true but it's unfair to say that only emos and goths are guilty of doing this. The same can be said for any group of D4's, Skangers, 'homie-types', Artsy folk.,etc....

That's true but it's unfair to say that only emos and goths are guilty of doing this. The same can be said for any group of D4's, Skangers, 'homie-types', Artsy folk.,etc....

Shout out to all the lads!

Ok, I'm not a big D4 head, but fúck it people get a lot of stick because of that postcode. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

With regards to the whole "Trying to look different" thing, it's bull****. Nobody tries to be truly different, or they'd go out wearing something like a diaper, flippers, a space helmet and a superman cape... Or something equally bizarre.

No, let me explain the whole goth thing. Human beings are conformist by nature, and goths/emos/punks/any subculture you can think of, all conform. The difference is that they're conforming to a different standard; something they feel more comfortable with. If anyone thinks it's simply to be different, they simply don't understand.

These goth girls are aspiring to a different standard of beauty. That simple.

Less talk, more pics...

2517243591_11e4f8c2c6_o.jpg
    2517244421_021a0983d7_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Karl, I have long stopped drooling over any of the ladies you post as I'm now suspicious of their gender.

Ok moving along with the pics. From Holland this is the lead singer of After Forever, Floor Jansen. Beat that!!!

jansendk7.jpg

floor2.jpg

71787610.TvRsElcc.FloorJansen521.jpg

The last pic kinda freaks me out tbh.. :o

Karl Hungus... you seem to have lots of pics of men?? Have you got any of manly men? Like men who want to be men?

Coz this thread has lots of wonderful lady boys but it hasn't got enough rocker boys... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think we need our own rocker boys thread. Cos there are many many many hot sexy metaller men that need drooling over! And Floor Janser is .... fairly eughhh. Not a nice person either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ditavon

bIG UP THE GOTH GIRLS........ we are a rare breed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wouldnt really agree with that. Theres many of "us" around. Just not in Ireland. Go to the continent or has Hungus has shown, Japan. Although Karl has yet to verify the sex of those shown in his pictures.

Nightwish wrote: »
    I think we need our own rocker boys thread. Cos there are many many many hot sexy metaller men that need drooling over! And Floor Janser is .... fairly eughhh. Not a nice person either.

Sorry about that. I have last years album from them, After Forever. They do sound excellent and they are signed up to my favourite label, Nuclear Blast Records. Not nice you say. She does look a bit bitchy. Did you meet her at one of their shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If you want a rocker guy thread feel free to start one, but this thread is veering pretty far off topic and I don't want it to go any further off course please folks

Karl, I have long stopped drooling over any of the ladies you post as I'm now suspicious of their gender.
    Nightwish wrote: »
    Although Karl has yet to verify the sex of those shown in his pictures.

I assure you, most of the pictures I've posted are of females.

The girl pictured here is the lovely Chiaki Kuriyama, so you can be well sure she's genuinely female. ;)

You just keep telling that to yourself Karl and I am sure it will make you very happy. :) As for Chiaki Kuriyama, that's the girl from the first Kill Bill (Gogo Yubari) See she is onboard for the Tekken movie, that should be great. As for the others buddy, the jury is still out. :)

• Advertisement

You just keep telling that to yourself Karl and I am sure it will make you very happy. :)

Well, only 3 of the 'girls' I've posted pics of have been male, all fairly famous in Japan.

Hizaki from Versailles:

Mana from Malice Mizer:

Bou from An Cafe:

Anything I've posted but those 3 are female.

These for example, are all girls, and cute as hell:

As for Chiaki Kuriyama, that's the girl from the first Kill Bill (Gogo Yubari) See she is onboard for the Tekken movie, that should be great. As for the others buddy, the jury is still out. :)

I doubt the Tekken movie will be good, few game adaptations are, but not to steer things any further off topic, that's a discussion for elsewhere. ;)

I'm only playing with you. :) I am sure they are mostly hot gorgeous girls from the orient. Incidently when you were over there did you ask to see a birth certificate first. :D

I'm only playing with you. :) I am sure they are mostly hot gorgeous girls from the orient. Incidently when you were over there did you ask to see a birth certificate first. :D

Yeah, asking to see someone's birth cert would be a great pickup line! :D

Anyway, steering this thread back on topic... Can't find any decent pics at all, but the singer from the band Onmyouza is one serious beauty:

Taking a break from Karl's asian playground. From Argentina this is the lead singer of Theatre des Vampires, Sonya Scarlett.

170733056_b101f06f2c.jpg?v=0

xg7ztt67.jpg

677lf8i.jpg

Taking a break from Karl's asian playground. From Argentina this is the lead singer of Theatre des Vampires, Sonya Scarlett.
    xg7ztt67.jpg

Are they cuts/scratches on her arm?

Are they cuts/scratches on her arm?

Hmm, she could be into bloodletting?

Okay anybody familiar with these guys, Imperia. Gothic Metal band from the Netherlands, this is their lead singer Helena Michaelsen. Anybody by any chance ever see them live, they sound bloody good and she is a hottie (at least I think so)

168.jpg

helena-iren-michaelsen.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

She's got godawful hair.

She's got godawful hair.

Why's that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really don't like long blonde wavy hair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement