Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emo/Goth girls-Oddly attractive?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

A lot of the pics posted here of Emo/Goth girls aren't even goth or Emo in my opinion....they just have a hell of a lot of eye make up on....and frankly....it seems like a lot of effect to get up each morning and put on that much black eyeliner....why?! ehhh why? just why

Oh here's an interesting question...would you like to wake up next to an Emo/Goth?! :p Eyeliner and eye shadow all over the shop! You gotta look at why they're Goth too. Why would you choose to look so unhappy? I'm not saying they're all unappy...but all the dark clothes, etc....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

KateF wrote: »
    A lot of the pics posted here of Emo/Goth girls aren't even goth or Emo in my opinion....they just have a hell of a lot of eye make up on....and frankly....it seems like a lot of effect to get up each morning and put on that much black eyeliner....why?! ehhh why? just why

Oh here's an interesting question...would you like to wake up next to an Emo/Goth?! :p Eyeliner and eye shadow all over the shop! You gotta look at why they're Goth too. Why would you choose to look so unhappy? I'm not saying they're all unappy...but all the dark clothes, etc....

1) Goths take off their makeup before bed.

2) you dont actually know any goths, do you? :) I would actually say goths have a higher happy ratio than norms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I dunno if the goth look was ever supposed to be an "unhappy look". I think in the 90s, any kind of alternative rock music started to be associated with with depression, and the goth look is associated with that, despite the fact that it really shouldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

What like you're saying if you sleep with a goth you might wake up next to them naked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

When I look at an emo, I don't see one person, I see two disappointed parents.

*Jimmy Carr Joke , not mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have done plenty of times in the past. An ex of mine was heavily Goth, still is. Cracking looking lass.

Besides, nothing wrong with make up all over the place once it's for all the right reasons.

Snick snick snick.

FunkZ wrote: »
    What like you're saying if you sleep with a goth you might wake up next to them naked?

I was locked typing that :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

FunkZ wrote: »
    I was locked typing that :p
    but aint that the whole point of sleeping next to em? or am i confused here?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Putting on my eyeliner makes us feel human, thats why, why ehh why!!!

Goths are some of the happiest fun loving people. I have to admitthat when one goes to sleep without taking off the make up an Alice Cooper look is a certainty in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

why is it that few girls with a decent set of tits turn emo/goth though?
    should get one of the boards scientists to run some numbers.

Hahaha so true. Sometimes I have to really stare to see if they're male or female... they all have that androgynous hair...

*mutters to self*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

I have to admit I haven't met a whole lot Goths in Ireland since I returned. However when I lived in the UK I met them on weekly basis and on a lot of occasions on a daily basis. I have a lot of friends over there, and I mean real Gothics, ranging from Romantic, Vampire, Pagan and Mopey. We had similar tastes in music and always seemed to bump into each other. I never looked down upon them and as a result they became great friends of mine when I was there. It definitely is a approach thing people have to remember. I am no different to them and they are no different to me. I look back now with very fond recollections of writing collaborations and awesome gigs we went to. I miss that very much. I got strange looks walking through Manchester before by many people, many ignorant people I have to say, and it didn't bother me one bit.

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Hahaha so true. Sometimes I have to really stare to see if they're male or female... they all have that androgynous hair...

*mutters to self*

Like this "thing"....can't tell if it is male or female!!!!

finding-emo.png

but aint that the whole point of sleeping next to em? or am i confused here?:confused:

Well that's my point when I sleep with someone but the person there was saying it like it might happen if you're unlucky or something, I was confused.

:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Don wrote: »
    Depends...most are hot...like Tar....:P

Wooot

Also, black eyeliner is the best thing ever. Black eyeshadow and nail varnish mmmm.

She's the ultimate Goth hotty *swoon*

Come to Fibbers tonight with me and spot how many goth hotties are there:D

What the ****, emo and goth are not the same thing. At all. Neither real emo nor the trendy **** that you get instead of Mansonites these days. Apart from offering favouring darker hues("real" emos tend to prefer blues though) they're stylistic opposites. "Emo" is tacky hairclips, baggy pants, horrible clashing of colours. Goth is often a little punky, but quite stylish.
    True, Emo's are more touchy

Anyway,back to the point. I think Goth chicks are way more attractive than emo's.

Goth chicks ftw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote: »
    She's the ultimate Goth hotty *swoon*

Why must people want me so much, disturbing internet people. :mad::mad::mad:

Its threads like this one that makes me miss Rozie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

SDooM wrote: »
    Also they have interesting things to talk about, besides, "loike, where I saw these awesome new A n F tops, like, only for 2,000 europs, like"

Well there was anti goth stereotyping going on, I thought I'd strike one back for them :D

So you started the goth v emo thing.

It's why he finds them attractive, and it's because they have stuff that makes your brain feel good. It's the woman inside that your attracted too and each one reminds you of the last, and maybe some male instinct there too that emo/goth's create in men.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nightwish wrote: »
    Its threads like this one that makes me miss Rozie

You do realise Rozie is still among us?

Are hot goths known as GHOTTIES?

Does a naked goth have a reverse tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Galvasean wrote: »
    You do realise Rozie is still among us?

Are hot goths known as GHOTTIES?

Does a naked goth have a reverse tan?
    yes

not yet

unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nerin wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmm

Wooot

Also, black guyliner is the best thing ever. Black eyeshadow and nail varnish mmmm.

Fixed that for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, doenst make it any less hot, man!

Guyliner is the sexiest thing imaginable when on the right guy and applied properly.

No, it is for crap men! men that are not Men!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

sg1-tealc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement