Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

that was really creepers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I liked it! It was nice to see them try something a bit different! I liked how it was like one really long scene! I thought yer man Turlough was a bit wooden up to tonight, but he was good here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Zippie84 wrote: »
    i can't figure out if turlough is for real or if he's a conman.

did do a big act though of figuring out that larry drowned, when he already knew this already, didn't he, cos una told him, after the priest told her??

He knew the kid drowned from Una. I can't see how he knows that Bob was there. He has Una and the newspaper, but how did he know that Bob was there at the time? That's a huge thing. Did he just get it from the spirits? Because that's bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

gogglebok wrote: »
    He knew the kid drowned from Una. I can't see how he knows that Bob was there. He has Una and the newspaper, but how did he know that Bob was there at the time? That's a huge thing. Did he just get it from the spirits? Because that's bull****.

Una told him that Bob saw the kid drown too

JaneyP wrote: »
    I liked it! It was nice to see them try something a bit different! I liked how it was like one really long scene! I thought yer man Turlough was a bit wooden up to tonight, but he was good here!

No, I really liked that. It's a bit of ambition, and your man Turlough really turned up the volume on it, almost as good as Bob, but it has to make sense, and it doesn't. Grrrrrrrrrr!

• Advertisement

JaneyP wrote: »
    Una told him that Bob saw the kid drown too

I don't think so. The priest guy told her that Bob lost a child, and he certainly mentioned drowning, but he never said that Bob was there. Also Turlough figured out that Bob had an uncle called Patrick. How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I thought it was utter crap tonight..just find the whole Turlough storyline painful to watch! Turned over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Thought the first half was quite good. The dialogue was interesting - especially Bob resenting Renee for milking the tragedy of Floyd's death.

After the break though, it just got weird.

Keith and Dean outside with the phone was a bit random as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭katzenjammer

marie_85 wrote: »
    Thought the first half was quite good. The dialogue was interesting - especially Bob resenting Renee for milking the tragedy of Floyd's death.

After the break though, it just got weird.

Keith and Dean outside with the phone was a bit random as well.

I agree. I liked the first half, I kept laughing at Bob's one-liners. I don't think I've ever genuinely laughed at a Fair City joke before!
    The second half was a bit too much tho, tbh

turlough's posessedness was probably the weirdest thing i've ever seen
    i thought the best part was the keith and dean phone thing... it made no sense but that's why i liked it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Missed it! Hey what is this about a phone? So was Bob sucked into Turlough's hocus-pocus as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Missed it! Hey what is this about a phone? So was Bob sucked into Turlough's hocus-pocus as well?

:cool: The phone thing was a really tiny part of the episode. Keeet and yummy Dean were trying to get into a locked McCoys. Keeet threw Deans phone into the letterbox and rang it. The thinking, I assume being, that whoever was in McCoys would pick it up and therefore be coerced into letting the two bowzies in! It was a nice bit of silliness in a VERY heavy episode!!

This may have been episode of the year!! I also loved the first part (Bob's sarcastic one-liners etc. "Send up the Bat signal!":D and "Dear Mum, Send cash":D)

The bit where Bob went mental in the second half was a bit weird all right!:rolleyes:
    I thought we were just going to see a shouting match! Would never have bet on seeing a seance!!! Fair City!! You gotta love it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

gogglebok wrote: »
    I don't think so. The priest guy told her that Bob lost a child, and he certainly mentioned drowning, but he never said that Bob was there. Also Turlough figured out that Bob had an uncle called Patrick. How?

no, she's right, Una told turloch that poor bob had seen his child drown "before his eyes"..
    I remember that cos i was thinking at the time that i hadnt heard the priest telling her that, but she definately told turloch that.

I missed it last night, well it was on bu ti had it muted as i was on teh phone.
    Is it repeated some time?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

it'll be repeated today at lunchtime.

Bob played a blinder last night. Have only started to like his character since this whole storyline started and last night he really came out with some great lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

ya bob is good alright.

i'm right in thinking that bob only pretended to be talking to his son 'for renees sake' cos at the end he more or less told yer man to scarper.....................but him writing a cheque for €100,000 jus went a bit too far............thats so unreal...............

bit of crack tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

ya bob is good alright.

i'm right in thinking that bob only pretended to be talking to his son 'for renees sake' cos at the end he more or less told yer man to scarper.....................but him writing a cheque for €100,000 jus went a bit too far............thats so unreal...............

bit of crack tho.

I read in the paper during the week that he and Renee sell McCoys!! That must be where he gets the money from! I was thinking the same thing last night, that it was a ridiculous figure. But if he sells the pub, I guess he'll get at least that for it

Ya but still even if they sell pub...........€100,000 dont think anyone is that mad. as u say redic.

when the story is so unbelievable anyways, why do they have to add insult to injury. we are thick but not that thick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Ya but still even if they sell pub...........€100,000 dont think anyone is that mad. as u say redic.

when the story is so unbelievable anyways, why do they have to add insult to injury. we are thick but not that thick.

Looks like Louis is going to get the pub afterall then.... ahhh now see

Bob was excellent last night, really brought out the Trevor Jordache in him... loved it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Right if Louis buys McCoys - and then buys Phelans - I reckon he'll turn Phelans into a bookies - as it must be the only pub around without a bookies nearby....or maybe he'll buy Phelans - Christy will buy out McCoys - Christy and Carol will run McCoys and Louis will open Phelans as a bookies ......

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Possible, Christy and Carol were in the shop the other night and both were saying how much they missed working in a pub.

• Advertisement

if........ louis buys mcCoys and then buys phelans and then buys out the chipper and then buys the car lot place..................then the rcession will be over.....................yahooooooooooooo good mand louis the lip.

I reckon Christy & Carol will deffo be running the pub while the other 2 are on 'holidays', he'll prob then sell the shop to Louis... ............................................................................
    ...... who will turn it into a bookies:)

Or a pet shop:)

i like louie but i'm gonna be peeved if he goes buying everything, bistro > the hungry pig. he better not go ruining phelans and mccoys too! phelans wouldn't be phelans without christy! he better keep it

carrigstown is already low on "places" at this stage, seriously. they should have kept the bistro and opened the hungry pig elsewhere. we have a chipper, a corner shop, a pub and a cafe. the club's gone, the ~dodge~ pub [the galley] is gone, the cab office is never seen anymore... etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Has the recession been mentioned on Fair City at all. Hard to believe in these credit crunch days anyone could just write a cheque for £100k and that Louis would be able to buy up businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I though Bob was brilliant, some of his one liners were hilarious. I agree with Manfrom Atlantis, Bob was only going along with it for Renee's sake. The Uncle Patrick etc were just lucky guesses. Bob might cancel the cheque before Turlough gets to the bank. Bob and Wren will be on a flight to Bulgaria before Turlough throws a wobbly.

jobucks wrote: »
    I reckon Christy & Carol will deffo be running the pub while the other 2 are on 'holidays', he'll prob then sell the shop to Louis... ............................................................................
    ...... who will turn it into a bookies:)

Or a pet shop:)

LOL:D

I've a better idea for Phelans - they should turn it into the MIC - Missing In Carrigstown and locate the following residents:

Tracey - she's been in England for ages - she'll have bills when she comes home
    Leo - ?????
    That Detective who was living with Ray is he not living with him any more..
    The Old Persons Shelter that those kids were working on
    Ollie who owns the hairdresser hasn't had a pint in yonks

There's loads of others missing in carrigstown.

Sorry just one other thing - how in God's name did Linda know where to look for her daughter? If she's so good at finding people maybe she can get the job of locating missing residents in carrigstown.....

deelite wrote: »
    Sorry just one other thing - how in God's name did Linda know where to look for her daughter? If she's so good at finding people maybe she can get the job of locating missing residents in carrigstown.....

Then again, her daughters not that hard to miss with her hair an all:)

maybe louis is leo in disguise.......... turlough changed him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

deelite wrote: »
    LOL:D

I've a better idea for Phelans - they should turn it into the MIC - Missing In Carrigstown and locate the following residents:

Tracey - she's been in England for ages - she'll have bills when she comes home
    Leo - ?????
    That Detective who was living with Ray is he not living with him any more..
    The Old Persons Shelter that those kids were working on
    Ollie who owns the hairdresser hasn't had a pint in yonks

There's loads of others missing in carrigstown.

I was only just thinking the same thing myself recently-where are certain residents of Carrigstown gone?? Suzanne and Damien seemed to have vanished. Doloroes hasn't been seen for a while. And what cout that girl Lara who's pregnant and living with Dolores? Surely she must be nearly due at this stage! And where exactly is Yvonne living? She only ever seems to arrive into work, but is she living with Bella or somewhere else??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement