Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

101.9 in chawkes boooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

99.9 at Groody and 98.9 in Thomondgate for petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

94c for diesel and 99c for petrol in Ballina / Killaloe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

APPLEGREEN - CORBALLY

PETROL 97.8

DIESEL 95.8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I know it's not the city but the I commute from NCW to the city every day and it's the cheapest around

Discount Fuels just outside NCW

Petrol 99.8

Diesel 89.8

• Advertisement

Like above this one is out of the city but anyone near Kildimo should drop for petrol - 99.9 at the moment, that's at least .02c cheaper than the cheapest in town and most of the stations seem to be around the 104 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

I had to go to Birr today. Four stations had the price of unleaded @96.9 cent. What's the rip-off in Limerick?

Pure Mule wrote: »
    I had to go to Birr today. Four stations had the price of unleaded @96.9 cent. What's the rip-off in Limerick?

Agree, Limerick seems to be the most expensive at the moment.

Limerick is actually the same as the rest of the country or most if not all teh petrol stations i passed this weekend on my return trip to dundalk.

The lowest price it seems to be 101.9 same as in chawkes

I'm basing my comments on - On my way back from the Munster game in Musgrave Park I got petrol for 99.9 in Mallow, so southwards seems to be a bit cheaper and a fortnight ago I got petrol in Nenagh for 97.9 and it was over the euro in Limerick :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

1 wk ago I paid 91.9 for diesel in clonmel - everywhere round limerick at least 5c more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

RikD wrote: »
    1 wk ago I paid 91.9 for diesel in clonmel - everywhere round limerick at least 5c more :(

AFAIK 89.9 weekdays - 84.9 at the weekends (Sat/Sun) in Tralee for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Wheres the cheapest in the City at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think Esso at Singland Motors, Dublin Road was 101.9 for petrol the other day. Their diesel was 89.9 anyway. The same with Cosgrave's across the road.

100.9 for petrol in Clarina this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anyone got any more input here, i've got the topaz in thomondgate at 105.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

EMO on Clare Street 104.9 (petrol)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Clarina was 103.9 last night if I remember correctly

The Maxol in Raheen must be one of the most expensive its 109.9...flipping joke!

well lads,petrol has gone down and up in the last week r two.

Any bargain prices for petrol to be had around the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Texaco in Roxborough has been staying steady at 109.9 for unleaded for about three weeks now, even when others were in the 114.9 to 119.9 range.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Texaco in Roxborough has been staying steady at 109.9 for unleaded for about three weeks now, even when others were in the 114.9 to 119.9 range.

really?thats pretty good,whereabouts is that station?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jackncoke wrote: »
    really?thats pretty good,whereabouts is that station?

Opposite the Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Think I paid 111.9 for it there on Friday , but it is still cheaper than the others .

jonski wrote: »
    Think I paid 111.9 for it there on Friday , but it is still cheaper than the others .

Got my petrol there on Tuesday at 109.9 so must have just beaten the jump, but 111.9 is still cheaper than most places as you said, and that jump is the first one there since the first week in July.

Things are bad when we are starting to think that 109.9 and 111.9 is a cheap price for petrol. Just shows how high it has jumped in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Even though Texaco is 111.9 and Topaz on Ennis Road is 113.9 I would always buy Topaz. I did an exercise for a few weeks in a row and I discovered Topaz is definitley better quality petrol.

I do the same journeys in around town mostly every week. Schedule is pretty much the same day in day out, mileage never changes and because of traffic and the roads I use, speed is always limited.

Anyways over a few weeks I would put the same amount of litres in my car and I would alternate between the topaz and texaco petrol. I did this over a few weeks and it turns out I got more miles every time from Topaz for my litres. Then I would run two or three weeks with Texaco and the same with Topaz and the result remained. I got more mileage for my Topaz litres than I did with Texaco.

I know it seems a bit cracked but before I did this exercise I changed from Topaz to Texaco permanently because I didn't like the staff in Topaz. Then one day it just dawned on me that my Texaco fuel was disppearing alot faster than what it used to and I thought there was something wrong with my car. When I said it to my partner that I need my car looked at he said he reckoned Topaz was better quality petrol so I decided I'd test it out.

Turned out he was right. Try it and see.

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Even though Texaco is 111.9 and Topaz on Ennis Road is 113.9 I would always buy Topaz. I did an exercise for a few weeks in a row and I discovered Topaz is definitley better quality petrol.

I do the same journeys in around town mostly every week. Schedule is pretty much the same day in day out, mileage never changes and because of traffic and the roads I use, speed is always limited.

Anyways over a few weeks I would put the same amount of litres in my car and I would alternate between the topaz and texaco petrol. I did this over a few weeks and it turns out I got more miles every time from Topaz for my litres. Then I would run two or three weeks with Texaco and the same with Topaz and the result remained. I got more mileage for my Topaz litres than I did with Texaco.

I know it seems a bit cracked but before I did this exercise I changed from Topaz to Texaco permanently because I didn't like the staff in Topaz. Then one day it just dawned on me that my Texaco fuel was disppearing alot faster than what it used to and I thought there was something wrong with my car. When I said it to my partner that I need my car looked at he said he reckoned Topaz was better quality petrol so I decided I'd test it out.

Turned out he was right. Try it and see.

Topaz (formally Statoil and Shell) and Texaco stations in Limerick receive their fuel from the same depot in Cork. So there is no difference in the fuel quality. I worked with both Texaco in Limerick and Statoil in Cork and the same depot was were the fuel came from.

What may have happened to you was you bought fuel when the station was low on fuel and some of the sedament etc from the bottom of their tank came up and into your car tank, or the Texaco station may have older tanks which have more sedament plus moisture inside of it.

Petrol for 110.9 in Clarina this evening, is this the cheapest around at the moment?

A month gone since this thread has been updated,we looking at a average of 115 now around the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Higher I'd say, I've only seen it for that price is the "great gas" petrol station, just outside Limerick on the Tipp road!
    Everywhere else seems to be about 117 altho my local place is 119:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement