Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping the tuesday nights going

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

ok, i pretty much have a freindly lined up for either the 12th or the 19th...dates to be confirmed for definate, but these can be agreed to by all our team and of course, the opposition. game to be played on either grass or astro, but lets go for the cheaper option i suppose and grass. pitch would be beside where we played on tuesday, so this would account as a normal tuesday night....

are we going for it?

12th for me. Can't play on 19th as my thesis is due in the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

depends on what you're using the games for. If it's to test out new players then it should be on astro but if it's just to keep us going over the few weeks then it doesnt matter.

I see your point about the cost though although with two squads of 15 playing its only something like a fiver a man.

Also its easier for a grass team to change to playing astro than the other way around, IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, I reackon we're better off on astro tbh. Play on a rubbish grass pitch and someone new might not be able to show their footballing ability as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I think we're all agreed that training and playing friendlies on astro is better than playing on grass. But here's the thing - playing on grass is better than not playing at all.

We've always been striving for the perfect setup for these training and friendly sessions and it's never come off - we need to get these going by hook or by crook and then build on it from there.

There were definitely at least a couple of lads last time round that paying the fiver wasn't suiting them, so if that's going to lose us a few players, it'd be better to go with grass and get the better turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so ideally, if possible, train on grass and if we have a friendlies and look like we may get up to 30 players between both sides, then we can go astro...should only cost 3-4 quid each..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

yeh, I'd say you're spot on with that Ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Well, 8 votes in and it's 100% Yes to keeping Tuesdays going.
    I'm all for it, though I'll be off on holidays from the 8th-17th of August, so I may miss a cup game and a friendly.

I'm quite content to play on grass, still good for fitness. Nadal and Federer play clay and grass, no excuses for us. A friendly on the 19th would suit me, but by all means have one on the 12th.

We should be able to get matches and training together without Des and make this somewhat more of a democratic process. How about we do it like this, myself and Martin will organize a training session, Ed and Jules or whoever can organize a match. How does that suit?

Lepo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Id love a bit of training. Its exactly what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

that friendly is not possible for tuesday night...they (HBFC) have another game, on the wednesday on grass, so they cant play the 2. however, ill try refix it. they have asked to play only on grass, so thats fair enough, if we want friendlies, we have to make allowances.

we need to chat tonight about what to do this tuesday....maybe just 5 a side for the once of or Ian/Jules, can your team fill in the gap this week?

ill check number tonight.....i can get a game the following week (we will be playing in the cup if we win tonight that night also). des has one organised for the 6th of September against Beechlawn (lost it 3-2 last year,was a great game). that is something to really look forward to, so we need a grass game before that, i suggest we try HBFC again for maybe tues week on grass if we lose tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

we need to chat tonight about what to do this tuesday....maybe just 5 a side for the once

We talked on Tuesday, there will be 5-a-side organised for the place in Ringsend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement