Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M203 legality????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Hmmm... Be interesting to find out where the stuff is coming from when it's getting stopped, I'll start a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

horgan_p wrote: »
    just got word from ups that a package of mine had been siezed for inspection by customs.

My M203 was sent to customs in Dublin (Dublin mail center D12) not the usual Portlaoise so maybe their just stickin ya with tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ehh, as far as I know, they dotn fly into planes into the D12 sorting office. It would have to have come through Terminal1 at the airport or portlaoise to get there.

I beleive customs/an post have a system for flagging addresses(eg, known drug dealers) so all their stuf gets checked. If they can do if for senders addresses then that could be why everything from ehobby is being checked, even small parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really don't see the point of what they're doing. It'll all have to be released and sent out as it's legal. And I'm pretty sure they're aware of that. All they're doing is making more work for themselves.

Unless of course they're using it as an excuse to get a look at and document all these airsoft parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Not Sure, if its related. But I have been waiting on a package of Co2 capsules and BB's from the UK. I have not been notified by customs, but neither have a received the package.

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

did you recive a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

unfortunately it wasn't tracked. Just normail airmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I have a m203 on the way from China, will let ye know if I have any problems with customs(hopefully not).

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

have a silencer on the way from ebaybanned but not expecting it for another 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

monksavage wrote: »
    My M203 was sent to customs in Dublin (Dublin mail center D12) not the usual Portlaoise so maybe their just stickin ya with tax.

Interesting, mine was sent to customs in D12 too....

But horgan_p is in Cork, so it's not just the mail centre in D12 that's doing it.

Lethal: while alot of packages do go to portlaoise, quite a lot of smaller packages, or non-registered ones that I get are routed through the mail centre on the nangor road instead, up until this incident though, I've never had a package coming through the mail centre in D12 get stopped by customs though, up until now that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

o1s1n wrote: »
    Unless of course they're using it as an excuse to get a look at and document all these airsoft parts.
    If they actually just asked us or the retailers for examples of each unit for documentation reasons they'd get it a lot quicker and with a lot less hassle. There must be something other than that going on. Either they've been told to be extra vigilant for some reason or they've gotten a lot of new staff. The trend does seem to sway more toward people buying accessories though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Either they've been told to be extra vigilant for some reason

well i jave to say this is somthing that has crost my mind, without more examples its hard to say, this might just be another case of a over eager staff , these could just be isolated cases we will just have to wait really

Advertisement