Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pictures I took recently

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Comorant
    WQIYNdd.jpg

Blue Tit
    XQzpntV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Absolutely adorable! :)

Today on the Dodder

46051563442_46d7f9bc56_b.jpg
    Grey Heron

• Advertisement

This local guy often throws bits of bread out for the Gulls( Black- Headed):)

31166966747_ab67cbbf64_b.jpg
    Black-Headed Gulls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Great pic taken on the Dodder this morning by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous. Sadly only with his phone and by someone who used to have the best of camera equipment - I'd say he might be thinking of buying some again! The Little Egret flew off unscathed.

FOX%2BAND%2BEGRET.jpg

Grey wagtail
    5IseqVr.jpg

2XA93mY.jpg
    This guy is a regular visitor to the bird feeders in our garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Coming back home with the family and it started lashing...but spotted a sparrowhawk and I had to chance a shoot.

Also, Snipe and Little Egret from earlier

46146422191_a0b5ef5ac2_b.jpg

46146424211_a1147db6eb_b.jpg

46096314122_070fceedc2_b.jpg

Checking out the puddles

31212317787_53f92d380f_b.jpg
    Egret

• Advertisement

Egret in flight
    mUSl7gj.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

has anyone ever floated the idea of making a calendar from photos posted here?
    a bit late for 2019 mind.

has anyone ever floated the idea of making a calendar from photos posted here?
    a bit late for 2019 mind.

Good idea, I know keps does a great one and I have done mugs in the past.

gzoladz wrote: »
    Good idea, I know keps does a great one and I have done mugs in the past.

Yep, I do one each year - but just to be clear I only use my own photos.
    The 2018 Calendar had the theme' A Year on the Dodder'

The 2019 one is 'Another Year on the Dodder'

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HoteiMarkii

Some excellent shots in this thread lately.
    It's nice to have new contributors like New Wave here. You've posted some wonderful images!
    Gzoladz - I love the Snipe shot. It's usually so difficult to get close to them without spooking them.
    Keps, as always, is keeping the show on the road. The Kingfisher sequence is wonderful.
    I'm hoping to get out and about with the camera myself soon after taking a break from it for a while.

@HoteiMarkii

Are you the artist formerly known as Hotei?

keps wrote: »

Are you the artist formerly known as Hotei?

Yes keps, one and the same! :-) Hope you're well?
    I can't upload anything myself at present because I haven't reached the 25 post milestone yet.
    To be fair, I don't have a lot to upload because I haven't been out and about at all lately.
    I had a game of chicken with a bus on my way home from work one evening, and let's just say I didn't win that one. Actually, it wasn't my fault and can count my lucky stars I'm still here! It knocked the stuffin' out of me for a wee bit, but I'm getting back to my good old self now, thankfully.

@Hotei

Glad to hear you survived that one

Great to have you back:)

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    @Hotei

Glad to hear you survived that one

Great to have you back:)

Thanks keps! :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had a game of chicken with a bus on my way home from work one evening, and let's just say I didn't win that one. Actually, it wasn't my fault and can count my lucky stars I'm still here!

:eek::eek::eek:

New Home wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

That's just what the expression on my face was like when the bus hurtled towards me. :-)

I'd say so! Glad to have you back among us. :)

Some excellent shots in this thread lately.
    It's nice to have new contributors like New Wave here. You've posted some wonderful images!
    Gzoladz - I love the Snipe shot. It's usually so difficult to get close to them without spooking them.
    Keps, as always, is keeping the show on the road. The Kingfisher sequence is wonderful.
    I'm hoping to get out and about with the camera myself soon after taking a break from it for a while.

Thanks Hotei - they can show fairly well in Bootesrstown, happy to show you the place if you are ever around (and trade the secret for those amazing butterfly shots ;)

Nice to have you back

This is my favourite Snipe shot, not from this year though:

22758964948_fffd5b3808_b.jpg

Heron
    AFi1E8a.jpg

gzoladz wrote: »
    Thanks Hotei - they can show fairly well in Bootesrstown, happy to show you the place if you are ever around (and trade the secret for those amazing butterfly shots ;)

Nice to have you back

This is my favourite Snipe shot, not from this year though:

22758964948_fffd5b3808_b.jpg

Thanks gzoladz.
    That's a fantastic shot of the Snipe. Pollardstown fen is practically on my doorstep, and there's plenty of Snipe about, but I've just never managed to get that close to one, unfortunately. Most evenings during the breeding season, you will see the flight displays of the males and hear that wonderful winnowing sound they make.
    There's a great spot near me here in Kildare where you can see some not very common species of butterfly, but obviously will have to wait until mid-May and thereafter to do so. PM me if you ever want to visit.

• Advertisement

Grey Heron being 'mobbed' by some crows

44397843630_2e5ba61587_b.jpg
    Grey Heron

Flies off into the distance

46164378162_6c11523131_b.jpg
    Grey Heron

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement