Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Noob available for moving target practice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Wayhey, back on track.....a couple of mate today invited me to head to HRTA with them around the 26th August..Iceage goes to check his calender

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Indeed, back on track sounds good.
    Airsoft is about having a good time and enjoying yourself, so OP: have you had a chance to go to a skirmish yet? Hope you enjoyed it, and if you haven't gone yet, hurry up and get out there, you will definitely enjoy it, no matter what site you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

kdouglas wrote: »
    Wow, you skirmished once at a site which you dont even know the correct name of and you've suddenly got a wealth of experience? At the risk of sounding elitist, dont try and question the advice of some of the longest standing members of this community without a good bloody reason.

And how many sites have you skirmished at lately? Alot of us here skirmish at HRTA, yes. Why? Because it's the closest site to alot of people who live in Dublin and also their regular site which most of us have been attending since it opened, when it was the only site.

Agreed, Milsim is a type of game scenario, not a type of site? Tbh, I doubt anyone here has actually played a full and proper Milsim game in this country yet. (i.e. proper loadouts and period guns, real-cap magazines, milsim medic rules etc...) What most people seem to refer to as Milsim is actually just a game with a story line and mid-cap magazines.

i have no problem with you guys having a home site for god sake everyone has a home site but generally speaking from reading threads on here i see that airsoft in ireland is not being played in hrta only paintball with airsoft guns.i have played at two sites so far because of the lack of tranceport i havn't had the oppertunity to play the other sites but i tell ya wat i cant wait to have a game in fingal it sounds great hahahahahaha.
    what does hrta being the first site in ireland have to do with this i not puttin the site down in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Can we please stay on topic we have new gamer ,lets see how they did not what you , me or any one thinks of this site or that site...... if you have an issue start a thread !!

true enough man i retract everything i have said as i realize it always happens when a new guy starts a thread my appoligies new guy hope you enjoy your days in airsoft and hope to play with you someday :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Fullback, believe us when we say it will become an obsession. I started out with one gun and now have 4 rifles and a pistol, two loadouts, just bought a helmet cam and the list goes on.......... dont fight it. Be one of us:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I wasnt gonna reply to this thread, but feck it im gonna,

the reason you all hear HRTA so much is because its around the longest and built up plenty of regulars, being that its the closest to the city it gets the most players there for obvious reasons, its also the home site to some of the larges teams in the country, most people will understand that logic but a select few are too thick to find their arse with both hands,

amaughan, you of all people have a damn cheek to bitch about people playing in hrta, almost every single post of yours on this forum is shameless pimping of SAC in longford, if I was the person in charge of that site id be really pissed at your behaviour on here as it gives the site a bad name aswell as you, from what ive heard about the site its supposed to be really good but the people in charge should be sending you a PM to get you to cop on,

yes, yes, im a hrta player, why, coz its on my door step, although i have played in gtac too, martin and evlen are sound people. and fingal is in the comming weeks when i get the opertunity. ive met the lads behind that site and they are genuine decent airsofters too.,

most people wont see any sinister controversy here but theres always some that like to stir the pot and get disagreement going., this petty rivalry should come to an end and we should instead start looking after the new players, first impressions are lasting ones remember...

over and out.....

whydave wrote: »
    Can we please stay on topic we have new gamer ,lets see how they did not what you , me or any one thinks of this site or that site...... if you have an issue start a thread !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Fullback, believe us when we say it will become an obsession. I started out with one gun and now have 4 rifles and a pistol, two loadouts, just bought a helmet cam and the list goes on.......... dont fight it. Be one of us:cool:

Damn right!! I only started in April and i'm fresh back from the Gathering like a lot of other dudes (I believe KDouglas was there?) and it's starting to take over my life.

Not that I'm complaining!:P Wherever you skirmish first have a good one!

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    I wasnt gonna reply to this thread, but feck it im gonna,

the reason you all hear HRTA so much is because its around the longest and built up plenty of regulars, being that its the closest to the city it gets the most players there for obvious reasons, its also the home site to some of the larges teams in the country, most people will understand that logic but a select few are too thick to find their arse with both hands,

amaughan, you of all people have a damn cheek to bitch about people playing in hrta, almost every single post of yours on this forum is shameless pimping of SAC in longford, if I was the person in charge of that site id be really pissed at your behaviour on here as it gives the site a bad name aswell as you, from what ive heard about the site its supposed to be really good but the people in charge should be sending you a PM to get you to cop on,

yes, yes, im a hrta player, why, coz its on my door step, although i have played in gtac too, martin and evlen are sound people. and fingal is in the comming weeks when i get the opertunity. ive met the lads behind that site and they are genuine decent airsofters too.,

most people wont see any sinister controversy here but theres always some that like to stir the pot and get disagreement going., this petty rivalry should come to an end and we should instead start looking after the new players, first impressions are lasting ones remember...

over and out.....

you some cabbage you talk about people stiring the **** but even when the bad part of this thread stops you with your big mouth come on here starting this all back up again.
    i never once complained nor ''bitched'' about people playing in hrta so get your facts straight smart arse.

op once again my appoligise for this rude interuption it wont happen again so vtec if you have a problem bring it to pm then at least you wont mess up this thread anymore then it already is

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

amaughan, if I see you throw personal abuse at anyone on this forum again you'll be banned for a very long time. You were already warned about the whole SAC thing. Behave yourself as this is your last warning.

Next person to bitch on here gets a week ban. We're meant to welcome new players, not scare them away with this bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Right lads..... enough!

Mods....Lock the thread, burn it, throw it in the bin:mad::mad::mad:

It's not going anywhere.... OP sorry for this mess:o We are a bunch of good guys... passionate about Airsoft... so much so it clouds our judgment sometimes and about which site rocks and which one doesn't... they all have there merits and style of game play.
    My advise to any skirmisher is visit as many sites as you can and then rotate them so you get the best of both worlds in terms of the people you meet and the games you play!

I hope you visit a site soon and that this did not put you off.

Bren

o1s1n wrote: »
    amaughan, if I see you throw personal abuse at anyone on this forum again you'll be banned for a very long time. You were already warned about the whole SAC thing. Behave yourself as this is your last warning.

Next person to bitch on here gets a week ban. We're meant to welcome new players, not scared them away with this bullsh*t.

Just for the record I wasn't bitching;) And timing is everything:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just for the record I wasn't bitching;) And timing is everything:eek:

Heh, I'll let you off....this time! ;)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Heh, I'll let you off....this time! ;)

Your so kind:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

I have stopped posting on boards for this very reason, can we not just enjoy the sport we hav choose and stop bickering over it. i like to play golf i dont play it exactly the same way as the man next to me so what. Airsoft is Airsoft no matter what site no matter what way u play it. Relax lads

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mutt McL wrote: »
    oh no here we go boards mafia jump on newbe for stating his opinion.

No I pulled you on stating you had a wealth of experience when you clearly don't. Nothing to do with HRTA at all. Milsim type skirmishes are only taking off in the last few months with Irish Airsoft.
    Well yes i have gained a wealth of experience have played HARTA I've read alot of posts and HARTA is not milsim.

You went once, how is that a wealth of experience. To get a taste for Airsoft the OP and anyone else should be encouraged to come along and try the sport at their nearest site, not have some muppet put them off like you did.
    The op said he was into milsim so sites like fingal or the one in Longford seem to be way to go.

Both of whom have only started doing milsim type of skirmishes. Technically there hasn't been a full airsoft milsim in Ireland like the Berget one in Sweden attended by some of the regulars here.

I'm delighted Milsim type games are taking off, especially the Vietnam type ones as thats an area I have an interest in. I congratulate and encourage all sites to continue along this route as I believe it will help the sport to grow at a far greater rate.
    And what about your experience Gandalf :mad:

Anyone who is a regular here knows my experience. I have been skirmishing for over a year and while I haven't been attending skirmishes in a regular fashion for the last few months due to personal commitments I have a damn sight more exposure to the Irish airsoft scene than you.

Next time do not make a statement when you clearly do not have the experience to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fullback

Hi Lads, thanks for your input. When does the punch-up start ?

Dave: I did attend HRTA on Saturday, got yelled at plenty (mostly by you) :) and generally had a great time.

I can see from some of the posts that people have thier own turf/interests to defend. That's life and the internet isn't any different.
    For what it's worth I thought HRTA to be a good site with a mix of everything to make it interesting enough.
    I'm sure that playing the same site repeatedly will soon take the shine off it but I intend to play around - so to speak.
    The only negative I found with the HRTA site was the lack of a decent sign out front, otherwise I felt Paul ran it quite well.
    I even got to meet Skippy - The bush Kangaroo and Darth Vader (I think).
    I'll definitely be back. (now that I know how to find it)

Luckily for me I wasn't the only NOOB there so I didn't stand out like too much of a twat. I think I gave better than I got - Although I have some nice bruises.

The only downside to the whole experience was trying to walk the next day ;) Do this every weekend and forget the Gym membership.

Excellent day out and thanks to the guys there on Saturday for showing me the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Glad to hear you had a good day out Fullback I look forward to meeting you there when I get back into skirmishing and I know there are some very good plans in the offing for Milsim events in the future.

Best advice is if you are thinking about skirmishing is go to your local site and try it out. Despite the bickering we are a friendly bunch and most like nothing more than showing off our gear and helping to show new players the ropes (sure aren't they our targets :D).

• Advertisement

Fullback wrote: »
    Dave: I did attend HRTA on Saturday, got yelled at plenty (mostly by you) :) and generally had a great time.

QUOTE]

me Yelling ......slander !!!!

Glad you enjoyed your day hope to game with you soon

David

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

say BOOOO to dave and he will cry

tis true !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

glad you had a good time mate

im pretty new to the sport aswell, ive only had 4-5 skirmishes. I've played hrta and gtac and both are good places wth nice owners.

Generally youll see some ****e go on here but its just what happens on any internet forum. I've been lucky enough to meet most of the posters face to face and they are really nice people and have been really nice to me with advice, help and general friendlyness.

So dont be afraid to introduce yourself around aswell, its what i did and now i know a few faces and dont feel like such a newcomer.

and enjoy spending your life away buying and wishing you could buy stuff :)

enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ah sure most people are "noobs" to airsoft, and the only people who call other people noobs are people who play too much cod4 and only do so to try and show their "uber l337" airsoft status.
    So glad you enjoyed yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

glad you had a good time mate

im pretty new to the sport aswell, ive only had 4-5 skirmishes. I've played hrta and gtac and both are good places wth nice owners.

Generally youll see some ****e go on here but its just what happens on any internet forum. I've been lucky enough to meet most of the posters face to face and they are really nice people and have been really nice to me with advice, help and general friendlyness.

So dont be afraid to introduce yourself around aswell, its what i did and now i know a few faces and dont feel like such a newcomer.

and enjoy spending your life away buying and wishing you could buy stuff :)

enjoy :)

dont listen to him, hes such a n00b!

:p

haha, im only kidding Doc's sound, hes right though, on the internet you get a different perception of people and most are sound decent fellas, im only 8-10 months in the game myself but i know a lot of the players well.
    The only thing that seperates a "n00b" from a regualr is usually the camo., :D theres some great n00bs aswell as cr*p regulars.,lol
    dont worry about dave shouting at ya either, thats just the way he talks and he usually does a group hug afterwards.,rofl.,:p

hope to see you on the recieving end of my bbs soon.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fullback

dont worry about dave shouting at ya either, thats just the way he talks and he usually does a group hug afterwards

Missed that bit, :eek:

I'll be back

Advertisement