Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Noob available for moving target practice

Options
  • 17-07-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Noob looking to move beyond blasting holes in cardboard boxes.
    Are there any teams in the dublin area that could use a stand-in ?

Ex military, reasonably fit, interested in CQB and milsim scenarios.
    Have M4, will travel :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

you need to start gaming then ask about teams ....
    have you gamed ?
    try HRTA , Fingal airsoft to name two of the sites .

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Hello Fullback, there are alot of teams in Dublin area and arround the country. As you have mentioned CQB there is at least one in Dublin which is HRTA, also Drogheda airsoft which is and CQB and various terrain with hills and rocks, Than the newest site in Dublin Area is Fingal airsoft - which is woodlands. In Dublin south you got gorse hill, never been there myself so dont know. Now in the country you got Gtac which is in co.Galway, it has a CQB and woodlands sites. And for the end I left the best site in Ireland FOR MILSIMMERS - Skirmish airsoft Command. I been in all mentioned above minus Gorse Hill and can asure you if you are looking for milsim than come to Longford.

whydave wrote: »
    you need to start gaming then ask about teams ....

not to sound like a prat it's just so you see the teams and they see you ie style , weapons , camo etc ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fullback

Play first - team later - fair enough. From reading the forums it looked like most skirmishes were organised at team level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Not really. It's just that there are a lot of teams on the go and challenges are inevitable. The price of war I suppose:D

• Advertisement

come to a gaming site you'll be welcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Fullback wrote: »
    Play first - team later - fair enough. From reading the forums it looked like most skirmishes were organised at team level.

Firstly, welcome to the sport of Airsoft Fullback! forgive this lot, bunch of Airsofters:P if you can get to any of the sites, give them a shout, bring your kit, give it a lash and see how it goes. There are teams yes and we can organise ourselves for some of these events but theres nothing saying yuo can't just pitch up at HRTA G tAC SAC Gorse and just ask to join in, Its a team sport but we all got to start somewhere mate, and if your ex, all the better!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Come to a site. Meet people. Shoot them. Become their friends. Join their team. :D

Come to a site. Meet people. Shoot them. Become their friends. Join their team. :D

Nicely put...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Noob looking to move beyond blasting holes in cardboard boxes.
    Are there any teams in the dublin area that could use a stand-in ?

Ex military, reasonably fit, interested in CQB and milsim scenarios.
    Have M4, will travel :)

First of all welcome to the game as many people have said already.
    My advice would be go to the site nearest to you talk to everyone have a laugh and check out the equipment people have too everyone is always up for showing off their gear:p.
    Also most skirmishes are run by the site itself and everyone is welcome so get your skates on and get to a site.
    Hmm speaking of which I should go to a skirmish soon the last time was the first gathering and that was far too long ago.
    Anywho hope to see you at a skirmish soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

welcome to the sport great to have another person into "Mil Sim"

:D

Thanks to everyone for their input, I've also had quite a few PMs regarding getting started.
    If the weather holds I'm going to head down to HRTA tomorrow and give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mutt McL

Thanks to everyone for their input, I've also had quite a few PMs regarding getting started.
    If the weather holds I'm going to head down to HRTA tomorrow and give it a go.

Thats the way to do it start at the bottom and work your way up but if you are into milsim you are wasting your time mate:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ah Mutt McL how do you know he is wasting his time? Checking your messages shows you were looking for a site to play on last week? Have you suddenly gained a wealth of experience?

He might as well get a feel for skirmishing first and a site is the best place to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mutt McL

gandalf wrote: »
    ah Mutt McL how do you know he is wasting his time? Checking your messages shows you were looking for a site to play on last week? Have you suddenly gained a wealth of experience?

He might as well get a feel for skirmishing first and a site is the best place to do that.
    oh no here we go boards mafia jump on newbe for stating his opinion.Well yes i have gained a wealth of experience have played HARTA I've read alot of posts and HARTA is not milsim. The op said he was into milsim so sites like fingal or the one in Longford seem to be way to go.And what about your experience Gandalf :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Mutt McL wrote: »
    oh no here we go boards mafia jump on newbe for stating his opinion.Well yes i have gained a wealth of experience have played HARTA I've read alot of posts and HARTA is not milsim. The op said he was into milsim so sites like fingal or the one in Longford seem to be way to go.And what about your experience Gandalf :mad:

yeah I hear HARTA is an awful place to game, I'm glad we have HRTA

instead :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Blay wrote: »
    yeah I hear HARTA is an awful place to game, I'm glad we have HRTA

instead :pac:

HARTA is the rival site to G-TAC isnt it? im sure ive heard of "HARTA-TAC" down that direction somewhere., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

dont mind them man there just closed minded they dont like to try out other sites its hrta all the way for thos lads man.

funny tho vtec haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

vtec wrote: »
    HARTA is the rival site to G-TAC isnt it? im sure ive heard of "HARTA-TAC" down that direction somewhere., :D

rival site?

HARTA will eliminate all! ruthless thugs them HARTA lads,

the HRTA guys will have to fight dirty to win :pac:

• Advertisement

HARTA..LESS thugs perhaps ??

Suspect there's a bit of axe grinding going on here.

Sorry Mutt Mcl but the preference was for CQB then Milsim. Actually at this point I'd go for anything that got me out of the damned house

HRTA tomorrow maybe HARTA next weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Milsim is scenario dependant, NOT site dependant.

If enough people want a milsim event, it can be organised at any site.

But sure, we all run around shooting each other while wearing military equipment....that's milsim enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

New user slating one site and promoting others?
    Suspect one may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

theres plenty of sites around now, try to check as many out as possible, as you will be kicking yourself if you stick you just one, then discover theres a world of airsoft out there!,

some teams will stick pretty much strictly to one site, others will rotate around in fact ive heard of some teams getting a bit defensive if other teams step on their "turf"

different sites suit different game styles its a good idea to try them all out, ive played mostly east coast sites, now i am looking forward to heading "into the west"

good luck and dont be put off by any BS on boards.

Not modding, but jesus lads, knock it on the head will ya! at least you've got choice, so stop the site knocking please....Iceage has a headache;) I need to at some stage call to ALL of the afore mentioned sites, they all have they're own attributes, so less of sniping...get it..sniping! (I thought is was funny:P)

Nicely put Johnboyeire, get with the program guys, not outside the program..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

i agree with iceage . knock it on the head or the mods will lock the thread , i might remind all of you that this is a new player and this is the impression thats given very mature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Mutt McL wrote: »

Wow, you skirmished once at a site which you dont even know the correct name of and you've suddenly got a wealth of experience? At the risk of sounding elitist, dont try and question the advice of some of the longest standing members of this community without a good bloody reason.
    amaughan wrote: »
    dont mind them man there just closed minded they dont like to try out other sites its hrta all the way for thos lads man.

funny tho vtec haha:D

And how many sites have you skirmished at lately? Alot of us here skirmish at HRTA, yes. Why? Because it's the closest site to alot of people who live in Dublin and also their regular site which most of us have been attending since it opened, when it was the only site.
    Milsim is scenario dependant, NOT site dependant.

If enough people want a milsim event, it can be organised at any event.

But sure, we all run around shooting each other while wearing military equipment....that's milsim enough for me.

Agreed, Milsim is a type of game scenario, not a type of site? Tbh, I doubt anyone here has actually played a full and proper Milsim game in this country yet. (i.e. proper loadouts and period guns, real-cap magazines, milsim medic rules etc...) What most people seem to refer to as Milsim is actually just a game with a story line and mid-cap magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

kdouglas wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding elitist, dont try and question the advice of some of the longest standing members of this community without a good bloody reason.

I've been playing airsoft a few months and using boards on and off for about a year. This is the standard type of comment that I expect to hear from a mod on boards - ME and MY buddies are 100% correct 100% of the time.

There ARE sites other than HRTA, there IS more to airsoft than playing (what I can only describe) as Paintball without the paint. From reading the majority of threads here they imply to new players (like myself) that HRTA IS the ONLY site in Ireland, the way the mods and a few other posters choose to play IS the only way airsoft CAN be played.

People should be allowed an opinion - to condemn them for having an opinion that diverges from yours is a bit rich, and dare I say it 'elitist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I never said my opinion was the way it was and the way it should be nor have I ever tried to force my own opinion on someone.
    But honestly, if you're new to something, you shouldn't start acting like you know what you're talking about unless you actually do, there's nothing wrong with someone new questioning what is said by people who have been around longer, but you should have a bit of cop on about what you're saying and actually know what you're talking about.

I know there are other sites than HRTA, it is merely the site I choose to play at most often and is most convenient for me to get to, infact out of the 5 main skirmish sites in the south of Ireland, I've played at the 3 largest ones and intend on playing at all of them at some point.

When has anyone ever said there is only one way to play airsoft? There are many different styles of game play, I merely pointed out above that what alot of people are throwing about as "MilSim" lately is not true milsim, however I personally have no interest in true Milsim and much prefer a game with a good story line and limited to midcap magazines.

There's nothing wrong with people having different opinions, infact, there is something very very wrong with a world where differing opinions do not exist, so my apologies if I came across as elitist, but as I said above, if you question someone who is more experienced, you should really know what you are talking about :)

• Advertisement

Hi
    did you game ?
    don't care what site did you try airsoft, if so did you enjoy it ?
    was a good day gamed on two sites and enjoyed both.

David

Advertisement