Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - GSM v Digidialler

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just in case its a loop & you are using 2 cables then its
    1=red
    2=black
    3=Blue
    4=Blue
    5=black
    6=red
    And join both yellows together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Im in the market for an alarm system also. I dont want to hijack the thread but can anyone recommend a system capable of text from phone, ethernet and ip camera monitoring online? X10 would be nice for the future. Signet looked like a good system but some of the negative feedback has me confused. I want something reliable and future proof.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I havn't found any problems with SigNet.. Whats the negetive feedback your getting.
    Astec Fusion R&D dept are working on all that at the moment.
    Release date is June / July but thats being optimistic IMO
    But they are definitly future profing the system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The signet ticks most of your boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

Hey guys have that gsmart gsm alarm transmitter and receiver still if anyone is interested, I never installed it.

I have hkc alarm system aswell and I'm thinking of linking that with lights, gates, garage doors, heating and CCTV with an x10 system controllable via web, specifically iPhone.

The signet system mentioned appears to best, is this still the case....?

• Advertisement

The SigNET would be my recommendation for this.
    The big advantage here as opposed to running independent software is that the web server is built into the SigNET 220 & 300 so there is no need to have a PC running for remote access. Also what can be done using cause & effect with the alarm zones is almost limitless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dj_kerry_blue

Hi all

Just found this one. looks ideal if you just need text to your phone. And much better priced.

DJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dj_kerry_blue

blueHi all

Just found this one. looks ideal if you just need text to your phone. And much better priced.

DJ
    blueHi all

DJ
    Oops forgot!

http://www.2t-tec.com/shop/product_info.php/info/p53892_2t-alarm-2-mobile.html

Hi all

DJ

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

moved to home security

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

blueHi all

DJ
    blueHi all

DJ
    Oops forgot!

http://www.2t-tec.com/shop/product_info.php/info/p53892_2t-alarm-2-mobile.html

Hi all

DJ

Hi DJ,

What system are you putting this on to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Currrently have HKC alarm (SW-812) which sends texts to 5 numbers when activated. It is connected directly to our fixed landline (Eircom). It was part of the package when we got the alrm installed in the house.

However we wish now to get rid of Eircom (for phone and BB) and sign up to UPC which I think will have an effect on whether the alarm notification will work.(as their phoneline is not similar to Eircom)

I have heard of being able to add a GSM dialler to our system instead of the fixed line version (modem?)?

Has anyone any info on what is need and how much it would cost to switch between fixed line and GSM dialler.

You can add on a GSM digi which would be able to text you. You could also connect a generic voice dallier which could connect to your UPC line.
    There are some vulnerabilities with both.
    GSM signals can be easily jammed.
    UPC lines are dependent on mains power being on.

Darando wrote: »
    Currrently have HKC alarm (SW-812) which sends texts to 5 numbers when activated. It is connected directly to our fixed landline (Eircom). It was part of the package when we got the alrm installed in the house.

However we wish now to get rid of Eircom (for phone and BB) and sign up to UPC which I think will have an effect on whether the alarm notification will work.(as their phoneline is not similar to Eircom)

I have heard of being able to add a GSM dialler to our system instead of the fixed line version (modem?)?

Has anyone any info on what is need and how much it would cost to switch between fixed line and GSM dialler.

That is correct as the HKC text card wont work with UPC.
    The HKC GSM-P costs 320 Euro to buy, it is very easy to set up on the alarm system once you have the engineer code. It will also allow you have remote access for setting/unsetting of the alarm. It will allow you put up to 19 phone numbers into it, the same as the text card you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

altor wrote: »
    That is correct as the HKC text card wont work with UPC.
    The HKC GSM-P costs 320 Euro to buy, it is very easy to set up on the alarm system once you have the engineer code. It will also allow you have remote access for setting/unsetting of the alarm. It will allow you put up to 19 phone numbers into it, the same as the text card you already have.

Is the HKC GSM-P a replacement card (inside control box) or is it a stand alone part/unit which needs to be mounted outside the main panel (beige box - not the keypad)??

€320 to buy (pricey!), how much usually for a all-in cost (incl. fitting)? Need to do some maths on the pay off time before jumping in :)

Main reason of thought of change is the ability to switch to UPC phone and BB instead of paying Eircom rental every month and being stuck with pricey sub-standard phone-line BB.

Darando wrote: »
    Is the HKC GSM-P a replacement card (inside control box) or is it a stand alone part/unit which needs to be mounted outside the main panel (beige box - not the keypad)??

€320 to buy (pricey!), how much usually for a all-in cost (incl. fitting)? Need to do some maths on the pay off time before jumping in :)

Main reason of thought of change is the ability to switch to UPC phone and BB instead of paying Eircom rental every month and being stuck with pricey sub-standard phone-line BB.

It is mounted outside the control panel. It comes with two plug on cards that a 6 core cable is connected too so it can communicate with the control panel. Depending on where the best signal is for the unit, it makes it an easy install. The new HKC GSM for the Securewave panel will be a plug on card, it is out in August.

320 Euro for the GSM-P is the best price I have seen in the suppliers, some charge more :eek: Shop around is always the best option as prices can vary when getting any job done on your alarm system.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stoneyxox

is it possible to monitor two panels with one gsmp?????? i am building a new garage to park cars in. i have a 8/12 securewatch in house already. as i am putting in electric doors in garage. i dont want to have to unset the panel manually everytime before i drive into it. so was thinking of putting securewave in new garage and getting keyfob. can my gsmp monitor both buildings or is there a
    cheaper way out of this problem.

stoneyxox wrote: »
    is it possible to monitor two panels with one gsmp?????? i am building a new garage to park cars in. i have a 8/12 securewatch in house already. as i am putting in electric doors in garage. i dont want to have to unset the panel manually everytime before i drive into it. so was thinking of putting securewave in new garage and getting keyfob. can my gsmp monitor both buildings or is there a
    cheaper way out of this problem.

It wont work with the two panels. What you could do is add a quick bridge to your existing alarm and this will allow you add a keyfob to the system.

how does that work and how much are we talking. i know i could text to disarm but overall cost would not be worth it. is it like adding wireless to my 8/12 panel????

how does that work and how much are we talking. i know i could text to disarm but overall cost would not be worth it. is it like adding wireless to my 8/12 panel????

A quick bridge is about €100, two button keyfob about €50. Rough prices only.
    If you contact the suppliers here they will give you a direct price for the components you need.

Yes it is but you will need a free zone to be able to add this plus the engineer code to set up the zone correctly.

yes i have access as i installed myself. what does it involve, does the quickbridge just turn off the one zone or the whole panel will i still need to turn off when i enter house. can i turn off two zones with it? where is it mounted in panel or in garage? was just going to put up pir in garage and also cover doors and windows. can i do this?? also can i run two keyfobs with it? your help is much apprieciated altor. thank you.....

• Advertisement

yes i have access as i installed myself. what does it involve, does the quickbridge just turn off the one zone or the whole panel will i still need to turn off when i enter house. can i turn off two zones with it? where is it mounted in panel or in garage? was just going to put up pir in garage and also cover doors and windows. can i do this?? also can i run two keyfobs with it? your help is much apprieciated altor. thank you.....

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

The quick bridge gets connected to a free zone. This zone is set up as key, which means when you enroll the keyfob it will turn off the entire system. You can add a second fob to the same zone on the quick bridge. The best place to locate it will be decided by the range you need to turn off the alarm so setting this up on a loose cable is the best way to do this. If you don't have many free zones then using ID sensors will allow you the space to add a lot more devices to the panel as they take up points rather than a zone. You can have 10 point ID devices on zone 5,6,7,8. So one cable to the garage will do the lot.

Any problems let us know.

Advertisement