Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers now doing door to door???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

You quoted E1300 as an average figure, I'm suspicious of this as most accounts I see in work only pay E10. And if I have the customer on the phone for whatever reason and mention it to them they usually ask me to cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

18e a month over 3 years, dunno what exactly it works out as. Most 10e accounts would be from street chuggers which usually have a high 'rejection rate', meaning they get cancelled early/immediately. Charities using door to door fundraising usually have more interaction with their subscribers and follow up the donations over set periods. i.e a call every 8months to make sure the donator is happy will the account so far etc etc therefore they maintain more customers over longer periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Charities using door to door fundraising usually have more interaction with their subscribers and follow up the donations over set periods. i.e a call every 8months to make sure the donator is happy will the account so far etc etc therefore they maintain more customers over longer periods.
    So what you're saying is, after being suckered by someone cold calling at the door, your mark can then look forward to unwanted phone calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 davecadcm

Hi all

I did this job during the summer. eh pen wot office were you in???

the average amount of each person signed up is €1080 for an €18 a month donation, which is what is asked for by deaf child worldwide. for this the sales company is paid €72. 30 of which is given to the sales person and 42 is given to the owner of the company. if the person who signes up decides to quit within 5 months of signing up then neither of them gets paid.

the charities directly pay the companys for doing the fundraising but not with the money that is donated. money is set aside each year by a a charity (called a pre allocated fundraising budget) which is used to pay the company. if this money is spent on an advertising campaign it is proven that in 96% of the time this causes a loss (the main exceptions being trocaire and concern around christmas as well as during emergencies) this means that instead of making a loss with this money they make a 1500% profit.

with the case of deaf child worldwide 100% of the money you donate does go to the children because the british deaf foundation pays their administration and fundraising as they are an offshoot of this charity. with MS Ireland the same is true as government grants cover the admin. with trocaire (the newest charity that is going door to door with this company) 91.5% of all money is given to chairty with another 6% being spent on fundraising and 1.5% spent on administration with the rest being spent on missalanious (bad spelling but u get wot i mean. i admit i dont no wot this is spent on)

if you have any other questions let me no. i would be very willing to answer. by the way it is not that glamorous for the guys doing the job. the vast majority do not make minimum wage. you only get €21 cash for each sale as €9 is taken as safety incase the person cancels. my friend who also worked in the summer and was the top sales person in UK/IRL was making around €10/11 per hour. Over the 11 weeks i worked there i earned an average of €3.96 whilst working 68 hours a week (12 hours monday to friday and 8 hours on saterday)

Advertisement