Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PE2008 PS3 Champion

Options
  • 15-07-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

I will get this started , first of all the format is Playstation3 no exceptions at all. The way I'm going to run the competition is groups , with 4 players in 4 groups that's making 16 players in total with the top 2 in each group going through to the knock-out stage.

Their will be one match only in each round. The group stages will run for one week from the day the tournament starts . It is up to each player to organise his or her game against the opponent on a date and time that suits both players , failure to do this will result in a draw.

You can choose either clubs or countries and the time limit will be 10 minutes.

So after the first 16 sign up i will make the draw. Who is up for this ?

Sarge

ps : Signing up first :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'm in.

Online or Offline?

And when will it begin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭poreilly101

I'm in also!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yep, but it only depends on if I get my fùcking Network up! Dirty bastardin' thing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'll sign up for full privileges

EDIT: Sarge, you could use PesRankings.com to host the tourney, it can automate the draws, league standings etc and we can have our own chat room to meet in.

Yeah then we'll be able to shout aload of abuse at each other!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

love to join in lads but I'm a 360 man.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

put me in. barcelona should be banned from the start. makes it more even.

No you can use any team you wish I think, it's your own fault for losing, no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd love to join in. Only recently purchased a PS3 an it came with 3 second hand games and when I try to join the on-line league by entering the code it says the code is already in use.

Nobody knows anyway round this besides having to buy a new game or wait for the new version to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

thats a sh!t system if thats the case! can't believe there's no other option but to buy a new game...more money for konami

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Have got round it. Got a code and password of a mate and it seems to be working. The only problem i have know is that i have moved home for a week while moving house and our broadband seems to slow to connect to anyone online.

As soon as one problem is solved.....!!!!

Sick, hate that! Mmm who is your broadband provider? Some of these lads do house warning connections/upgrades as a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i'll play as soon as i find my PES online code

had to replace my PS3 and thus lost the online login info

now i have to convince konami to give it to me coz i cant find the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Im in.

If someone/anyone wants a game on ps3 pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

There is only 8 names , i really cant believe that there isnt more interest in this.

I'm gonna do my best to get on, it's my half day today, so I've the other half to set this shìt up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Anybody fancy a game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Im in. Eoghan101 is my psn

I got my PSN up, nice one!! My PSN is "cournioni" and my Konami ID (if you need it) is "Nailz".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Is this still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Ya might get more interest if you run it on 360....or wait until the new one comes out in november cos a lot of people offloaded PES for fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

has this started yet, like to join if not to late.

PSN: lpoolfan :D

Why would there be more?....if you were around here when the game first came out you would know i tried this then and got nowhere....... these kind of things wont work until all our friends get PS3's..... cause even if you get strangers, as soon as there out of the running in the groups etc... they don't fulfill there fixtures etc... least if you know them you can make sure everyone plays there games!

im going to attempt to get the networking working on PES 08 tonight, i lost my manual and all the konami support sent me is the user number thing on the back of the manual

so i think i just have to remember what password i used

Why would there be more?....if you were around here when the game first came out you would know i tried this then and got nowhere....... these kind of things wont work until all our friends get PS3's..... cause even if you get strangers, as soon as there out of the running in the groups etc... they don't fulfill there fixtures etc... least if you know them you can make sure everyone plays there games!

very true, people tend to quit and not complete there fixtures when they are doing poorly, which is crap imo. You'd Need guys that are dedicated to it, you'd have more look finding lads on pesrankings but some are cheats on there and cutbackers.

lol cutbackers

all i can say to that is learn to defend, in real life an opponent could could it back, learn to position your defenders

lol cutbackers

all i can say to that is learn to defend, in real life an opponent could could it back, learn to position your defenders

agreed i can defend them it just gets boring playing the same tactic every game :rolleyes:

wouldnt worry about it as long as you beat them

• Advertisement

what has ps3 online play been like lately, aint played in bout 4 months

Advertisement