Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your biggest Arcade to Home conversion disappointments?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I remember tiertex also made an unofficial megadrive sequel to Strider on the megadrive which was absolute pants.
    Was that the one where you'd collect power-ups to turn into Johnny 5 for some reason, and it was worse than just running around with a sword? I think I had that on C64, and yeah, not one of gaming's finest moments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think so. It was incredibly slow and tough, a total sin considering the smooth and super fast controls in Strider 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mortal Kombat on the SNES.

Mortal Kombat II on the Mega Drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Trode wrote: »
    SF2 on any 8-bit is probably the king of this, but Vigilante on the C64 was an astoundingly bad game in it's own right, and was almost unrecognisable as its arcade parent. I can't really call it a disappointment, as I was never a big fan of the original, but if I had been I probably would have flung the machine ouut a window in protest.
    Captain Commando on the SNES was a pretty big disappointment, though. It looked fine, but it was slower and far less crowded than the original, turning one of my favourite arcade games into something that was, if not overly awful, just frustratingly dull.

Sure most 8bit SF2 were awful but with 2 exceptions but the reason with the ports being so bad because of the fact you were comparing a Arcade machine at the time to a console made in the early 1980's that shouldn't have ports made for it but due to the huge popularity of it they were, like in 1992 you had consoles like megadrive,Neo geo,Snes,Pc Engine, Sega cd ect..... but then you had the people with amiga's why i dont know why it wasnt good, and c64.

The PC Engine
    sf2-2.gif
    and Mastersystem
    sf2.gif

Advertisement