Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, defo get speakers off the desk. Nice monitor shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    [im]https://i.imgur.com/fCMg1MZ.jpg[/img]
      GF bought me new speakers, they sound great (AudioEngine A2+) but I think I need to raise them a few inches.

Very nice - what's the yoke beside the monitor with the blue led around the base?
      Headphone charger maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

cradle charger for the wireless mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

last update, Corsair 5000D Airflow and EKWB 360 AIO
      few more small parts coming and thats all for next 5 years (i think)

IlqOB8q.jpeg
      oSXlpEa.jpeg
      FX8V3BW.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

lovely rig :) that AIO looks amazing, is it expandable? btw whats the bike :D

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I haven't added anything here in a while. I've upgrade my system a fair bit since I last posted. I've now a 5950x (gave my 3950x to my son), have 128gb ram, new EK cpu waterblock, new cablemod cables, new Acer X38P ultrawide monitor, new bitspower fittings to improve the loop, new Elgato 4k60pro mk2 capture card etc so I might as well post it.
      PJKa32U.jpg

tnLxOy0.jpg

AuL7qDB.jpg

mhGyo6T.jpg

deceit wrote: »
      I haven't added anything here in a while. I've upgrade my system a fair bit since I last posted. I've now a 5950x (gave my 3950x to my son), have 128gb ram, new EK cpu waterblock, new cablemod cables, new Acer X38P ultrawide monitor, new bitspower fittings to improve the loop, new Elgato 4k60pro mk2 capture card etc so I might as well post it.
      [IM]https://i.imgur.com/PJKa32U.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]https://i.imgur.com/tnLxOy0.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]https://i.imgur.com/AuL7qDB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttps://i.imgur.com/mhGyo6T.jpg[/IMG]

I can't make out where the ram, is there a water cooled plate over it or am I completely blind? Looks like a fine piece of kit though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Shlippery wrote: »
      I can't make out where the ram, is there a water cooled plate over it or am I completely blind? Looks like a fine piece of kit though!
      It has a ram block over it yea, this is it before putting the block on:
      idjYzZi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JuXo

lovely rig :) that AIO looks amazing, is it expandable? btw whats the bike :D

i dont think so its expandable, just normal AIO
      and bike is Canyon Roadlite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

My First ever PC Build today!!!

Don't have a proper GPU yet, have an ancient one pulled out of the old family Dell tower that will hopefully be enough to boot :D

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
      My First ever PC Build today!!!

Don't have a proper GPU yet, have an ancient one pulled out of the old family Dell tower that will hopefully be enough to boot :D

Excellent, make sure you've a plan with the cables - I added one of those commander pros 'after the fact' and the back of my pc now looks like this:
      Z1a26zA.jpg

I'm nearly tempted to buy a new case just to rebuild it with proper cable management. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Excellent, make sure you've a plan with the cables - I added one of those commander pros 'after the fact' and the back of my pc now looks like this:
      Z1a26zA.jpg

I'm nearly tempted to buy a new case just to rebuild it with proper cable management. :pac:

You think that's bad, I should show you the rear of my case with 6 daisy chained rgb fans and no rgb controller....

How'd I do? :Dattachment.php?attachmentid=546485&stc=1&d=1615347201

attachment.php?attachmentid=546486&stc=1&d=1615347201

attachment.php?attachmentid=546487&stc=1&d=1615347201

Oh wow, v clean! Nice job, even more so if its a first build!!

I'd ask if the PSU is upside down- but not sure if it makes much difference!

Thank you. Very first build alright. never even upgraded a tower before, only laptops.

and Yeah the PUS is upside down so that the fan is drawing from the filtered vent underneath the case, tower will be kept off carpet, and hopefully off the floor entirely so should be find for dust and such.

Nice and clean. The mismatched coloured fans on your cooler has triggered my OCD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

2nd PC i ever built... kinda got carried away but I think now it's finally done...at least I can't think of how i'd change it now. Kinda sad the project is over :/

Build Spec:
      https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p8BDNP

Aside from buying a new desk, & staining and varnishing the wood.... i modded a set of IKEA drawers to hide the PC behind. I knew decent airflow would be needed so I re-used ane old decent fan from and older PC, and I use a remote power button/USB hub for any I/O I need do:
      Desk Mod:
      XKSOMOd.jpg

Here's the guts of the PC. The cable mgmt on the other-side is like a rats nest... Being an mATX it's too small a case to be able to do any decent job I think. It didn't matter to me how the PC would look when i started the project considering the PC was going to be hidden away...but buying components...i couldn't resist making it look decent in case i ever change to have the PC on a deck. Fell a little bit down the RGB hole.
      PC Itself: 8FdNn3A.jpg

I use Mac by day for work and PC on down time so it was important to me that my desk could easily swap between them without any effort. Here's how it looks for each:
      Finished Setup:
      5MXVr2G.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corvus4906 wrote: »
      2nd PC i ever built... kinda got carried away but I think now it's finally done...at least I can't think of how i'd change it now. Kinda sad the project is over :/

Build Spec:
      https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p8BDNP

Aside from buying a new desk, & staining and varnishing the wood.... i modded a set of IKEA drawers to hide the PC behind. I knew decent airflow would be needed so I re-used ane old decent fan from and older PC, and I use a remote power button/USB hub for any I/O I need do:
      Desk Mod:
      XKSOMOd.jpg

Here's the guts of the PC. The cable mgmt on the other-side is like a rats nest... Being an mATX it's too small a case to be able to do any decent job I think. It didn't matter to me how the PC would look when i started the project considering the PC was going to be hidden away...but buying components...i couldn't resist making it look decent in case i ever change to have the PC on a deck. Fell a little bit down the RGB hole.
      PC Itself: 8FdNn3A.jpg

I use Mac by day for work and PC on down time so it was important to me that my desk could easily swap between them without any effort. Here's how it looks for each:
      Finished Setup:
      5MXVr2G.jpg

Looks great.

I'd add a monitor arm though as the stand on those monitors are quite chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

That looks awesome.

How do you find switching between Mac and Windows in terms of displays and keyboard and mouse?

Was thinking of doing the same myself. Currently working off both Mac and Windows for work and would like to separate the two.

Mac for work and PC for personal

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

That looks awesome.

How do you find switching between Mac and Windows in terms of displays and keyboard and mouse?

Was thinking of doing the same myself. Currently working off both Mac and Windows for work and would like to separate the two.

Mac for work and PC for personal

Yeah pretty easy to swap between. I didn't need get a switcher or anything luckily.

The displays have an automatic switch based on where they receive input from so all it takes it the PC being turned on/Mac being woken up to activate the relevant connection HDMI (Mac) of DP (PC).

Other than that it's just a case or swapping the mouse/keyboard and turning each on/off when needed.

The black keyboard has 2 different connections (a Logitech 2.4ghz lightspeed dongle which i use for PC) and it also supports bluetooth and there's a button on it to swap so i could just use 1 keyboard for both..but i like using the Apple peripherals when on the mac.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Just finished adding some RGB goodness to my recent build here. I got some Coolermaster RGB fans, Crucial Ballistix RGB ram and a M.2 SSD RGB cooler. Set up the RGB to run a Red pulsing theme to match the Red of the MSI GTX-1080-TI. I'll probably change the colour of the PCI slot covers from white to either red or black. My first new build in a long time, it's my first gaming PC. I tried some overclocking for the first time too, I got a bit of a smile from the results on timespy :-)

Pictures attached. I've also linked a video of the RGB affect here

547479.jpg

547480.jpg

547481.jpg

547485.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Finally made the jump to a new Pc over the weekend after waiting for what felt like years for a gpu! Feeling pretty chuffed with it, can't help but smile every time I look through that glass panel! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Shuttle.jpg
      Shuttle dh370
      Specs are
      INTEL Core i9 8 core 16 thread,
      32 gb 2666 ram,
      2tb nvme ssd hdd primary,
      2tb 2.5 inch ssd hdd secondary.
      Beautifully compact build. About the size of an old style external dvd-rom.
      Cost me €1300 including shipping all in. I already had a 4k monitor.
      It zips along nicely without any flashing lights, showing off or fanfare.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
      How'd I do? :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=546486&stc=1&d=1615347201

attachment.php?attachmentid=546487&stc=1&d=1615347201

She is finished!
      ROG Strix 3070 8OC White
      I regret nothing!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=547890&stc=1&d=1616521924

attachment.php?attachmentid=547891&stc=1&d=1616521946

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

How much were the fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had a good laugh at this pricing error on MemoryC :pac:

31c2pdgfu0p61.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I mean, go to ebay any day of the week. You'll need a saline drip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

RzKI9Gth.jpg
      Vertically mounted the 3080. Switched the custom loop for the nzxt z73. Need to tidy up the aio cables and get 3 more fans for intake at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Very nice. Did you not get many combs with your cable kit though?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

BloodBath wrote: »
      Very nice. Did you not get many combs with your cable kit though?
      Came with 3 combs per cable. I need to try and sort out the 24 pin a bit better

Advertisement