Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noobturnal thread*New posters to the nocturnal forum come here for introductions!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Hi everyone, Im new here
    *looks for the light switch*
    :)

Welcome. Also great match of name and avatar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Hi everyone, Im new here

Come on in! Welcome! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Are those cookies for everyone? :o
    Indeed they are
    Hi everyone, Im new here
    You better off lighting a candle. Welcome to the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Hmmm, a night time people place -cool!

Welcome friend

• Advertisement

Welcome fenris! Enjoy! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

fenris wrote: »
    Hmmm, a night time people place -cool!
    Nice to see another lupine around these parts. Welcome child of Loki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Welcome to the forum Fenris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Thank you for the welcomes, I can't believe that I have been hanging around boards for nearly 10 years without finding my way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Greetings !!!

And have a Valiturnal day too ! :)

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Greetings !!!

And have a Valiturnal day too ! :)
    Welcome aboard

Welcome!! :)

Welcome MugMugs

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

New to this part of the forum, love the dark time! Studies Polysomnography for 3 years ~ that is the sleep study, you know, the ones that hook all those wires to your head and read wiggly lines on a computer when you sleep to see what going on?!

There really are night and morning people, not just hearsay!

Great to meet you all, can I have a cookie? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

There really are night and morning people, not just hearsay!

Great to meet you all, can I have a cookie? :)

Sounds like a pretty awesome job! Welcome! :)
    *hands him the mighty plate of cookies*

Welcome Collard, that sounds quite interesting, you're in the right forum anyhow :p

Cookies!!
    cookiemp.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome!

BTW, I'm a "she" and I'm not doing that kind of work now (wish I were). Just maybe I can help if anyone has any questions on narcoleptic, apnea, night terrors, seizures or other sleep issues.

Just part time work now in something non related, not much work in the small town I moved to after a death in the family.

Nights are so nice, so quite.

cookies are good, I'll bring some ice cream later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

BTW, I'm a "she" and I'm not doing that kind of work now (wish I were). Just maybe I can help if anyone has any questions on narcoleptic, apnea, night terrors, seizures or other sleep issues.

Typical n00bie mistake, sorry. u_u;

I've been an insomniac for almost eight years now, so I'd gladly give my body over for science. And that time with the lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis wasn't fun either though could make an interesting case study. I'll do it for the ice cream! :D

the lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis

Horribly frightening. You lay there, you are awake but cannot move a muscle. No cure but if you realize what is happening then it might not be as scary, after all you WILL come out of it.

Darkness & melatonin are both the best to induce sleep. On the melatonin, 2mg will not touch most insomniacs. I take 5-10mg and it does help plus melatonin has other benifits, google it, great stuff. BTW, if you get the cheap stuff you will get what you pay for, I order mine off line to save.

These computers are about the worse thing you can do to try to sleep because of the light but I'm just as guilty. As long as your awake you might as well talk with others right?!

Now ice cream....ice cream helps anybody sleep :)

Welcome CG!

Join in the fun in the Lair late at night. We need some fresh blood in there :)

• Advertisement

Welcome!! :D

These computers are about the worse thing you can do to try to sleep because of the light but I'm just as guilty.

Now ice cream....ice cream helps anybody sleep :)

Try installing .Flux, it changes the screen brightness from a white light to a more organge/yellow apparently. I've noticed less headaches and eye strain when using it late at night, best of all is it's free.

Ice cream helping you sleep, is that scientifically proven?
    *clutches tub of Ben and Jerrys* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I am one of you now. I have become a baker over the last few months and working days begin earlier and earlier. It's very quiet everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Welcome Swampy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Why thank you.

While I'm on my own in the bakery in the early mornings, I do enjoy the solitude of it. Hopefully won't be long before I can hire someone to share the work though.

It a bit rough on the family life when you go to bed the same time as your toddler.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard swampy, nice to see another baker in here

Welcome friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Heylo peoples!! Decided to start using my account here more, been very absent!

• Advertisement

akamossy wrote: »
    Heylo peoples!! Decided to start using my account here more, been very absent!

Welcome friend. Check out The Lair :)

Advertisement