Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pouring rain in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bucketing down here for the last few hours. 11.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jaysus this summer is giving the last one a run for its money and I thought that was a one in 10 year type bad!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rain getting heavier here 5mm so far.
    Rain rate going up all the while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

2 words, short rope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull damp start cleared up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain pouring down here.

Clearing up now but 14.7mm was dumped.
    Temp rising 13.2C

Warm in the sun - kinda humid even.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Dry here with the sun trying to break through at times but the radar echo is pretty impressive atm- NI is getting hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, the rain really has pepped up in the north. I'd say there are quite a few thunderstorms banging away there. And some pretty impressive rainfall totals too, I'd imagine. Meanwhile here in Inchicore, there has just been an unexpected downpour. unexpected in that there is nothing of significance on the radar and it seems quite local too. Lights just flickered so not sure if there was just a flash of lightning somewhere nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, the rain really has pepped up in the north. I'd say there are quite a few thunderstorms banging away there. And some pretty impressive rainfall totals too, I'd imagine. Meanwhile here in Inchicore, there has just been an unexpected downpour. unexpected in that there is nothing of significance on the radar and it seems quite local too. Lights just flickered so not sure if there was just a flash of lightning somewhere nearby.

Tipping down here for last half hour.

Mike.

Theres a bright yoke in the sky that hurts my eyes when I look directly at it, not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Clearance finally reached here, temperature on the rise , currently 13.6°C, warmest of the day!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Its been cloud, rain, cloud, sun, cloud etc for the last 3 hours.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's been uninterrupted sunshine in Galway today

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

top temperature today was 18.9

apart from one light shower, it was fine all day.

Max temp of 15.3C
    15.2mm of rainfall.
    Just 100mm more rain and i will break last July's total.:D

Well records are meant to be broken aren't they:eek:

I spy with my mince pie something beginning withhhhhhhhh... R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Woke up this morning to a bit of frost on the car, tis madness!

Nice sunshine out with the sun rising before the rain comes.

• Advertisement

Cool crisp moring after a chilly night, overnight low was 5.4°C h is amazing for July.
    I see Mullingar got down to 3.6°C last night which will take some beating this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A sharp contrast to yesterday morning which had a good mist whilst I was going for the train following by a day of persistent rain.

The sun is out this morning in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Hi Guys

Just signed up today, beautiful morning here not a cloud in the sky, yesterday while the East coast got the heavy rain it was a great day here with light South Westerly winds and a temp of 19 degrees and clear blue sky.

This weekend looks like a washout

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just signed up today, beautiful morning here not a cloud in the sky, yesterday while the East coast got the heavy rain it was a great day here with light South Westerly winds and a temp of 19 degrees and clear blue sky.

This weekend looks like a washout
    Good to have your input here too mate. Welcome to the forum.

Lovely morning here with lots of Cirrocumulus above.
    However the first signs of whats to come.

Its a fine morning, so I'm waiting for the rain.

Clouded in around lunchtime but rain slow to turn up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

First drops of rain have just reached here, very light though.

High of 18.6C earlier in pleasent sunshine, now overcast and down to 15.3C in a light easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah, noticed a few specs hitting my arms. Packed up the tools for today.

Its steady and moderatly heavy here for the last hour.

Mike.

Started raining here too, very light though so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rain just arrived here, very light and undramatic. Darker clouds sliding to the west and southwest and missing here. Have to admit I am looking forward to winter more and more, at least the weather is more exciting (last winter excluded of course).

16.3c
    69%rh
    1008.7 mb falling much too slowly.

Advertisement