Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend is down in the dumps lately.

Options
  • 01-07-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is a bit down in the dumps over the past few days and I want to try and do something to cheer her up. Has anyone got any good ideas?

With our "booming" economy these days, money will be a bit of an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Probably better suited to PI.

What does she like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Dinner (you cook). Flowers and/or chocolates if budget allows you don't have to go mad even cheapy ones from a garage will have a good effect. Now don't laugh but maybe doing some house work for her so she doen't have to do it, i'm not implying that women do all the house work what i mean is instead of just doing your stuff do hers aswell. Try a nice walk. Most importantly a nice good chat to find out whats getting her down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

I'll get the compulsory let her catch you with her best mate/sister one in shall i

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Give her my number[pm] and I'll show her a good time.
    :pac:

[oblig]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

cook her dinner. doesnt have to be tasty, just make sure she says you made a real fuss over her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Buy a new tablecloth, some flowers, some wine and some candles and make her dinner so that when she gets home it's all ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Borrow a mate's really flash car, rock up to the house and tell her you've won the lottery. Inform her of your plans to spoil her.

Then break the news a week later once she's on a major high, crushing her spirits once and for all. That'll teach her to moan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭valz_walsh

A nice bubble bath, with extra bubbles, and some candles, and then a nice home made dinner after. Even something like a lasagne would do, you could buy the all in one packs in Dunnes or Tesco, and there's the cooking instructions on the back. Easy.

Well thats what Id like anyway. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Baldie wrote: »
    My girlfriend is a bit down in the dumps over the past few days and I want to try and do something to cheer her up. Has anyone got any good ideas?

Why not tell her to stop visiting the dump

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The old dinner is a good plan. If the weather was better I'd suggest a picnic. Cheap as chips and the fresh air does wonders. Even with the rain, maybe meet her in town for lunch but bring a packed one with goodies you know she likes and go to stephens green and have a quicky picnic under the bandstand. In fact if it's raining there'll be fewer people about and cuddle time increases in the rain anyway.

Another one, if you have loads of photos of the pair of you then scan em into a computer and print them off as a collage of your time together. A cheapo frame completes it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Tell her you love her. They're words, and are free to use. Wont cost you a cent.*

*this poster will not be responsible if these words lead to expensive wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭seandugg

valz_walsh wrote: »
    A nice bubble bath, with extra bubbles, and some candles, and then a nice home made dinner after. Even something like a lasagne would do, you could buy the all in one packs in Dunnes or Tesco, and there's the cooking instructions on the back. Easy.

Well thats what Id like anyway. Good luck.

oooooooo EXTRA Bubbles, Dunnes, Tesco!!!! you romantic you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Well she's at home at the moment and I'm at work, so she'll have dinner ready when I get home, so there goes that plan.

I was thinking of the bubble bath as well myself, so I might try that, with a few candles.

I can dose the young lady (1 year old) with calpol so that should put her out for the count fairly quickly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Satisfy her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Thrill wrote: »
    Tell her you love her. They're words, and are free to use. Wont cost you a cent.*

*this poster will not be responsible if these words lead to expensive wedding

Sorry, I beat you too it, wedding is already booked, so you're off the hook on that one.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

surprise buttsecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Cake, a huge cake, made mostly from chocolate, with melty chocolate fudge between the layers or an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

kyub wrote: »
    surprise buttsecks?

Probably better off not going with this one, otherwise you could end up in prison getting a lot of surprise buttsecks of your own!! :eek:

Yup, a picnic in the sun sounds great, followed by a romantic walk. I sometimes go to the shops "for milk" buy my wife a girly magazine and some chocolate, come back, make a cup of tea and give her the tea, mag and chocolate and tell her to sit in the conservatory and unwind while I do some cleaning/cooking etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Depending on where you live, a picnic by the sea/park/forest would be so nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah, just not today :\

• Advertisement

Anywhere apart from the dump* :D

* Promise that's the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Buy her a dildo. If that doesn't cheer her up she can go fcuk herself. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Is she down in the dump or having a dump? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Is she down in the dump or having a dump? :confused:

HEY HEY! That's a very sensitive issue. @OP: Have you considered adult diapers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I sometimes go to the shops "for milk" buy my wife a girly magazine and some chocolate, come back, make a cup of tea and give her the tea, mag and chocolate and tell her to sit in the conservatory and unwind while I do some cleaning/cooking etc. :)

This is probably the best idea you're going to get out of this thread. Nice thought r3nu4l :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Sorry, I beat you too it, wedding is already booked, so you're off the hook on that one.... :D

well may be that's the problem. the wedding is looming and she has changed her mind and doesnt know how to tell you.

i say cut your loses and run tbh

Hmm, think I see the problem here, your best man is probably banging her like a screen door in a hurricane and she just wants out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

/typical AH response:
    try anal

/non typical response:
    give her a creditcard and send her shopping with her friends..

(itl cost you a fortune but will cheer her up)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

As already said, cook her favorite meal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Hard to know OP as it's an individual thing but if you were my partner and if a babysitter was not an option I'd appreciate a movie you think I'd like and a bottle of wine to watch it with or even just a cup of tea or hot choc if funds can't stretch. You could organise this while she's soaking in the bath. Hats off that you want to make the effort to cheer her up. V nice of you.

:)

Advertisement