Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY HD Box only €149

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

So does this HD offer apply to existing customers? I know the Sky+ one doesn't but it doesn't say anything about the HD Box on the website.
    A bit silly really if it does - why would an existing customer pay €149 for SKy+ if they can get HD for the same price??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

norbert64 wrote: »
    they showed Batman last nite from 1989, lol.

I see what you're saying though.

I guess I just keep thinking of TPTB sticking a DVD in some industrial player and broadcasting that, lol.

probably a ned hd transfer from film, film having more rsolution thqan hd no problem making hd transfers of old movies, look at the longest day, lawrence of arabia, both on hd, zulu restored for hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

€149 for HD and €49 for Sky+ for new customers.

However, a friend of mine (already a Sky customer) got a quote of the €149 for HD from a local installer, so it's worth asking the question. I got Sky+ for free (installation only) a couple of years during a promotion where you had to but a tv ovr €500 or something like that. I just went to an installer who didn't sell tvs and he did the job.

Still undecided on this one, but surely HD won't be any cheaper for some time...........problem is the extra €15 a month :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Dr. Nick wrote: »

However, a friend of mine (already a Sky customer) got a quote of the €149 for HD from a local installer, so it's worth asking the question. I got Sky+ for free (installation only) a couple of years during a promotion where you had to but a tv ovr €500 or something like that. I just went to an installer who didn't sell tvs and he did the job.

Still undecided on this one, but surely HD won't be any cheaper for some time...........problem is the extra €15 a month :(
    Thread merged with existing one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Dr. Nick wrote: »

€149 +€50 is SKYs price. Some other dealers have quoted me up to €399 + €120 ..
    My advice is stick with SKY . I have never seen a local installer undercut them. Installation from SKY seems quicker as well. Ordered mine Monday evening Installation is tomorrow morning. Any local installers were 2 weeks plus with no definite date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Some dealers merely are not partaking in the HD offer, due to the amount of time it can take and hassle to get reimbursed from SKY for equipment etc.

As with any purchases, shop around.

Advertisement