Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Diesel/Petrol Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

either way carlow is at least 5c a litre cheaper than any of the naas road garages, so don't get caught those commuting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

good point, to carlow for the cheap petrol, anyone want to buy petrol on the quay side in dublin? lol:D

aynon wrote: »
    good point, to carlow for the cheap petrol, anyone want to buy petrol on the quay side in dublin? lol:D

actually thats near enough to carlow prices these days since the new owners took it over

new owners? what when?

new owners? what when?

top have it now, someone else for the last few months before that, its been reasonably priced since about July now.

• Advertisement

im shocked and amazed!

im shocked and amazed!

ill see later the prices, think was 120 diesel and 115 petrol there last week.

wow thats actually good, i remember that it was like 130 when nearly every other station in the country was only going for 100

wow thats actually good, i remember that it was like 130 when nearly every other station in the country was only going for 100

for ages they were 179.9 as much as 50/60c a litre more than every where else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Posting suspicions, not good... I get my fuel there sometimes too. I can tell you that I do not notice the differance between that fuel and the one on the hacketstown road.

Unless you had some tests done I don't think it is fair for you to post like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

It was 115.9 when I drove by earlier. Big change from the way it was for the last few years.

Posting suspicions, not good... I get my fuel there sometimes too. I can tell you that I do not notice the differance between that fuel and the one on the hacketstown road.

Unless you had some tests done I don't think it is fair for you to post like that.

some fuels work better in certain cars, I know which diesel I get the most mileage from, and Keenan's I don't get what I want from a tank so I don't use it.

thats not suspicions thats what works for my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

112.1 petrol in topaz on dublin road

damn....im gotta fill up tomorrow to there! which topaz their both on the dublin road, the one outside town or the one near town?

damn....im gotta fill up tomorrow to there! which topaz their both on the dublin road, the one outside town or the one near town?

the one outside town, closes at 9, i missed it but there prices will be tomorrow again, there doing a pure maxol again. you'd nearly wanna sit outside and watch there prices again. diesel was 118.9 but was closed there. maxol o brien road 121.9 for diesel, and 115.9 petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

One is on green lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

some Q at the pumps in carlow this evening lads..... to be honest i think its all a joke what there after doing putting petrol up by 8 cent, talk about taking the biscuit and gettin up on my back and having me do taxi.

Anyways lets keep it going to see where the cheapest petrol in the county is, i always shop around......

true.

maxol was 117.9 there petrol still 2c a litre cheaper than diesel.

whats up with that stayin like that

• Advertisement

whats up with that stayin like that

well they were 112.9 earlier today so they added 7 cent tonight and you can bet it'll be up in the morning again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

did diesel stay the same price? I filled up lastnight anyway but.... Did diesel escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Yeah Diesel managed to escape the raise, starting to think I mite start driving the wife's car from now on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

yep 8 cent on petrol only. Road tax up 4% on under 2.5ltr and 5% over

some places dont seem to have it up yet, byt the highest i saw petrol this morning was in castledermot at 126.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

and here I was thinking I'd go back to driving a petrol.
    Think I'll be sticking with the diesel so.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Lets give credit where it is due. I planned to go out and fill up last night but I got lazy and forgot. However just a few minutes ago I was passing Topaz on the Dublin road (Toyota garage) and their price is 112.9. They have not put up their prices at all. They were mad busy until midnight last night :).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

I do NOT work for the garage . I have been looking at the site for a long time but just never posted before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Lets give credit where it is due. I planned to go out and fill up last night but I got lazy and forgot. However just a few minutes ago I was passing Topaz on the Dublin road (Toyota garage) and their price is 112.9. They have not put up their prices at all. They were mad busy until midnight last night :).

That station seems to change its prices like a whore's knickers throughout the day.

• Advertisement

yeh they are the cheapest about now since the maxol story in the nationailist
    I do NOT work for the garage . I have been looking at the site for a long time but just never posted before

welcome to the carlow forum quiet lurker
    testicle wrote: »
    That station seems to change its prices like a whore's knickers throughout the day.

yep it's great if you get either of them at the right time

Advertisement