Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell xps m1330

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah, sure the horror stories are always what you'll hear, satisfied customers tend to be quiet and content.
    In my house we've had a whole load of fun toys over the years... the Dell ones are all still in use while practically every other brand has fallen by the wayside over the same time period. The only non-Dell in the house is a Sony lappy which was horribly overpriced in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Ah, sure the horror stories are always what you'll hear, satisfied customers tend to be quiet and content.
    In my house we've had a whole load of fun toys over the years... the Dell ones are all still in use while practically every other brand has fallen by the wayside over the same time period. The only non-Dell in the house is a Sony lappy which was horribly overpriced in my opinion.

Frankie i think you're dead right regards happy customers tending to stay quieter, however what i'm really annoyed with is dells complete lack of support and service. I know problems happen with every brand but dell seem to have gone out of their way to make it difficult for me to get a technician to fix it. I'm also annoyed how they can offer you a next business day warranty for a considerably amount more when they have no way of providing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

LolaDub wrote: »
    Thanks! They have said i can have a technician but they keep changing their mind when. They said it would be today and i have today off work but then the voicemail says Tues or Wed, can't get through to anyone in Ireland to find out when and i can't take another day off work this week. I emailed tech support but no answer :(

I don't think i would buy dell again after this.

See the trick to buying dell is that they are for cheaper laptops and desktops. I just bought their cheapest laptop at the time(well, the cheapest 14.1" screen one). Got rid of vista and popped on xp. This was a year ago. Not too many problems except the charge going, had to pay for its replacement.

The most important thing is not to pay for a fancy warrenty or support. If you are getting a nice cheap machine you should be grand. Most people know someone who can have a bash at fixing software and as was said above they cover hardware under the standard warrenty.

But I have to say that i despise dealing with India. I was very tempted to buy a new laptop rather than have to deal with india to buy a new charger from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I bought 1330 of the outlet. No problems. Still have Vista on it, but I have another machine with XP. So I didn't bother switching the 1330 back to XP.

I also wouldn't pay extra for support, most of it I can do myself. Any hardware you just send the laptop back. Buy it cheap and don't pay for extra's.

I don't bother with ringing them. I can't understand them. I do everything by email. Even with email the Indian guys often get confused. It just takes patience to let exhaust their scripts, that done you usually get what you want fixed/replaced.

LolaDub why don't you just threaten them with the small claims court if its not working. Why mess about? They've had their chance.

Thanks for the suggestion! The problem is that things keep breaking on it. So i complain about 2 or 3 problems, they get fixed, a few days later something else breaks. This has happened twice and now the mousepad and dvd drive are broken but dell won't accept the computer should be replaced. The warranty thing is really bugging me as everyone knows, i'm not sure if a small claims court would take that up?

I'm really bad at computers and a tech at work helped pick this out so i'd get a really good machine but from here on i'll just get the most basic machine to suit me. When this gets sorted i'll probably just sell it to be honest! How much did you pay in the outlet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Sorry for taking so long getting back to ye. Im still having problems with the wireless. Dell tech are doing the usual uninstall and reinstall and it works for a while. Am waiting for them to ring me back (they said 7 last night) Il keep ye updated anyway.

The only dell people to ring me back were the first guy who showed me how to leave my husband in ten easy steps and another guy who rang me at midnight. I finally got someone to say yes your computer might be faulty but maybe we should try new parts, so i've gotten a new screen, new motherboard, new charger and i will be getting new dvd drive, keypad and mousepad. Pretty much a new computer anyway!

Good Luck Dermot!

LolaDub wrote: »
    ...How much did you pay in the outlet?
    I assume you're asking me? About 520 for DualCore2 1.5Ghz 2GB/160GB.

Sorry yes it was you i was asking. Thats great value-i see where i'll be purchasing the computers next time!!

The outlet isn't always cheaper. You have to wait for a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i have mine about 4 months without an issue, T7500, 2.2GHz, 2GB ram and running vista, led screen etc.

Very happy with it. Got mine direct from dell, with a voucher code and epp it came out much cheaper than the ones on the outlet at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Just Friend

copacetic wrote: »
    i have mine about 4 months without an issue, T7500, 2.2GHz, 2GB ram and running vista, led screen etc.

Very happy with it. Got mine direct from dell, with a voucher code and epp it came out much cheaper than the ones on the outlet at the time.

Hi Copacetic,
    Last year in ferbruary I purchased an Inspiron Laptop from dell with epp offer . Now i am looking to purchase a XPS420 desktop but its seems EPP doesnt offer anything with xps desktops. Do you have any voucher code for july? also please let me know if anyway EPP works.

just a friendly question to you, is it good to buy from dell outlet?

Thanks

Advertisement