Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retirement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

amp wrote: »
    Hello gentle boardsfolk. This is one of those meandering posts full of fluff. The important part is in bold.

Nine years is a long time. It's nearly a decade. It's also 3 times 3. But I digest.

I, for reasons unknown, especially to myself, have drifted away from the boards more than a moderator should. I have told myself that I am taking a backseat to the excellent moderators of the Games category, and considered myself backup during the time when most of them are asleep.

But the reported posts are getting on my nerves, especially from the ****ing poker forum. And especially from that stupid asshole Roundtower who reports ****ing everything!

I will still be around, I will attend the odd boards beers, but I must face the fact that the addiction I once had to boards is gone.

But I must acknowledge the reality that my life has been transformed by this website, this community of communities. I have made friends for life here and have also gotten laid. What more could I ask for?

I don't know.

All I do know is that allowing myself to remain a moderator when I don't visit boards regularly would be hypocritical and wrong. The people of boards deserve better.

So, without further twaddle, I hereby resign as moderator from all the forums I currently moderate, effective immediately. I made my mind up on this months ago and have merely been stalling in case moderators got some sort of share deal if boards got sold. Irony demands that this happen next week.

I would like to thank the Admins (glory be their names) for creating boards and holding fast to their principles during the decade that boards has been in operation. I would also like to thank the moderators of the Games Category for being so good, as to make me redundant anyway. I would especially like to thank Nekkidbibleman and Monument who have carried on the spirit of the Games forum.

I have one last request. The reported posts from the poker forum should not be sent to the Category Moderator. In fact, the Poker forum does not belong in the Games forum. It is culturally a million miles away from the rest of the Game category. Sort that **** out, for the love of god.

(without further twaddle eh?)

Cheery bye ;)

Such drama. Says it all about you really.
    Sanity and impartiality restored. Finally.

Rb wrote: »
    Jaysus I'd say those hawk-like mods are salivating right now :)

Vultures, not hawks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Myth wrote: »
    Vultures, not hawks :)
    Whoops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

:(

Best of luck amp. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'd noticed you hadn't been posting as much. All things must come to pass.
    amp wrote: »
    And especially from that stupid asshole Roundtower who reports ****ing everything!

It's things like this I'll miss the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mike65 wrote: »
    Are we sure this thread isn't an AMP test? :eek:
    Was thinking this myself.

=-=

Have a good one Amp, and hopes the future brings you new forums hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hmmm, I meant to post this to the Moderators forum, but hey Feedback is cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Amp = Boards Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Best of luck, not that you'll be going anywhere, you'll still be lurking around.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

motivator5044935.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Best of luck!

Have to say that is def one of the most thanked post's I've seen...and has to be the highest thanks to thanked in post ratio,lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Farewell, oh infinitely wise moderator of The Cuckoo's Nest. :(
    Your "Stupidity Filter" thread was one of the best I've ever seen on boards.
    I'll miss your sarcastic bastardy putdowns and completely random babbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Thanks for the effort AMP. I hope to see you posting more now that you are unburdened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sorry to see you go Amp. You brought real personality and humour to boards. It'll be a little duller around here without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

:eek::eek:

Good luck amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

G'luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tulip178

Hi

Yes indeed

tulip

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont think he's completely leaving, as I understand it he's stepping back from Modding due to irregularity of visits.

One of the best mods we've had on Boards and pretty much personally responsible for TCN which, when I created it, I only had one Mod in mind for it.

So much more I could say but I wont... everyone deserves a retirement.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

De mod and then Up to Smod. That would be a decent Golden Hand shake.

The he can do a Trojan :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Papad wrote: »
    Oh, get off your high horse, The_Rigger wants it back! Sanity is greatly over-rated.

Teh Nesters will miss teh schizophrenic Voice of the Glorious Leader! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

DeVore wrote: »
    I dont think he's completely leaving, as I understand it he's stepping back from Modding due to irregularity of visits.

One of the best mods we've had on Boards and pretty much personally responsible for TCN which, when I created it, I only had one Mod in mind for it.

So much more I could say but I wont... everyone deserves a retirement.
    An Admin licking a CMod's butt. Now thats one for the book. :D

nevf wrote: »
    An Admin licking a CMod's butt. Now thats one for the book. :D
    Hush now! Their private life should be just that ... private! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

+1000000

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can forward on the reported posts from the poker forum if you want or give you a weekly synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best of luck, Amp. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can we be like JD and Dr. Cox in Scrubs wherein your comical pretense of hating me climaxes in my unbanning from the entire games category and a mutual unspoken feeling of love?

Can we be like JD and Dr. Cox in Scrubs wherein your comical pretense of hating me climaxes in my unbanning from the entire games category and a mutual unspoken feeling of love?

Freudian analysis ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I could, just as easily have made them comments as well, but I decided not to, and to give amp a good send-off at least, but I can't say I dissagree.

I, too, found amp to be an absolute w@nker, and indeed amp found me to be a total dumbass. But thats the way life goes I suppose.

I remember back in the day of being a n00b, I got banned for life from the TCN because I posted in the stupidity filter, but in no place whatsoever did it say I was going to get banned if I posted there. (BTW - turn on your sarcasm detectors for that paragraph).

Still waiting for that PM from amp to tell me I'm banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

At 1st ... :eek:

Now ... :(

Bye amp, will always remember putting makeup on you at my first beers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement