Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put on 15 kilos in 2 months :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Vegeta wrote: »
    It is an old scales (non digital type) maybe it needs replacing. I have done it no favours by stepping on it a few times with about 95kg on my back. Don't really care about accuracy as long as i can track growth and loss with it
    QUOTE]

Just curious - why would you step on a scales with 95kg on your back ? Is the 95kg another person ???

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

dave80 wrote: »
    (is it the same scales your using), the runners and shorts could account for nearly 2 kg's

I'll weigh them on their own tonight and let ya know what they are

Money Shot wrote: »
    Just curious - why would you step on a scales with 95kg on your back ?

Curiosity, its a barbell with plates on it.

I'll weigh them on their own tonight and let ya know what they are

asics runners are approx 350 grams each and the shorts are slightly over 200, all in under a kg.

used digital kitchen scales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

Weighed myslef last night and was well over ten and a half stone, nearing 70kgs. This morn I followed what Vegeta said and weighed myself a and I was more like 66/67kgs! Going to track my weight in the morns from now on and buying a digital camera as well to track changes! Defo helps with the motivation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Curiosity, its a barbell with plates on it.

Sorry to labour it, but still curious. If you know what a barbell with plates weight (i.e 95kgs), why would you step on a scales with it on your back ?

I think I'm missing something very obvious here.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Sorry to labour it, but still curious. If you know what a barbell with plates weight (i.e 95kgs), why would you step on a scales with it on your back ?

Maybe all his plates are in lbs or he has a mix of lbs and kgs, and didn't want to do the Maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Michealtheninth

wow amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Ok...I've been holding this back for a day now, but I have to ask now as my curiosity is getting the better of me.

To me (inexperienced) it just looks like he put on fat (particularly around the stomach area)
    Am I missing something?

OP, no criticism of you , Im probably way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Here's the thing - unreggd irrespective of what kind of 'weight' you put on, the simple fact is you look a lot better in the second photo than you did in the first. My goodness, you had a waist that Dita von Teese would have spent years trying to achieve! You had very low levels of body fat and now you seem fuller and healthier looking than you did before.

It is, however, highly unlikely that you gained more than 10lbs of lean muscle mass in the course of 2 months, physiologically speaking and even accounting for newbie gains it's just not realistic.

But don't let that detract from your progress. Keep an eye on your bodyfat, and if you begin to get more... 'jiggly' than you're comfortable with then cut back on the calories a little. At the end of the day you feel better (and look better) so use that progress and continue in the right direction. Your diet is fairly good after all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

wow amazing
    Don't make me call Carlisle gym and warn that poor chick.

Stay gone.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Dragan wrote: »
    Stay gone.;)
    According to your own rules you just flirted with creepy stalker dude.

Sicko :pac:

/OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

g'em wrote: »
    According to your own rules you just flirted with creepy stalker dude.

Sicko :pac:

/OT

I find his commitment to his task to be a massive turn on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

At best,most people should be gaining about 0.5kg of muscle mass a week,according to IRFU nutrition.That would be roughly 4kg of muscle over 2 months,with maybe 2-3kg of fat.Typically,that would mean you should've gained about 6-7kgs in weight.That would be a good gain imo.

But gaining 15kgs in 8 weeks is not right imo.I'm not being offensive or anything,but it just doesn't seem right.That means you were gaining almost 2kg a week!!I think you were probably gaining around 1.5 kilos of fat maybe?I just don't see how else you could have gained 15kg in 8 weeks!!:confused:

It was a pointless exercise done (by the engineer in me) to see if the 95kg weighed 95kg or not.

Of course the accuracy of my scales was the limiting factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

g'em wrote: »
    Here's the thing - unreggd irrespective of what kind of 'weight' you put on, the simple fact is you look a lot better in the second photo than you did in the first. My goodness, you had a waist that Dita von Teese would have spent years trying to achieve! You had very low levels of body fat and now you seem fuller and healthier looking than you did before.

It is, however, highly unlikely that you gained more than 10lbs of lean muscle mass in the course of 2 months, physiologically speaking and even accounting for newbie gains it's just not realistic.

But don't let that detract from your progress. Keep an eye on your bodyfat, and if you begin to get more... 'jiggly' than you're comfortable with then cut back on the calories a little. At the end of the day you feel better (and look better) so use that progress and continue in the right direction. Your diet is fairly good after all ;)
    Yeah, im sure i put on a bit of fat, ive been eatin like a horse, but thats a good thing

I guess its jus a big change as I went from a crappy program with feckall and crap food to the opposite

but yeah, im happy :)

and no more shakira hips :p
    My abs seem to respond well to exercise so im gna take advantage of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

Great progess unreggd!! Clearly diet is paramount. I'm recently back into my gym/programm bigtime again (was doing exams recently so had to take it easy for a few months, surprising how much I've 'shrunk' in that time!) Anyways, what's your reg fitness/weights programme, if you don't mind me asking? Just want to get a feel for what you're doing, seeing as you made great progress - I'm eager to get back to where I was ASAP! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I constantly change it but heres the base i work with:

Assisted Chins [2 diff grips]
    Assisted Dips

Bench Press
    (Still on a light weight as I had to stop any chest exercises for the past 6 months)

Shrugs [barbell & dumbells]

Torso Rotation [machine]
    Leg raises

Back extension

Have an assessment on Monday so gonna add Squats & Deadlifts
    Also gonna start doin one or 2 Abs classes / week

If im waiting for equipment to free up, i'd usually do some isolation sets for my arms

Advertisement