Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first aeg and why

Options
  • 22-06-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

This may have been done before, but I'm tired, and slightly drunk, so I don't know.

Inspired by hearing how many dboys m4's are sold in eirsoft, and recent threads on new aegs, I wonder, what did you guys get first, and why?

My first was a galaxy mp5k pdw, I got two hi-caps with it giving a total of three, and a fancy battery.
    I never scirmished it and sold it ages ago.

I got it because I had started reading the forum, and had been reading reviews and news on new clones etc. and the galaxy had been recently released, and was getting rave reviews for its cost and pretty decent quality.
    I liked that it came with two mags, and that rsov did a two mag deal, so I got it all from them, I also like that the stock was removable, and when attached foldable.
    I liked the mp5k from Goldeneye (yes sad) so went for it, first aeg, great fun.

Then I got a dboys m4 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

My first was a dboys m4.
    Not quite sure why tbh i just wanted to get started asap and shiva had a few in stock so i went for it.
    Its as common as muck nowadays but i love it none the less:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Mweelrea wrote: »
    My first was a dboys m4.
    Not quite sure why tbh i just wanted to get started asap and shiva had a few in stock so i went for it.
    Its as common as muck nowadays but i love it none the less:)

I hated mine for awhile, but since I chopped the barrel its just a different aeg in my eyes, different look, so Its my favorite again :D

dboys is a good starter alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

My first Airsoft was an M4
    Andy on my team gave me his,
    I don't even know what brand it is as the make was gone on it, I'm assuming a Dboys

I still use it without fail most weekends.
    Best gun I've had so far, and I get new ones, but I always come back to using the M4, even after 8 months of skirmishing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

KWA G36c, did a load of research and knew I wanted the G36c, finally went into MIA and tried the JG and the KWA, jus preferred the look of the finish on the KWA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

My first was a TM G3 SG1 bought from airsoft Scotland.

Bought it because it was German and the Val Kilmer drive in movie scene from heat

val-kilmer_bw5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

TM Famas SV. Because I didn't have much money, it was the cheapest TM and the ROF is loverly. :)

Since been sold. Can't really say I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

My first Airsoft was a Marui G3SG1. I had always wanted one since seeing Commando and Heat and still love the look of it. Cost me a bundle to buy it too as I got it in from the UK. Did not know about the Asian websites then and there was no irish retailer at the time.
    Still haven't fired the G3 in anger though but I think the time is coming soon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

TM MP5 RAS.

Still have it, skirmished it recently.

Just 'cos I like MP5s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

TM P90 TR, cos its the business!! Had it since like the 10th August 2006 and its never needed any fixing whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

My first AEG was a 2nd hand one...
    ICS MP5A4 with flashlight and red laser
    8.4v 3300mah battery
    4 hicap mags
    Sling and Gunbag

This was a great gun, bought it of a friend who was airsofting for a couple of years and was selling off a couple of guns.
    Great quality, good accuracy and range. I used this for 8 months solid until I bought a CA G36C. I sold the MP5 to a friend of mine that I had introduced to airsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

JG aug,
    i ordered an mp5 and tony hadnt em in stock so i changed for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

CA Steyr AUG A1 was my first, purchased from liamo333 on the airsoft adverts forum shortly after its creation.

As for why? Do I need to explain why? It's an AUG! The sex0r of bullpup designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

my first aeg was a jg steyr

i got it purley because its used by the army, strips down like the rs. and it looks the dogs bo**ix
    ive used a good few other aegs since and i still think its the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

TM P90 TR, cos its the business!! Had it since like the 10th August 2006 and its never needed any fixing whatsoever!

CA G36k since 11th August '06. Were you watching the clock for the bill to pass as much as I was?

This was gotten back when CA still did top notch stuff, it's had nothing done to it bar a hop change and she's still running like a train. Got it because it's perfect. If it's good enough for the Bundeswher, it's damn well good enough for me. I've had a love affair with the entire G36 series since the first time I saw them on the Jane's Defence website around the time of it's launch back in '97. After much debate over whether to get the full length G36 or the G36k, I settled on the "k" for it's compact size. The "c" I reckoned was a bit too small for me.

I still have the pictures on my phone from the morning it arrived. Somehow it blessedly turned up at my door an hour before I had to go to work, so I got some solid and excited play time in the apartment before I left for work.
    Man that's taking me back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Dboys M4 CQB - it was at €99 on clearout. Bloody useless, I had to downgrade it to make it legal, and after several repairs the trigger still sticks. In theory it could be ok I guess (full metal body), but hasn't been properly skirmished and I'm not into M4s. On the plus side it did sell me on airsoft so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Cyma Mp5, great little AEG, also the first one I ever cracked open to have a poke inside. I've since bought plenty of other AEGs and my cyma mp5 has now become my experimental gun which gets all sorts of weird and wonderful upgrades thrown at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

CA MP5A5.

Because it's the best little baby on the market. Every now and again I take her out for a little playtime. - Man I forgot how much fun she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

my first airsoft was a TM glock 17 mainly because i wanted something to use in the house shooting targets while i chose an AEG.
    I wanted an Armalite and since i couldn't get the Scarface one out of the box i decided to get an M15A4 SPC after having spent along time looking at it on redwolf.
    I then went to MIA (back when it was BFSL and only starting) and placed an order for it after flicking through an ASG catalog. and since i had to order it i needed something to tie me over and spotted an Classic Army SLR 105 A1 sitting in the corner of the office and took it away with me there and then. I love Armalites and AK's so both where great for me. and the fact the AK was a 74 and not a 47 made it better. and it was all black.

Picked up the m4 a few weeks later and used it non stop leaving the AK sitting at home just looking the ****.
    Must take it out again soon.
    M4 never let me down since i got it way back when and only recently its needed a hop up rubber and a re-shim and she'l be back out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

My first AEG was TM's AK Beta. I got it because back in 06 a lot of people were saying it was a good starter AEG, it isn't. I stripped it for parts back in 07. I'm not really a fan of TM's AK line at all now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonzai

TM G36C, I choosed it due to good reviews from airsoft forum ops, I like H&K looks:rolleyes:..used it several times. had one accident, slammed on the ground but still working and just a little aesthetic scratch. have slapped in few accessories since then. I also Got an M4 s system to compliment the G36... and the more to come.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

My first was a JG G36c, coz its german, ambidextrous, foldable and sexy! :D

Its a brilliant gun for anyone either new or well experienced to the game. In fact, its probably still my best gun and thats saying something when ya consider what other compitition it has., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ignoring pistols. mine was a TM Ak Beta Spetz.

600 round mags (I hate reloading)
    Short enough for CQB
    Large Type battery (I really really really hate changing batteries)
    It looked a bit different and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Both Elephant SL8, Got it from Airshooter.co.uk in september 2006, saw an ad for wolf armouries shortly before that in a Max Power magazine, thought those things look awesome, i need one so researched and discovered Airshooter.

I thought it was the business when i got it, huge thing with a bit of weight behind it, now it lies in pieces in my shed awaiting revival from a JG G36 transplant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

1st aeg was the CA mp5 a5 from mia but 1st overall was the tm vsr sold not to long ago though had to go with the sniper loadout would still have it but team loadout permiting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

well it all started one day.....when somebody someplace either in duffyland or the papers
    or it may have even been the shooting board was bitching about how real looking airsoft
    guns were! I came over looked at the pics thread and initially said Bahh they dont look
    real at all........then I looked at some of the other pics and said WOW!! you would know they
    werent real but if you were an average joe soap without any gun interest/knowledge
    you would probably think they are real.

While in Cork with the intent of buying a AK-47 replica (non fireing monkey metal)
    I stumbled across a shop selling Airsoft gear....I had to buy one so bought
    a Cyma MP5 becuase it was the smallest SMG yer man had....dragged the box
    all around cork with me in a black plastic bag and finally took it on the bus home
    to Limerick with me. (One hell of a day dragging that thing around with me)

So First was Cyma MP5 & Glock springer....then KA FAL, KJW P226 and JG AUG civey.
    and I have not stopped.....

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

My first was an AGM M14, cos' it was long, black and hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

My first was a CYMA AK47 folding stock, got it from Airsoft Scotland shortly after discovering airsoft was legal. I found boards when I was trying to find out what the legality of a couple of springers I'd picked up back in the dark ages before airsoft was legally acceptible, I was going to dispose of them, instead I ended up getting an AK.

Great little piece, it's been upgraded with wood kit, a tightbore barrel, an underslung grenade launcher and I'm soon going to convert it into a full stock AK with a metal body. Never given me a moments trouble (well apart from having to downgrade it initially) and I still love to skirmish with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well thanks to another member I got into Airsoft when he told me to drop over and see what he got. After that I started looking at all the Airsoft sites on the web, reading reviews etc. Finally I decided because of my interest in all things ww2 to get a MP40, which I did. Unfortunately after skirmishing it a couple of times I realised that its wasn't that practical as the mags were only low cap 50 rounds and it had an extremely high RoF. An Cyma AK74 was then bought as the main skirmish weap, followed by a dBoys M4 and eventually my normal skirmish weap the CA M15A1vn.

Now that I have bought a WE Lugar GBB my original idea of a Werrmacht loadout is back on track :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

JG G36c rediclious yoke
    its now running a better motor, bearing bushes .9j spring and a c-mag
    and makes a brilliant secondary.
    i'd recomend one to anyone they are definatly the best starter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

TM m4 because tm seemed to be the best brand out there and m4 because it was my primary in counterstrike :D

Advertisement