Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No money in taxiing? Best Taxi you have seen?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Imagine paying to be in a Hyundai Accent!

no thanks. :)

Think I might get a plate for my Clio now that I think of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It makes sense to have a nice taxi. If ever I need a taxi when they're not too busy I always wait and flag a nice car like a Merc or a BMW, even Passats. Always let the Toyotas, Nissans and Fords etc pass mr by

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Onkle wrote: »
    Always let the Toyotas, Nissans and Fords etc pass mr by

For a Passat:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Was working in Galway yesterday and passed a '04 Merc S 320 taxi in Ayre Square.

I couldn't help but giggle at the time thinkin of some drunken students barfin in the back of its nice cream leather interior on some college nite out!

I bet he is selective on people he pulls over for! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You can pick up an S320 for about 10grand, tax is only 250quid for a taxi too, but insurance would be fairly high considering how long you have been doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fizman wrote: »
    Was working in Galway yesterday and passed a '04 Merc S 320 taxi in Ayre Square
    The S320's are very popular as taxis in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

i sometimes see an 08 MB S320 taxi. The reg is 08-D-5320. despite seeing a lot of 5 series/lexus/merc taxis i have never gotten one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I suppose some Taxi drivers who have bought a Merc Vito would argue their vehicle cost just as much as a 5 series or S320!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Onkle wrote: »
    I was sure he was pictured driving a w210 Merc when he started taxiing. Anyway wasn't he only at it for a few weeks

yeah he used an S500 iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Imagine paying to be in a Hyundai Accent!

Seen a MK1 Accent doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

tdc wrote: »
    i sometimes see an 08 MB S320 taxi. The reg is 08-D-5320. despite seeing a lot of 5 series/lexus/merc taxis i have never gotten one :(

was in a few nd under the bonnet of several gs300's.... crap gearbox but apart fro mthat and the lack of manuals.... meh there a great car, much rather them then say a s5xx or a 7 serise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can pick up an S320 for about 10grand, tax is only 250quid for a taxi too, but insurance would be fairly high considering how long you have been doing it?
    No, road tax for a taxi is €79.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

esel wrote: »
    No, road tax for a taxi is €79.

commercial insurance.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

that bentley looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

about 20 years ago, I saw outside a Dart station, a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit taxi so maybe someone might have a picture of it, definitely had a taxi plate on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I saw a 2008 Audi Q7 Taxi this morning East Wall :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Sizzler wrote: »
    I saw a 2008 Audi Q7 Taxi this morning East Wall :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is the funniest thread I've seen in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A Q7? Wow.
    It's entirely possible that the person had bought it last year and was then let go from their job. They could have reckoned that the only way to pay it off was to get a taxi plate and earn some money that way!

In before the thread is locked for digging up old threads :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This thread is from over a year ago - start a new one please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement