Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

before you turn off sky sports for the summer...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

No I didnt mention that actually smart arse :)
    I guess I was just unlucky but at least its cheaper for me for July and then I can switch it back on in August if I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Giggsy75

I have the Sky World package €68 but no sky+ and thats what I was really interested in but not for €199. After reading mailburner's post I said I'd ring Sky and have see what I could wrangle out of 'em. Got thru to the Scottish call center and said I wanted to cancel the sports package for 3 months. Yer wan wasn't biting and I didn't really want to cancel :eek: so I said I'd check with my partner first and get back to them. Then I said I was interested in getting the + and she paused put me on hold then said "I've just gotten an offer today €49 plus installation, so thats €99." So naturally I jumped at the chance and said sign me up :D OK so I'm back in a contract with them for 12 months, but the footie season will make that time fly. €100 saved.... Yipeeee
    Sorry this was so long winded :o Thanx Mailburner

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Giggsy75 wrote: »
    I have the Sky World package €68 but no sky+ and thats what I was really interested in but not for €199. After reading mailburner's post I said I'd ring Sky and have see what I could wrangle out of 'em. Got thru to the Scottish call center and said I wanted to cancel the sports package for 3 months. Yer wan wasn't biting and I didn't really want to cancel :eek: so I said I'd check with my partner first and get back to them. Then I said I was interested in getting the + and she paused put me on hold then said "I've just gotten an offer today €49 plus installation, so thats €99." So naturally I jumped at the chance and said sign me up :D OK so I'm back in a contract with them for 12 months, but the footie season will make that time fly. €100 saved.... Yipeeee
    Sorry this was so long winded :o Thanx Mailburner

:mad:Im just off the phone with sky asking about sky+ as well and they wouldnt budge on the 200euros for it...piss me off!!! i clearly said all the wrong things............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

:mad:Im just off the phone with sky asking about sky+ as well and they wouldnt budge on the 200euros for it...piss me off!!! i clearly said all the wrong things............:confused:

200 euro for that receiver.
    Bloody rip off,costs them about 50 euro a unit at most I'd estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

i cancelled it for the summer, back at the end of may, i wasn't offered any offers though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Giggsy75

Sorry to hear bout that leinstergurl, when you rang did you tell them that you were considering cancelling some part of your package? And as a matter of interest are you still under contract with them?
    I was out of contract 2 years so perhaps this was a cheap and easy way of making sure that I was with them for another 12 months... money guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Well folks, today is the day. I am going to cancel Skysports after 15 years continuous subscribing. (4 with chorus and the rest with Sky). As far as I am concerned the arrival of Setanta has made me do this.Previously I had Skysports and Prem Plus.Reasonable value I thought. Now,to get everything(football) it would cost me in the region of €80 per month from September..thats way too much. I will still have my sub to sky of 4mixes and fta box so will be listening to all the matches on 5live etc and probably having more time to do other things at the same time!

I will still have , all necessary Champions League games, MOTD1 & 2,Skysports news,Setanta News,Eurosport 1 & 2 and all live matches on 5live and 5livesportsXtra radio.That will do me...

Unless this culture of the price going up every year changes I am sure other people will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Same as that, and i am out of contract for 2 years now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

Widescreen wrote: »
    Well folks, today is the day. I am going to cancel Skysports after 15 years continuous subscribing.

Unless this culture of the price going up every year changes I am sure other people will follow.

"I will follow, I will..."

U2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I have now cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hello,
    Following this tread with interest. 'Ordinary' Sky service with full €68 package. Same aim as Giggsy75. Rang Sky and spoke to the lovely Dawn. Usual questions about " do anyone else watch sports in the house". It was a bit like the sketch in Little Britain - Computer says NO. However, Dawns computer said YES. I could get my €68 package reduced to €41 until 8th Oct.
    Regarding the Sky+ deal for €49 plus €50 installation fee. She told me she would give it to me but she would have to transfer me to the Irish sales office to set it up. When I eventually got transferred through, the irish girl say No. It was for new customers only. No way could she do it. So, I think I will try again in a few weeks and see what happens

Regs

Advertisement