Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next season

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DesF wrote: »
    Right, well we don't train, so, because this season was a bit of a washout with regards to league position and stuff, even challenging for a top half table finish looks like it won't happen tbh, why don't you come out to a couple of matches for a look?

By a look I mean you see what we are about, what we try to do and then get on for a while, kind of like a trial?

We play Tuesday evenings on the southside of Dublin. A lift can probably be arranged if you don't drive.

We'll have a couple of friendlies too that you could come to. Most probably on a Saturdays.

Then we, me and you, can decide if you join up for the Winter Season.

Sounds good. I'll head along to the next game with Simon for a look see. I play 5 a side with him on Saturdays and he plays for the boards team so I'll mention it to him when I see him next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tusky wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'll head along to the next game with Simon for a look see. I play 5 a side with him on Saturdays and he plays for the boards team so I'll mention it to him when I see him next.

Ah grand, you know Simon.

Next game is tomorrow. He usually drives, so try organise a lift with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DesF wrote: »
    Ah grand, you know Simon.

Next game is tomorrow. He usually drives, so try organise a lift with him.

Grand, I'll just come to watch tomorrow though.

Tusky wrote: »
    Grand, I'll just come to watch tomorrow though.

Bring your boots/shins just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

Hows it going lads.

I had Pm'd yourself Desf at the start of your season to see if you's needed any players I assumed the non response meant a full squad.

I am interested in playing with you guys if you need some players. I play centre half but can play right/left back if needed. I have played a bit in the centre mid too.

I play Saturday league footie at a good standard for the past 6 years or so. I have also played with a couple of Astro teams in the past in this league just not this year.

Let me know if you are interested.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Who do you play for? What league/division?

Strand United, United Churches League Division One.

I played School Boys and U21 with Ballyfermot United and Cherry Orchard.

soupie wrote: »
    Hows it going lads.

I had Pm'd yourself Desf at the start of your season to see if you's needed any players I assumed the non response meant a full squad.

I am interested in playing with you guys if you need some players. I play centre half but can play right/left back if needed. I have played a bit in the centre mid too.

I play Saturday league footie at a good standard for the past 6 years or so. I have also played with a couple of Astro teams in the past in this league just not this year.

Let me know if you are interested.

cheers

I don't remember.

Sorry.

Anyway, if you want to come to any of our matches for a look, let me know.

We need new players alright.

Sound,

send me on the details of your next match (tomorrow from what i read) and I'll drop out.

Thanks

What standard did you play in the astro league by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

soupie wrote: »
    Sound,

send me on the details of your next match (tomorrow from what i read) and I'll drop out.

Thanks

should be a match thread popping up soon with everything on it.

my mate mark is a very decent player, has played for us before when we were short and did a good job. he plays with terenure a's at the moment, not sure what league they are in, but they are a decent team. he has said he would come down over the nest few weeks again.

one thing lads, its great having players joinin up, but we need players who will be there for at least 15-16 games in a season. i would like to have players who will be reliable and have a squad of 18 next season. but that is for des to decide really. at our best, we are capable of beating any team we play, however, when 1 or 2 players are missing, we struggle. we need 2 or 3 players in, who will add to the team.

Cant remember the standard i'd imagine it was social standard, we won it twice though

Sure it all means nought in words i'll drop down and have a look and if you want to give me a game great if not thats life

What positon does that Mark lad play Ed? I don't remember him being up to much but maybe he was playing out of place. And soupie, come on down sure. No harm in it.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What positon does that Mark lad play Ed? I don't remember him being up to much but maybe he was playing out of place. And soupie, come on down sure. No harm in it.

he is a CH, you werent playing this time last year when he played.

Don't get touchy Ed. Maybe I'm confusing him with another chap. Did he play in the cup game last year when we got knocked out on penalties? That's the chap I'm thinking of

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Don't get touchy Ed. Maybe I'm confusing him with another chap. Did he play in the cup game last year when we got knocked out on penalties? That's the chap I'm thinking of

nope, not him.

Ah ok. Apologies so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

From bbc.co.uk

"Bordeaux have conceded defeat in their attempts to sign Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre. (The Independent) "

I know we're having problems getting a settled back 4 but Silvestre .....Des...wtf were you thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'd definatly be interested in playing lads, Been looking to get back into a team for a while , 21 play right back/Midfield , when do use train and play?...

have a look at the match thread for tomorrow night and come down for a look and see what you think, we squard building at the moment and maybe looking for some players that can add to the team.. we have got 3 or 4 new players in over past 3-4 weeks, as we have been missing 9 or 10 of our squad for various reasons. you may not get a game as i expect we may have 15 or 16, however bring your gear anyway just in case :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement