Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options
1158159160161162164»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

You were up early this morning ! :pac:

True, At least its going to happen soon, definitely better than waiting until 2015! All we can do is keep the limbs and fingers crossed ;)

No rest for the wicked. Getting the weights out, the bicycle checked and exercise routes planned, my waistline will be thankfull once again, actually next year would suit me more, tried jogging a couple of days ago, still sore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

UTV Live Tonight 10.30pm has a report on the G8 re: officers coming over here from other parts of the UK to help police the G8.

Exclusive interview with PSNI officer in charge of training officers for G8.

http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/150784/124377

Anyone apply for NIPS?

Not the same thing, but it will be a bit of practice for the psni testing and its a possible fall back.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Anyone apply for NIPS?

Not the same thing, but it will be a bit of practice for the psni testing and its a possible fall back.

Yep, told my friend I wasn't going to apply as I was waiting to see if the PSNI was recruiting and she basically said I would be an idiot to stick all my eggs in one basket. So I applied for the NIPS.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Yep, told my friend I wasn't going to apply as I was waiting to see if the PSNI was recruiting and she basically said I would be an idiot to stick all my eggs in one basket. So I applied for the NIPS.

Did you get your test date yet?

I received mine today.

• Advertisement

Did you get your test date yet?

I received mine today.

Yeah, I got mine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just a word of Thanks to all who have participated in this forum to date. I've been reading through in here and found some great advice and tips throughout for recruitment, so Thanks & Good Luck to all planning on joining the recruitment process when it starts :)

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-22559541

Detectives are continuing to question a 26-year-old man arrested over the attempted murders of three police officers on the outskirts of Belfast.

Up to six shots were fired as the officers got out of their vehicle at Foxes Glen on Thursday afternoon. No-one was injured.

They were responding to bogus reports of a burglary in the area.

The man was arrested on Thursday night. A number of searches are also ongoing in greater Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Crazy! Welcome to the PSNI, hope people who apply know what they're getting into, a friend of mine is a current serving officer and the amount of times he's expressed a desire to leave as "this wasn't what he signed up for" when I always respond saying man! You must have known what you were getting into, as long as anyone who wants to do this job goes in eyes wide open and under no illusions :) this is the crap you deal with being a police officer in this confusing, bewildering but also awesome wee country, glad no one was injured or worse!

Crazy! Welcome to the PSNI, hope people who apply know what they're getting into, a friend of mine is a current serving officer and the amount of times he's expressed a desire to leave as "this wasn't what he signed up for" when I always respond saying man! You must have known what you were getting into, as long as anyone who wants to do this job goes in eyes wide open and under no illusions :) this is the crap you deal with being a police officer in this confusing, bewildering but also awesome wee country, glad no one was injured or worse!

That's why I posted that incident.

Only a fraction of what happens makes it into the public domain.

People shouldn't apply just because they are unemployed etc. only apply if your eyes are fully open and policing is a passion.

• Advertisement

That's why I posted that incident.

Only a fraction of what happens makes it into the public domain.

People shouldn't apply just because they are unemployed etc. only apply if your eyes are fully open and policing is a passion.

Totally agree, people will I have no doubt apply solely because of money and unemployment, I just hope that number will be a small fraction, I'm for everyone applying and all of us getting a fair dig, but when you hear about numbers that leave within 1 to 4 years of service, it's just wasted numbers for those who want this as their career, I want to do the full 30 years or more if I get the opportunity
    and I know so many will be the same, and I hope people don't think they will get all the promotion possibilities that some may think, there has been people who were put on development schemes who had to be taken of those schemes because there isn't the vacancies for sergeants, inspectors, etc... certainly not for the the next several years, and this is something Ive been told constantly by a close source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

If you have an hour and a half to spare watch this movie! If not all of it, at least watch it for the opening speech! The next successful group should come up with something like it for graduation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal had a pretty intense experience during his preparation for the film, which he spent taking part in drive alongs with the LAPD.

Just found out I have passed the selection test for the nips. Anyone else heard back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Just found out I have passed the selection test for the nips. Anyone else heard back yet?

Well done.

Yeah Gee this morn got a letter onto the final AC too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations guys, but I'll just slip in a polite and friendly reminder, in my best congratulatory tone, that you this forum is for PSNI Recruitment discussion only. We do have another forum for other Emergency Services which can be found here and is frequented by serving P/Os who have a lot of experience we are lucky to have them around to give advice to those of you at that stage, what to expect next - both in the short term, and in the long term.

Shield wrote: »
    Congratulations guys, but I'll just slip in a polite and friendly reminder, in my best congratulatory tone, that you this forum is for PSNI Recruitment discussion only. We do have another forum for other Emergency Services which can be found here and is frequented by serving P/Os who have a lot of experience we are lucky to have them around to give advice to those of you at that stage, what to expect next - both in the short term, and in the long term.

Cheers for the link.

Shield wrote: »

Sorry shield our bad lol :)

Had to laugh at some of the goings on in this article :D

• Advertisement

Had to laugh at some of the goings on in this article :D

A great success by all involved. The only people that are disappointed will be those in the media, who would have been looking to fill pages with story's of trouble and attention grabbing headlines.

A great success by all involved. The only people that are disappointed will be those in the media, who would have been looking to fill pages with story's of trouble and attention grabbing headlines.

Very True !
    Now i see they are complaining about "excessive Police numbers"!

It is irritating to think that if there wasn't half the police there, they would still complain that another thousand would have been needed "just in case" !

Advertisement