Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 twilightbella

Can't believe it got the call this morning too! Well done everyone can't wait to meet everyone soon enough!! Hang in there guys!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Wow. I think I counted 7 individual 'Yay' posts there, so huge congratulations to those of you who got the call you've been waiting on. Don't lose hope the rest of you - it's been the norm that the calls go out over a 2 or 3 day timeframe, so keep the fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Once again - Well done future colleagues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hopefull1

Hey guys, first time poster but have been following the forum for a while now. I am in c16 still wiating on the call and want to say well done to the guys that have got into the December intake. I got the March 2011 letter last weekend so still keeping fingers crossed. Just also wanted to now if any of yous that got into the December intake received a March 2011 letter or was it all progressing to the final stages letter?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

Just wanted to say congratulations and best of luck to everyone who got the call this morning... I'm very jealous, but totally chuffed for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucas21

The letter i recieved at the beginning of the week was progressing through to the final stages one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Hopefull1 wrote: »
    Hey guys, first time poster but have been following the forum for a while now. I am in c16 still wiating on the call and want to say well done to the guys that have got into the December intake. I got the March 2011 letter last weekend so still keeping fingers crossed. Just also wanted to now if any of yous that got into the December intake received a March 2011 letter or was it all progressing to the final stages letter?
    Cheers

To my knowledge those who got calls had received the '' progressing '' letter and not the March 2011 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

delancey42 wrote: »
    To my knowledge those who got calls had received the '' progressing '' letter and not the March 2011 one.

I recieved the progressing letter last week, but I've not even recieved vetting or medical forms. Grrrr...

So I've no idea what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Congrats to all. I am incredibly jealous.

Maybe if it is a similar breakdown next month i will be in with a chance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Congrats to all who got the call and all those who will in the coming days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wonderboy86

congratulations to everyone who got calls today...really wel done. fingers crossed for the rest of us...altho vetting still ongoing so no such call jus yet but am keeping positive!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrijack

Well done to those who got the call today, well jealous ha ha have to appeal my medical and vetting ongoing but hopefully its all clears. Well done again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 minerdees

Got the call today. I am so excited, can't wait to meet you guys. See you soon:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

minerdees wrote: »
    Got the call today. I am so excited, can't wait to meet you guys. See you soon:D:D:D:D

Great stuff, the biggest call of your life!! Genuinely chuffed for you all.
    Congrats!!

- tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great to see so many Boardsies get the call - hopefully there'll be a few more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Evening all! Congratulations to everyone who got the call, im sure there will be some celebrations tonight and this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

OMG what a shock/surprise, being oblivious to the happenings all day....

Congrats to all u lads and ladies that have made it through, hope it lives up to your dreams and expectations. best of luck with the future, be safe out there X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Morning All,

Hoping some more of you get the lucky call today! Quite a few boardies going through which is good to see!!

Good Luck to you all!

- tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Congratulations everyone who got the call!!! XX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Finally got the chance to sit down after the whirlwind events of yesterday.

Got the call at about 10am yesterday morning, but as luck would have it I was out on the road with work, and my phone died just after the call, meaning I couldn't tell anyone - wife / family. I had to drive round for the next 5 hours with my head in the clouds!

It's finally sunk in, and I'm now met with a mixture of relief, excitement and trepidation, which I'm sure everyone else who got the call will be experiencing too. It's been a long old procress (longer for some than others - stoic I'm looking at you here) but we're finally there! Well done to all who got the call, and I look forward to meeting you all on THE DATE!

To all those still waiting, chin up! Just remember, 4 months ago there was talk of there not being any recruitment for 4 years, and now we've had 2 intakes within 3 months. Don't give up hope or feel dejected for as long as your still in the system, you're in with a chance!

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Still nothing for me. Was convinced I was going to get the call yesterday but silent the phone remained. I'm actually starting to go a little bid mad...

All waiting and no calls make notbrazil a dull applicant...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goatgoat

Congratulations to those of you who have got the phonecall.

As for me, well i got the 'progressing onwards' letter the other day and i have already successfully scraped through my medical.

I fear for my ongoing vetting however as I have lived in 10 or so different permanent addresses in the last 10 years including a fair few overseas. Lump this in with about the same amount of different addresses for my siblings in other various locations and you can see I might be up poo creek without a means of propulsion.

Here's hoping my vetting clears before March eh?

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

Regards

Goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sri19

Big congratulations to everyone who got the call.....really hope this means a few more intakes over the next few months. I managed to get the 'Progressing' letter last week,with vetting cleared and a date for my medical now in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

So, a big brown envelope just arrived confirming my reservation at Hotel G'Ville in December. I'm in! No call for me, just an invitation pack, so hang in there all those whose phone hasn't rung. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

notbrazil wrote: »
    So, a big brown envelope just arrived confirming my reservation at Hotel G'Ville in December. I'm in! No call for me, just an invitation pack, so hang in there all those whose phone hasn't rung. :cool:
    Panic over ha.

Congrats. Super jealous.

Hey Congrats notbrazil

Look forward to meeting you all in December!!!

Lot of stuff to read through in that pack isn't there!

Handed my notice in at work, was quite a shock to them! :D:D:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flix84

Congratulations to everyone who got in!
    did you recieve word that you had passed your vetting or did you just get the phone call to say you were in?

flix84 wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who got in!
    did you recieve word that you had passed your vetting or did you just get the phone call to say you were in?

Just got the call and big brown envelope on the same day.

Vetting won't be in contact unless you have actually failed vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I have missed all the excitement of the past few days due to some personal circumstances.

Congratulations to all those who have received the call or the brown enveloped invitation!!

I'm so jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

big congrats notbrazil!! see you soon!!

so is the only thing we have to do in the meantime is send back the form saying we are attending induction?
    im petrified of not doing something i am supposed to!!

• Advertisement

JP84 wrote: »
    big congrats notbrazil!! see you soon!!

so is the only thing we have to do in the meantime is send back the form saying we are attending induction?
    im petrified of not doing something i am supposed to!!

I know what you mean, there's a whole pile of reading in that pack!!

Works taken a bit of a back seat today, all seems a bit surreal at the moment!

Advertisement