Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

11517192021

Comments



  • pma1983, what was your merit listing if you don't mind me askin (roughly of course) and are you from C16???? this is exciting news!! congrats!




  • pma1983 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! Absolutely shaking. I can't believe it!!

    Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ;)

    Congrats PMA1983, well done. You must be thrilled silly !!!:D




  • Congrats pma. I'm so jealous I've turned green.

    But that's good news for the rest of us, as it moved us all up for future intakes. Every cloud eh :D




  • cant believe calls are going out!!I feel nervous!! PMA are you RC or NRC? sorry to be nosey. Just trying to get an idea of my chances!!




  • Congrats pma! Very jealous as I'm 370-380 (RC) so it might be a little bit more of a wait for me. Everything's cleared though so you never know!

    So much for the recruitment freeze eh?


  • Advertisement


  • Iv just had the call :):) From c16, NRC, merit 80-100




  • congrats!! please let them come down a bit further!! they are getting very close to me!!




  • hey well done guys congrats!!!!! this is awesome that the recruitment freeze aint affecting us.... what were we worrying about last month hahaha. please can someone PM the appointment phone number, need to update my telephone number with them also to ask if my vettin cleared yet, is that the way to go about these things?




  • Great news PMA , I had a feeling you would get good news with your vetting having passed. Remember your hearing worries ?

    Nothing like calls going out to get things rocking !




  • Nothing like calls going out to get things rocking !

    I think at this stage im pretty to close to 'rocking' as it is Delancey :pac:

    - tv


  • Advertisement


  • delancey42 wrote: »
    Great news PMA , I had a feeling you would get good news with your vetting having passed. Remember your hearing worries ?

    Nothing like calls going out to get things rocking !

    So it is true that people further down the merit list will get in before people further up just if their Vetting got done quicker?

    Just when you think you're in with a chance by getting a high merit listing - I find out this. All about luck at the end of the day then.




  • spartagus wrote: »
    So it is true that people further down the merit list will get in before people further up just if their Vetting got done quicker?

    Just when you think you're in with a chance by getting a high merit listing - I find out this. All about luck at the end of the day then.

    Your place is held for you pending vetting.




  • Are all the calls likely to go out in one day?? wonder how many they are taking in!!




  • spartagus wrote: »
    So it is true that people further down the merit list will get in before people further up just if their Vetting got done quicker?

    Just when you think you're in with a chance by getting a high merit listing - I find out this. All about luck at the end of the day then.

    Yeah , at this point the key is to have passed medical and crucially , Vetting. I have a very high merit score but with vetting '' Ongoing '' no chance of the phone ringing today.

    Usually calls go out over 2 days but it's worth remembering that some people never get a call - they just come home and find a big envelope waiting for them - hang in there !

    I reckon it would be the usual intake of 50 - 60 , thats a guess.




  • my nerves are wrecked!! cant concentrate on anything today and just keep looking at my phone!! haha this intake must be starting very close to Christmas!!




  • Mod Note - Congratulations to those who have got or will get a call today or tomorrow. In your joy and exhuberance please take care however not to post dates or timeframes.




  • Just got the call people!! actually missed it and they left a message to phone back!!
    Cant believe it!!
    See some of you very soon!




  • wish i had your xmas shopping list to do!!!
    i'll not get the the call, just been informed, vetting is ongoing...




  • JP84 wrote: »
    Just got the call people!! actually missed it and they left a message to phone back!!
    Cant believe it!!
    See some of you very soon!

    Congrats JP!! Bet that has put a smile on your face! I told you that you were in a good position!




  • Congrats to both of you very jealous I rang today vetting is ongoing :( lolol


  • Advertisement


  • B182 wrote: »
    Congrats to both of you very jealous I rang today vetting is ongoing :( lolol

    hahaha, tell me about it, bet the powers to be are raging with this site, every time the process moves forwards, the info hits these boards, then their phones light up...!!!




  • Congrats to all getting the call, see you soon!!

    All my squad are good people and we'll all give you advice when you get here.

    PS. I'm just glad the info i gave you all this week was 100% correct as i kept checking in to see if the calls had went out




  • I have just been offered a place, 350 to 450 on the merit list RC,

    I rang today to check if my vetting and medical had passed, she said they had and that she would ring back and she offered me the place 2 minutes ago!

    cannot believe it




  • lucas21 wrote: »
    I have just been offered a place, 350 to 450 on the merit list RC,

    I rang today to check if my vetting and medical had passed, she said they had and that she would ring back and she offered me the place 2 minutes ago!

    cannot believe it

    Nice one!!




  • This is positive news - I'm RC 360-380 and I'm sitting here unable to do anything but concentrate on the phone! GRRRR!




  • you might be better off ringing, the woman i spoke to said that she recognised my name but couldnt speak to me there and then!

    Obviously its down to how quickly your vetting and medical clears, my vetting was sent off in may and my medical was finished soon after,

    its not really fair on the people with really high merit scores who are waiting for vetting!




  • Agreed, it's unfair that people with lower merit scores jump the queue so to speak, but it's every man for himself at this stage!

    Vetting and medical both passed, I'll sit tight and wait.




  • I'm in!!!

    Good luck to everyone!!!




  • me too!!!!
    good luck!!:D


  • Advertisement


  • notbrazil wrote: »
    Agreed, it's unfair that people with lower merit scores jump the queue so to speak, but it's every man for himself at this stage!

    Vetting and medical both passed, I'll sit tight and wait.


    I agree entirely... my merit listing is 170-180 but my vetting hasnt cleared yet for some reason! While i may not like the way the recruitment process unfolds, we all applied for the job and would all jump at the chance if the call comes our way! Who am i to judge who should gt the call ahead of me haha sit back and relax knowing that we could be receiving a call in the next while!


Advertisement