Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Did my medical yesterday morning and the letter was waiting here for me when I got home from work today! It's a whole long letter and I had to read it all to make sure I'd definitely passed lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Yeoooooo passed my medical!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Congrats! Just the phone call to wait on-almost there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Was hoping for a letter about my medical this morning. Looks like I'll have to wait another day. I'm good at waiting by now though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

I was told a week to wait for medical/drug test results. A day is a pretty quick turnaround!

If that's the case I'll have to keep the folks on the lookout for my letter.

Anybody who completed their medicals had the call yet?

When did you do your medical elliotness?

I did my medical last Wednesday and had my pass letter the next day. You don't hear back from SMT unless you have failed. It's separate and can' take 7days to clear

• Advertisement

badi15 wrote: »
    Was hoping for a letter about my medical this morning. Looks like I'll have to wait another day. I'm good at waiting by now though lol.

Have you had your medical badi?

Had it yesterday. I was told the letters would be sent that day so I'd expect it tomorrow hopefully. They said the SMT results took about a week though.

When did you do your medical elliotness?

I did my medical last Wednesday and had my pass letter the next day. You don't hear back from SMT unless you have failed. It's separate and can' take 7days to clear

Did my medical yesterday morning and theres a letter today. Not been home to open it yet!

Anyone any idea how many medicals they do per day? I take it the medicals are only one day a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

Anyone any idea how many medicals they do per day? I take it the medicals are only one day a week?

Initially it was one day per week but when I had mine in July they said they were being increased to 2 days per week.

• Advertisement

.Q wrote: »
    Initially it was one day per week but when I had mine in July they said they were being increased to 2 days per week.

Ah ok, I assumed they were still one day only because we've heard l
    People on here who passed last Wednesday and yesterday but I guess there could be others we haven't heard from!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Going to be a LOT of recruitment going on! Until the end of this financial year so that's likely why they are doing 2 medicals a week!!

And a new campaign starting soon.... I've a hunch haha.

Kev is it possible to get to the waiting stage and not get a call, then have to enter a new campaign?

elliotness wrote: »
    Kev is it possible to get to the waiting stage and not get a call, then have to enter a new campaign?

Yes very possible. It happened to a lot in the last campaign. Depends on numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

elliotness wrote: »

Are you sure you have passed all the stages? Some people have been held back with vetting and not known about it... Your best bet would be give HR a quick call and ask them about it all.

It has happened before, I would imagine it won't be as big an issue this campaign. Timing is everything however as your PCA only lasts 6 months, and vetting takes ages to clear.. So if they rush the PCA and vetting isn't clear its a whole b*lls up! Mop can testify to that.

How long ago did you pass you medical? I done my PCA in mid June and got call for Aug intake... so its a matter of waiting a while or calling to find out exactly where you stand.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

KevBo2015 wrote: »

It has happened before, I would imagine it won't be as big an issue this campaign. Timing is everything however as your PCA only lasts 6 months, and vetting takes ages to clear.. So if they rush the PCA and vetting isn't clear its a whole b*lls up! Mop can testify to that.

Hell yeah I can!!!!!

Note to anyone. I don't care if you've passed everything with flying colours and you've had the CC himself telling you you'd make an excellent addition to PSNI if you are still waiting on that call, you apply for the next campaign AND you give every stage 100% until you get that call. I know it's a lot of effort at times and folk think it's stupid but use me as an example, trust me it's worth the extra effort than possibly dealing with the heart ache and disappointment

Where are you in the whole process at the moment mop?

badi15 wrote: »
    Where are you in the whole process at the moment mop?

Lol wrong thread but long sorry short (well shortish). C1 vetting took ages PCA expired, passed that again for the 2nd time only for vetting to be pulled again then it looked like it was sorted but they sent out the dear john letters.

I had applied for C2 but when the C2 AC was on, my C1 vetting had cleared and I was positive I was going to pass the PCA again so I was very complacent about it and had a few home issues so my score wasn't half as good as before. Sitting mid 60's for C2 and tbh resigned myself that I won't progress this campaign so I've become the master of patience and I'm waiting for C3 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Don't lose hope mop. I saw an foi that stated that they are planning on taking more than the 220. Although it doesn't state exactly how many more.

Don't lose hope mop. I saw an foi that stated that they are planning on taking more than the 220. Although it doesn't state exactly how many more.

Not losing hope my lovely, I've learnt if it happens it happens, if not there's always another option. They took just over 400 last campaign and ones with low 60's got in so the more they recruit the better it is for me but with higher scoring AC's and PCA repeats this campaign I can't see them hitting my score this time round. Might prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Living in hope but prepared for the worst this time round. Honestly can't go through that devastation again.

• Advertisement

I did my medical last Wednesday, my PCA wasJuly l my vetting forms were sent in April, ive had my credit check done, and that's about all I know at this stage. I scored 70 in the role play.

Just wondering if I should apply again for the new batch or wait another wee while. :-)

Covering all bases

Anyone heard of anyone having any medicals today?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Anyone heard of anyone having any medicals today?

mine was today, rescheduled from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Hi there folks, has anyone received a letter of appointment for medicals after the PCA last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Nope not yet. Maybe sometime this week? How soon does the appointment letter arrive after PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Just from reading some of the older posts people were getting letters the day after the test, I would assume that they should be out this week, well here's hoping

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Just from reading some of the older posts people were getting letters the day after the test, I would assume that they should be out this week, well here's hoping

Yea all being well. Be good to get it done and into the official Waiting Room

I got my medical letter about 4 days after PCA. My results for my medical came the day after the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Would anyone on here happen to know if a mild allergy could be an issue? Just overthinking things as usual 😅

• Advertisement

Would anyone on here happen to know if a mild allergy could be an issue? Just overthinking things as usual 😅

I'd doubt it. Sure look how many are affected by hayfever etc

If it's mild, then surely it's not going to affect your ability to do the job. Etc

Advertisement