Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard Deals - anyone use them yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

With who? Irish Ferries?? Do you not remember they sacked (or planned to, not sure how it turned out) all their Irish workers a few years back and hired contracted workers below minimum wage and could get away with it? They also re registered their ships in Cyprus or somewhere to avoid Irish labour law.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I heard them mentioned in the news alright, never read into it though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

badbrian wrote: »
    Would be interested in hearing if anyone used these in the jewellers yet? They offer 4 x your vouchers for Bernard John. In the Tesco brochure it says the minimum spend needs to be 300 yo-yos but when I went to the shop I was told each item must cost over 300. Which is a big difference because we were looking at buying some crystal glasses and stuff.
    I tried emailing Bernard John but none of the emails from their site work.

I wouldnt mention the vouchers while bargaining with the jewellers until you have your final price and they have the goods all wrapped up and are at the til.

Mention before you;re finished bargaining and this will effect the price you pay.

Saruman wrote: »
    With who? Irish Ferries?? Do you not remember they sacked (or planned to, not sure how it turned out) all their Irish workers a few years back and hired contracted workers below minimum wage and could get away with it? They also re registered their ships in Cyprus or somewhere to avoid Irish labour law.

Yes, they hired slaves. Basically they work all day on one ship and are ten bussed to another ship to sleep and bussed back to work again.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Have a guess what kind of mark-up jewellery shops have? :eek:

Mate of mine owns a Jewellers.
    90% markup - Yep i was blown away too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Before sending your vouchers off be sure to photocopy them. I have found Tesco Clubcard Deal staff to be the most incredibly incompetant people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Last November I sent off €350 of clubcard vouchers to translate into €1254 of clubcard deals.I used registered post.The clubcard deal vouchers weren't available at the time due to a problem with them.However so they said they'd roll over the end date of my vouchers from end dec 08 to end dec '10 so I could avail of the clubcard deal when they'd sorted the glitch after xmass.

I recieved no new vouchers, so I rang them and was told that they'd never got around to processing my vouchers and now they were past their end of date so useless.They said they don't keep records of vouchers on computer so nothing they can do.It's impossible to get to speak to a manager. In the course of one phone call where I was transferred to different people I've been told the person I need to speak to had just left the office sick/is on maternity leave/is on holidays/is busy with a client and will ring back in 5 mins.I got no reply to a letter sent by registered post complaining about the service either.

There's no real legal entitlement where vouchers are concerned so basically my €1254 of clubcard vouchers has gone down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Good advice on the photocopy. I wish we could do it online like they can in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

e's no real legal entitlement where vouchers are concerned so basically my €1254 of clubcard vouchers has gone down the tubes.

Joe Duffy (or whoever is filling in for him) would be where I'd be going next.
    Just a pity we don't have a programme over here like the UK's Watchdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Chilly,
    I got replacement clubcard vouchers last year. Had put then in the recycling ! Rang then up and got replacements pretty fast.
    If you have no success on the phone , send a letter or email.

They have to have computer records. how else could they track your points.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy (or whoever is filling in for him) would be where I'd be going next.
    Just a pity we don't have a programme over here like the UK's Watchdog.

I'm seriously tempted to do that because I am so annoyed over it. I had intended using the voucher for an Open Uni course so I had important plans for the vouchers.
    CH3OH wrote: »
    Chilly,
    I got replacement clubcard vouchers last year. Had put then in the recycling ! Rang then up and got replacements pretty fast.
    If you have no success on the phone , send a letter or email.

They have to have computer records. how else could they track your points.

They have told me that they only started using computer records for Irish clubcard points in mid 2007.My vouchers were dated Dec 31st 2006 so they were not on their computer system.
    I have emailed and sent a letter of complaint to a manager there by registered post. That was 8 weeks ago and despite countless phonecalls trying to follow it up the person has never rang back and their staff have blatantly lied about where this person is everytime I call.Also every other senior person has claimed they can't help and that there is only person who can.
    I will continue to pester them for awhile but as there's no legal avenue to persue it(and I couldn't afford to) it'll probably end up being pointless. :(

• Advertisement

chilly wrote: »
    Before sending your vouchers off be sure to photocopy them. I have found Tesco Clubcard Deal staff to be the most incredibly incompetant people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Last November I sent off €350 of clubcard vouchers to translate into €1254 of clubcard deals.I used registered post.The clubcard deal vouchers weren't available at the time due to a problem with them.However so they said they'd roll over the end date of my vouchers from end dec 08 to end dec '10 so I could avail of the clubcard deal when they'd sorted the glitch after xmass.

I recieved no new vouchers, so I rang them and was told that they'd never got around to processing my vouchers and now they were past their end of date so useless.They said they don't keep records of vouchers on computer so nothing they can do.It's impossible to get to speak to a manager. In the course of one phone call where I was transferred to different people I've been told the person I need to speak to had just left the office sick/is on maternity leave/is on holidays/is busy with a client and will ring back in 5 mins.I got no reply to a letter sent by registered post complaining about the service either.

There's no real legal entitlement where vouchers are concerned so basically my €1256 of clubcard vouchers has gone down the tubes.

To follow this up with some good news, after posting the above I got a PM from CH3OH with an email address for someone in Tesco HQ. I emailed it yesterday and got a phonecall this morning from someone who has agreed to reissue my vouchers as it was not my mistake that they were lost. So thank you to CH3OH who has saved me €1256!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

wow fair play ch03!!!! think you owe him a drink!

Advertisement