Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many are moving up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

NickyOD wrote: »

Did anybody find that a bit 'erotic' in a strange kind of way,or was it just me....?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dub13 wrote: »
    Did anybody find that a bit 'erotic' in a strange kind of way,or was it just me....?

I am bleeding from my ears.

EDIT: also no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I can make $36k a year running at 0bb/100 playing 100NL for 30 hours a week just in rb, moving to 200NL would be app a 30% raise. Theres no major need to be rushing to move up to play nosebleed levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

bohsman wrote: »
    I can make $36k a year running at 0bb/100 playing 100NL for 30 hours a week just in rb, moving to 200NL would be app a 30% raise. Theres no major need to be rushing to move up to play nosebleed levels.

I worked out today I can make over $60K a year paying break even poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭coillcam

Rakeback and affiliate whoring stuff ?

How many tables/hours per week ?

How many people affiliated through you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

cooker3 wrote: »
    DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!!!

wat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

wat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

how boring would that be?
    answer: very boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

coillcam wrote: »
    Rakeback and affiliate whoring stuff ?

How many tables/hours per week ?

How many people affiliated through you ?

It's about 35 hours a week 4-6 tabling Monday to Friday and it's all rake from my own play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

wat.jpg

ffs man get a grip on yourself

how boring would that be?
    answer: very boring

How many people find their jobs worse than 'very boring'? and this is only break even!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭GrangeUtd

How many people find their jobs worse than 'very boring'? and this is only break even!?!

I definitely do. I work for a good company treated well but its still boring.
    I sit in front of 2 screens in work everyday anyway. Thats why im going
    to give it a try. I mean look at the figures for being break even and just making rakeback. If you beat the game for 1/2bb/100 you will make nice money.

GrangeUtd wrote: »
    I definitely do. I work for a good company treated well but its still boring.
    I sit in front of 2 screens in work everyday anyway. Thats why im going
    to give it a try. I mean look at the figures for being break even and just making rakeback. If you beat the game for 1/2bb/100 you will make nice money.

er,that was kinda my point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭GrangeUtd

er,that was kinda my point

er, you asked a question i answered in a little detail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

the days of beating the game for 4-5bbs/100 over a significant sample size are long gone..

obviously we could table select well all our poker playing careers and perhaps maintain the above winrate but the reality is that if your taking this game seriously you can't afford to not be playing in 'normal' games regardless if your edge is only slightly +ev..

2 years ago it was fairly easily viable for a solid msnl regular to beat the 2/4 through 5/10 games for a solid 8-10bbs/100 profit, but again, those days are gone i feel..

with the obvious lack of fish involved these days combined with the rise of poker training sites, it's pretty obvious to see that it's going to take a completely different type of player to rise from all of that and progress to the higher stakes..

the varience in these msnl games has increased drastically over the past 2years, the games are tougher, the fish are being targetted and finding it difficult to get funds online, a lot more "regs" are learning how to play more optimally.. so yeah, it's getting a lot tougher, but some things never change.. as with anything in life, if you want it bad enough, you should find a way to get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

WTF!? I was conincidentally reading his wikipedia page right before I read your post...destiny imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

careca wrote: »
    Amen to that. If you can't get up to go to the toilet you have a problem. I shudder to think what would happen if he needed to take a crap.

This is a true story from October 2006. From my mate Toshi's (aka MrDigital's) blog, the story is about another lad I know from Crypto, DEBIDAX -- MrPillowtalk would have played against him plenty on the £2-5/£5-10/£10-20 games there a couple of years ago. I know DEBIDAX too and he has confirmed it's true!
    Anyway DEBIDAX rings me hysterical with laughter trying to gather hiself so he can speak on the phone. Now I can't read into his laugh because it could be anything from losing a 20k pot to well you get my drift - he laughs a lot. OK so he says "Wayne your not going to beleive this but i'm playing two tables". Stop right there here is a Good beat coming - he's just fished a monster on the river type scenario. He continues "and I'm in the middle of two big pots on them after running bad for a couple of hours."
    "go on" I reply.
    "Well you know when you get that sudden urge for a $h1te?" Now conjuring up images of my experiences of this scenario in different parts of the world.
    "yes, carry on".
    "I got the urge, so I take my laptop off charge and run as fast as i can to the toilet not wanting to miss the opportunity of winning a big pot.
    "And?" I query...
    He starts laughing again uncontrollably... "well I manage to whip my kecks off sit on the bog and releive my bowels of the biggest sloppiest turd you could ever imagine"

So a bit of an anticlimax here I think but he's still laughing his head off. I ask "did you win the pot or pots?" He says "yes I doubled up on both tables!"

"I just wish that I had lifted the bog seat up before I started $h1tting!"...

l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l

http://www.toshiwonka.blogspot.com/

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

kpnuts wrote: »
    This is a true story from October 2006. From my mate Toshi's (aka MrDigital's) blog, the story is about another lad I know from Crypto, DEBIDAX -- MrPillowtalk would have played against him plenty on the £2-5/£5-10/£10-20 games there a couple of years ago. I know DEBIDAX too and he has confirmed it's true!

http://www.toshiwonka.blogspot.com/

LOL :D

Ooh man the sacrifices we make for a quick double up

Advertisement