Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Was salvage archaeology on the course? I cant remember it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Was salvage archaeology on the course? I cant remember it...

I never heard of salvage or rescue archaeology until i saw it in the exam. Anyone have a definition?

Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I never heard of salvage or rescue archaeology until i saw it in the exam. Anyone have a definition?

Posted via Mobile Device

Common sense would tell me that is basically archaeology in itself? Thought it was all about finding artifacts......."salvaging" or "rescuing" them?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Common sense would tell me that is basically archaeology in itself? Thought it was all about finding artifacts......."salvaging" or "rescuing" them?

I thought it had something to do with preventing people from destroying historical sites ie building on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 moe-julligan

I thought it had something to do with preventing people from destroying historical sites ie building on them.
    thats what i said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

Rescue archaeology takes place before old buildings/sites are replaced by new ones. archaeologists go in and try to rescue facts/artefacts from the old site and see if there is anything more that they can learn from the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

winner92 wrote: »
    Rescue archaeology takes place before old buildings/sites are replaced by new ones. archaeologists go in and try to rescue facts/artefacts from the old site and see if there is anything more that they can learn from the place.

Thanks, i had a guess and wrote something along those lines, i made it vague though, in the hope that the examiner would give me the benefit of the doubt that i knew it and give me the marks!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

thought some of the short 20 questions were hard answered round 13 of them
    the sources were grand so were the pics
    the essays were ok martin luther was fine but messed up a bit on the plantation essay
    indst. rev + agricultural rev. came up and that was fine but i thought international relations was ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

Thanks, i had a guess and wrote something along those lines, i made it vague though, in the hope that the examiner would give me the benefit of the doubt that i knew it and give me the marks!

Posted via Mobile Device

I was really vague too! Loads of people in my year wrote 'Bus' for that identify this mode of transport...it was tram, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

Reckle wrote: »
    thought some of the short 20 questions were hard answered round 13 of them
    the sources were grand so were the pics
    the essays were ok martin luther was fine but messed up a bit on the plantation essay
    indst. rev + agricultural rev. came up and that was fine but i thought international relations was ok

My plantation wasn't great either but I definitely got full marks on old Martin! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 stop_the_craze

I thought it was alright. Way better than I thought like. I think I got a C/D?

Advertisement