Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history

Options
  • 11-06-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

what did everyone think of the history??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Ah i thought it was sooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!

Wat was up wit question 6.............impossible!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

Cathal93 wrote: »
    Ah i thought it was sooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!

Wat was up wit question 6.............impossible!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought it was simple hopin for a good b or a!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

That was a piece of piss...

Question 6 was brilliant especially, I'd say I got an A, at the lowest High B but most likely A... It's meant to be marked easier this year anyway.

How long was everyones question 6 and what time did yous finish the exam at? I filled the booklet and I was finished at 25 past 4 eeek

Damn Science now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

it was easy though i had to wright like 6 essays!!!!the Q4s that i told my friends always come up came up and they didnt believe me!!!!medieval and operation barbarossa for me!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

a piece of piss i got 95% in the pre and i tout this test was easier!!! im hoping for an A. i did reformer and op barbarossa.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Only thing I had a lot trouble with was trying to choose A, B, C or D in question 6. D was easy enough but I didn't really know much about the other ones but I just went with C. I probably didn't write enough about Martin Luthur either but I'm still expecting an B/C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

was a fairly easy paper alright except for question 4 b, i did the soldier in operation barbarossa but wasn't really happy with it, other than that... Grand!

was a fairly easy paper alright except for question 4 b, i did the soldier in operation barbarossa but wasn't really happy with it, other than that... Grand!

Did you write it as a kind of diary entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

I thought it was grand. Not doing it next year anyway so I couldn't really be arsed. Left at 20 to 4 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Did you write it as a kind of diary entry?

I did the same question, and no I wrote an essay type thing, took up an A4, sure I had LOADS of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

I thought it was grand. Not doing it next year anyway so I couldn't really be arsed. Left at 20 to 4 or so.

not as bad as the girl sitting beside me. she tried to leave at 20 past 3...had to wait till half past tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maria18593

aingel wrote: »
    not as bad as the girl sitting beside me. she tried to leave at 20 past 3...had to wait till half past tho....

we can't leave exams in our school....
    ...sometimes i get so bored....like in french and cspe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 leakd

Martin Luther and Barbarossa for me as well... Which Q6 questions did you do? I did B and D...
    I think I did grand though, I'll be happy with a B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

q6 I did A and B I think,the short qs were bad

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cglanton123

i did 6 A+C.. thought short questions were very hard!! although i think that i must have improved since the pres cos i got 46%HL. i Hope I get a B but a high C would be gr8 aswell!!

i did A and D
    it was the 2 i had lerned!!

ye short questions were way harder than usual!!
    i only answered like 10 of them!!
    :)

answered 12 but badly

i think i answered about 16 short q's but i think theyr wrong!!! can u remember ur answers/?

some but now my brain is full with science hehe

• Advertisement

a quik revision tip type jcsciencerevision into google..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭lolipops

Woot my reformer came up :D,
    that was like the only essay i learned lol.
    I did a person who received land during a plantation too but i wasn't too happy with it..
    I was really sick juring the year so i missed all of hitler and mussilini so i couldn't do any of those questions..
    And also im super lazy and couldn't be arsed trying :)
    i found the test really easy over all the only question i didnt like was Q6
    i did A and B :)

i hope i get a B..

well its science next

i think i answered about 16 short q's but i think theyr wrong!!! can u remember ur answers/?

I answered all 20 but there were a few i couldn't answer. Toward the end of the exam i was finished everything and i had absolutely no idea what the answers were so, at an attempt to entertain myself, and hopefully the examiner, i just wrote some random answers! The question, what was a maginot line... I just said it was a fishing line used in ancient ireland mainly on freshwater lakes and rivers. And the shannon scheme? Well that was setup to help irish footballers develop their game.

Posted via Mobile Device

haha tracker man.. nice try and good sense of humour i actually knew them Maginot line-- the line between france and germany

the shannon scheme- the hydroelectric power station deloped on shannon. (Electricity Scheme)they were among the few i knew the rest had a wild guess!!

like 1st secretary of North Ireland- Ian Paisley haha

the shannon scheme- the hydroelectric power station deloped on shannon. (Electricity Scheme)they were among the few i knew the rest had a wild guess!!

like 1st secretary of North Ireland- Ian Paisley haha

Are those answers correct? If so, brilliant. I just guessed those two questions. I had never even heard of the Shannon Scheme before today!

Are those answers correct? If so, brilliant. I just guessed those two questions. I had never even heard of the Shannon Scheme before today!

yes that correct !! well done!! what was stone quern used 4??

havent a clue!

wouldnt it be really funny 2 be an examner just 2 see what people wrote down?
    in the maths exam, when it said find x, i no someone who circled it and said there it is!

haha...funny...x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭lolipops

yes that correct !! well done!! what was stone quern used 4??

I guessed it was used for grinding up cereals ... probably wrong.

My friend guessed that it was a back scratcher lmao..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Overall I thought it was a pretty easy paper. The first 3 questions I thought were easy, I've always liked History so I knew most of the short questions, answered 15 I think.

Question 4 I did Martin Luther (2 Pages) and a settler during the Ulster plantation (1 and a half question).

Question 5 was easy as well, did the causes of American war of independence (1 and a half pages)

Question 6 I did part B and D, wrote about a page and a half to two pages for both.

Overall easy paper, I'd say I got an A in it:cool:

• Advertisement

quern stones were used to grind up grain ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Advertisement