Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$1500 WSOP PLO

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭William Money

bell_boy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the congrats. I was great craic.

While I wished my exit hand would have stood up, I had been given a gift already. Blinds are 1500/3000. Selbest makes her standard and frequent 9000 raise from MP. Natte on the button calls. I'm in the BB and have 16k behind, so I push with As8s5c4s (or something similar). Selbest calls the extra 10k. And then Santa comes to town. Selbest must have been on around 300k, Natte has 125k or so. Natte asks if he can raise!?! And he does. I inappropriately stick my arms in the air and exclaim yes! I'm smiling, Selbest is shaking her head and has to fold. Natte turns over a good hand KhKdQhJh, but one for which I'm actually a tiny favorite! (Gotta love Omaha). I triple up, and Selbest is slightly tilted as she says she would have won.

I make a huge bonehead play just after the redraw for 3 tables. Blinds are 2000/4000. I'm in the small blind and it's folded to me. I have 90k and the BB is on 45k. I haven't played with the BB before. I look down at my hand and then quip "Maybe they'll let us chop". I complete. The BB looks at his hand and raises to 12k. The BB doesn't look very comfortable (I _never_ make body language reads, and you'll see why) as I think what to do. I realize that i uncharacteristically joked when I looked at my hand and decide I'll represent aces as that fits with the speach paly. So I reraise. BB eventually calls with kings, one of the hands I thought could lay down. I turn over my KJ98ds, but don't catch lucky.

A few hands later is the exit hand and Eugene was deep enough that I don't think the outcome would have changed. But hopefully confession will be good for the soul and I'll get that play out of my book.

Cheers,
    Lawrence[/

Sounds like youre having fun you lucky divil!

Dont pick on desperate shortstacks.:)

Whats your next event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bell_boy

Whats your next event?

I'll play the $2500 Pot Limit Hold'em / Omaha round of each. That's it for this trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭William Money

best of luck and easy on the fancy play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Very well done. Nice to see the Irish going well. Keep it up!!

Connie

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

connie147 wrote: »
    Very well done. Nice to see the Irish going well. Keep it up!!

Connie

Sadly we can't claim this one Connie, although he did go to Omaha school over here for a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

5starpool wrote: »
    Sadly we can't claim this one Connie, although he did go to Omaha school over here for a few years.

Surely if Jack could claim Cascarino etc etc etc, and we all accepted them with open arms, then we can lay claim to a regular Dublin player and tag him as "Irish"?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Hilarious heads-up going on at the moment in this $1,500 PLO event. Vanessa Selbst HU against the Aussie guy Jamie Pickering. The Aussie is blasted drunk and potting every hand preflop BLIND, without looking at his cards, then betting the flop blind too! HE's absolutely blasted drunk, playing for $83k differential in prizes and a WSOP bracelet. And it's working for him, he's overturned a 1-4.5 deficit and now leads 2-1 on chips!

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/event-19-1500-pot-limit-omaha/day3/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is classic stuff, I hope he wins it. They just called a fifteen minute break, not planned, they are probably going to have a word with him or something, but it would be great to see Pickering win the bracelet with a blind call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement