Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***CUP GAME***Fri 11-Jul-08 20:00 St Colmcilles -v- jpmorganchase Div4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Draupnir wrote: »
    Drinking? I heard you had given all that up so that you could beef up and get some roles in adult entertainment movies?

One of the other jailbirds tell you that yeah ? :pac:

The aul day release system is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I have a weekend pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ok, me mate seamus is going tonight, he is very keen to play,he is a winger and extremely fit. he can also play RB if needed. mark, me other mate, is struggling with an injury for months now and is not going to risk it tonight.

des, ill pass on your number to him, incase he gets lost. lads, let me know asap if you need another player, as in, are we sure we have 11 for definate?

keith, good to have u back mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Yahoo Keitho!

I, like Ed, would also like to offer my services up front.

Feeling a lot fiter after cycling/running every day for the last 2 weeks and some good exercise before that. Ain't no Greek God, but I'm running a lot more and feel pretty good. (Hops on bike for lunchtime cycle).

Note to all:

don't go to columbas instead of colmcilles like i did the last time there was a game there.
    2 places sound the same :/

Now to find directions to this godforsaken place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

15 bus goes right to the door Shay

No use to me, Im picking up Al and possibly Des in Santry.
    Is it out by Blanchardstown, or am I way off?

A million miles off. It's the firhouse exit of the M50. You coming near me? I was gonna get the two buses out.

balls. thats where i thought it was, must be thinking of a different pitch. The name rings a bell but damned if i can remember it.

you going from dcu? I can pick you up on the way if you are.

This is the windy place from the first season with the smell of Chinese in the car park right? That's the one I'm heading for anyway!

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    This is the windy place from the first season with the smell of Chinese in the car park right? That's the one I'm heading for anyway!

From memory , to get to that place, you take a turn off at fir house on m50, go straight through a roundabout or 2, and then its just on your right.....right?

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah balls it's in that place, for some reason i thought it was on in Wesley.

I don't think i'll make it in time for kickoff(only leaving work at 6.30) and since numbers seem ok i think i'm going to pull out. If others have pulled out and numbers are low send me a text/call (des should have my number) or if before 6.30 a post here and i'll grab a taxi out and should make it for just before kick off time.

Good luck tonight!

If you get the 15 bus at half 6 you'll be well there in time. Only takes about an hour. Yeh Shay, I'll grab a lift off ya. Cheers. What time?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    If you get the 15 bus at half 6 you'll be well there in time. Only takes about an hour. Yeh Shay, I'll grab a lift off ya. Cheers. What time?

Picking Des and Al up at 6:30 in Santry, so ...6:15 dcu gates Collins Ave ok?

Ya have my number anyway yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good luck tonight lads, a cup run is just what the doctor ordered so hope it goes well. And if it goes to penos get Karl to do some outlandish sh1t to put them off!

Cheers Jules, hope the recovery is coming along well

best of luck lads in this......we need a good result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Won 6-0. I got all six

The bottling wa*kers didnt show, and gave astro 1 hours notice.
    Myself,Des,Al and Martin were half way down the m50 when astro rang us to say they had forfeited the game.
    Hopefully they'll be reading this anyway, ye are a shower of bottlers, could you not have given a bit more notice, do you think lads have nothing better to be doing on a Friday night than waiting around on jokers like yerselves :rolleyes:

On the positive side.....we're through to the next round!

• Advertisement

On the negative side, got down to Tolka only to see Shels be trounced. Rubbish day all round.

Was sitting at the ground when I found out, its bang out of order for a team to pull out at that late stage, either way its a great result to be through to the next round after the struggle to get a squad together.

I'll do my best to be available as many times as I can in the coming weeks but Tuesdays are bad for me right now unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Wait lads.

I got an email off the other team at 15.50, but I was already away from a PC.

It was Astro who fúcked up here.

great stuff......except for the result last tuesday, the last 2-3 weeks aint been too bad and things are looking up, new players, players returning from injury etc.

to be honest, i had an idea all week that they would pull out and i maybe wrong, but one or 2 of them may have been keeping an eye on here to see if we had a team or not, before conceding. myself and des talked about this last night. sometimes maybe we are showing a hand by having everything up here, one of the lads at the game last week said just as much.

wonder does this mean now des a possible clash for the next round with the boards soccer pis* up? should we arrange our team pi*s up for after the next cup game regardless?

anyway, its another round and surely, as the season is only 5-6 weeks left, there cant be many left? maybe we are down to last 16/32?

Mail from astro.ie
    Hi Lads,

Boardeaux are through to the next round.

Your next game will be in early August, date to be confirmed.

Regards,

Ed how are we showing our hand on here? That makes no sense. We don't discuss tactics or the like on here. All an outsider would know is if we're struggling for players or not. And that'd probably give us an advantage. If we're under strength they under estimate us. If we've everyone fit they over-estimate us. Plus, I doubt half the teams in the league even realise we're the boards.ie team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

sometimes maybe we are showing a hand by having everything up here, one of the lads at the game last week said just as much.

I can see it going either way if a team things they have some inside info on us - they might find some use for it or for example know that we're fielding a new back four, or yeh they might well underestimate us. Still, I don't think inside info is responsible for any of our woes this season so don't think we should change anything. Though I can see it that if a team reads on here after the match where we're saying things like 'we won 2-1 but they were poor so it should've been 5-1' might rile them up and give them extra motivation next time round so we should be aware of that.

Still though, I'm very interested to hear that one of the monks players last week commented on it, was it just a throwaway remark like that or did he say anything else?

Poor form on Astro not to call Des within an hour of not getting a response to their email, but as the fella says a win is a win if you win it get a forfeit, so we'll take it and roll on the next round!

When's the pissup planned for? I'm gonna be having a party in my gaff in Crumlin sometime in the next month and was planning on inviting all you punks, it's easy to get to and there's plenty of Russian vodka....

And I was also thinking we should get a Boardeaux poker night going some Friday night - any takers? You just know Ed and Martin will be all-in against each other on the first hand and both with muck hands :D

I'll lay it down right now. I'm a pretty good poker player. The maths comes in handy. And I never go all in on the first hand :D That's a great idea though Jules. Be well up for it though may arrive late if Shels are playing that night.

Anyway, I'm convinced the only thing we can blame for losing games we should win is ourselves.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    may arrive late if Shels are playing that night.

You think you'd be fed up watching beating after beating. Must be getting depressing at this stage ;)

• Advertisement

for example know that we're fielding a new back four,

lol.

That's something we'd NEVER do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement