Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightowl thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Yup im a night studyier too, partially cause i leave everything to the last minute, but also because its just so peaceful all i can hear is my adorable dogs snores!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I've started writing articles and essays at insane times...
    I find if I go to bed at 12, get up at 4 and write I am ****ING AMAZING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

this is crazy but recently i have started working through the nights and sleeping through the days

I usually start at midnight and work til it gets light outside

somehow there is less distractions and its more peaceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

I find my mind its most clear and active between these hours.

In my past life as a photographer and photographic manipulator, it would be in this window of time I would my best work. I have often wondered why.

Even today, my skills are sharpest when the dreaded day star sinks beneath the sky and Luna dominates unopposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

ACW wrote: »
    Luna dominates unopposed.
    :) Nice one!

I work quite well at different times. If I've Pepsi or Red Bull I work great from 8am - 5pm. But if I've tea I can work from 8pm - whenever I get sleepy.

I'm currently learning off a diagram for the Bad Side of Inflammation!

• Advertisement

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I'm currently learning off a diagram for the Bad Side of Inflammation!

Explain?

Explain?

It's just a big diagram full of diseases and what attacks the body to make them occur. It's tough enough to learn off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's just a big diagram full of diseases and what attacks the body to make them occur. It's tough enough to learn off.

A rather... unusual way to spend the anti flaming cancer ball hours!

What are you studying, pre med?

What are you studying, pre med?

Immunology and Global Health.
    I wish I was doing pre med, my friend did that...seemed alot simpler :pac:

• Advertisement

Immunology and Global Health.
    I wish I was doing pre med, my friend did that...seemed alot simpler :pac:

Yes, but not nearly as employable as a hench man or rogue scientist.

As a mater of fact I may have a job for you soon... *strokes evil goatee*

*quirks eyebrow*

I'm listening!

It would involve moving to Mt Doom. The pay is good, conditions so so, but you get a great new costume and lessons in manical laughter.

It would involve moving to Mt Doom. The pay is good, conditions so so, but you get a great new costume and lessons in manical laughter.

I don't do well in heat!

But a new costume could be the winning reason for me :D Lots of frills and feathers, I hope :cool:

Not exactly what I had invisioned, but orginal I grant you. Obviously as a Level 4 "hot zone" your labs would be air conditioned.

Not exactly what I had invisioned, but orginal I grant you. Obviously as a Level 4 "hot zone" your labs would be air conditioned.

*pumps air* YES! Air Conditioned lifestyle is all I need! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i do actually, something about the cool night air that the nightshift always got me motivated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Yes to most of the above ... though I don't tend to get more cynical at night, quite the opposite in fact, you want negative / pissy catch me in the morning before I'm fully awake (i.e. in approximately the first two hours after I drag myself out of bed! >_> )
    I quote! (as u can see)
    Also...I'm more creative at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I do most of my work about this time. Just finished an essay on the gendering of women.....now to start one on celticism. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yep, I can say I am much more creative during the night. Seem more focused, confident and at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Always, find I cant study before 8PM, but after that I can keep going till 4 or 5 in the morning easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Same here. Only boot up after the 19:00 mark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I work best at night simply because I can't stand having anyone around when I'm trying to do something. Always with the stupid questions:
    "Why aren't you wearing pants?" "Is that blood?" "Where is everybody?" "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Yeah, and if someone does disturb you, you can produce the old lump hammer for swift killings, and have 'em buried before sunrise.:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yeah, and if someone does disturb you, you can produce the old lump hammer for swift killings, and have 'em buried before sunrise.:cool:
    Actually, that's why I keep a shovel handy at all times. Murder and body disposal implement all in one package

Yeah, man... even better again. Off to Woodies later so.:D

Advertisement